Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Just now, chizhead said:

Basketball only now. Just hope the garbage that are the power brokers don't become interested in basketball

Keep them out of our damn gym!!!!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chizhead said:

Basketball only now. Just hope the garbage that are the power brokers don't become interested in basketball

Can we get them bored by football? That would be awesome!

3 minutes ago, chimes said:

Had to get away from all this bull**** so I took the boys to the creek, fully expecting to see Clark had been announced when I got back. Funny that it’s gotten to the point that us not hiring anyone yet is the best news I’ve seen so far during this cluster****

Feel the same way my friend, the longer it goes on without being a coach being named the happier I seem to become lol

11 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

For what it’s worth a bunch of UGA fans I know think it will be Fickell

I would take Schiano at this point 

28 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It might have to be Steele at this point. These coaches ain’t even allowed to pick their own assistants. Nobody wants to be apart of that. That’s why everybody keeps turning the job down 

That’s the master plan from the get go, actually.  

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

They’ve set it up perfectly so that he is the only option available..... Bill Clark just told us no. Bill. Clark. 

Per who? Not that I mind I just want to know who is saying that

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

They’ve set it up perfectly so that he is the only option available..... Bill Clark just told us no. Bill. Clark. 

I’m not buying any of the info the media is putting out there. That’s like people on here saying nearly weekly that Gus added a new wrinkle to the offense and we know how that turned out .

12 minutes ago, autkidd1345162876 said:

Buddy who is a high school head coach in Alabama said he was told that Clark and Auburn hit a wall due to Auburn requiring him to keep Steele and Garner. 

I can believe that!

Soooo if everyone says no because of the circumstances, is it possible the stuff really hits the fan, boosters take a back seat and we hire a real coach?

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Guys I think we just got Bill Clark a raise at UAB omg I can't lol

image.gifHere’s a live look at the coaches AUburn has “offered”. 

"To step into an interim head coach role and lead our program during a challenging year was nothing short of remarkable. Our victory against Northwestern in the Citrus Bowl was his first test and he passed with flying colors, proving not just to us but to the Auburn Family, that he is the right man for the job. We were impressed with the humility and leadership he had shown as interim head coach. We have decided to promote Coach Kevin Steele to be the new head football coach for your Auburn Tigers! He has shown time and time again he is a true Auburn man and we are excited for this new chapter. War Eagle!"

- Auburn if Steele wins the bowl game 

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Feel the same way my friend, the longer it goes on without being a coach being named the happier I seem to become lol

Ditto.  It's already off the rails, no need to rush it and make it worse.  We need to take some time and regroup here and rethink our position.  The only way this ends remotely well is to stop and reassess and think what about this process is going wrong to cause this to happen.

Relax guys I have decided I will take the job and keep Steele and Gardner. I will do it for 2mil/yr no buyout. We will whirlybird from the sugar huddle every play but 3rd down. We will throw it deep then

Archived