Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

7 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

It seems Clark was never offered 

You gotta define offered.

He was definitely the guy by default at one point. None of these offers have felt serious and it's weird they're withdrawing so fast. Why not wait and negotiate? 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUGrad1996 said:

I just don't see a path forward for Steele and Garner at this point.  At least not in any sort of tenable situation.  Any type Steele HC announcement is going to be met with a worse reaction than Schiano got at Tennessee.  It seems as though Clark would be the same and I have to agree with earlier comments that if you acquiesce to Clark's demand for hiring his own staff, which he should demand, then why didn't you do that for the guys you'd rather have?  There is no good answer to that other than "we burned those bridges and Clark is the only one who gave us a shot to reconsider".  That answer isn't good enough for me and it shouldn't be for Auburn.

I agree. AG isn't going to give that mess the opportunity, just the fact that it got that far was more than enough for the fans. 

With the AD stepping up, at least we know he's wanting to lead this circus.

I hope those who started that crap get run out of town on a rail. 

17 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Being in charge of the search doesn’t mean you make the decision. 

Bingo. Exactly what I'm saying.

30 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Just so y’all don’t think I’m making it up lol 7E7CDEC4-E2C3-4A24-B8B3-8A02E6841260.jpeg

Yeah but we are so far down the rabbit hole at this point thanks to the BOT, ADAG will be lucky to get Santa to delivery someone that checks the box’s.  Then if he fails, the BOT has an excuse to fire him, the coach and shove a fat fat finger in all our faces and says see what happens when we don’t make decisions for the masses. 

Dude, the false hope we keep getting is ridiculous. We get hope on something only to be sh*t on two hours later 

Cristobal is the guy - signs Oregon extension.

Lane is the guy - that doesn’t pan out

Sark is the guy - nope

Elliot has an interview- doesn’t go to interview 

Napier is about to sign - that doesn’t happen

Clark didn’t get offered!!! - Not yet...

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude, the false hope we keep getting is ridiculous. We get hope on something only to be sh*t on two hours later 

Sark is the guy - nope

Oh forgot to add 

Allen Green has taken over. So now we apparently are going to start from the top and have hope again?

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Sark is the guy - nope

BOT must be filled with dementia patients 

2 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Clark wasnt offered yet and neither was Napier .. 

if Napier wasn’t offered, someone has some serious f***ing explaining to do. That was plastered all over everything to the point that our players were putting circus tent emojis on Twitter!

2 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Clark wasnt offered yet and neither was Napier .. 

pretty sure I read that Napier rejected the offer to be head coach when he didn't know who his boss was and when he didn't have the opportunity to hire his own men.

Interviewing 101. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh forgot to add 

Allen Green has taken over. So now we apparently are going to start from the top and have hope again?

Not to mention Venables and the "Nah, I think I'll just stay where I am"

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh forgot to add 

If AG sticks the landing and signs an elite coach we might have to name the football facility after him.

WDE!

Just now, MadtownTiger said:

If AG sticks the landing and signs an elite coach we might have to name the football facility after him.

WDE!

No doubt. He better not go anywhere. We need him to fight the good fight against the good ol boy network. Which is a shame, since all we really want is people capable. 

1 minute ago, MadtownTiger said:

WDE!

Dude please don’t even think that’s going to happen. I can’t bare to see you set yourself up for disappointment.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude please don’t even think that’s going to happen. I can’t bare to see you set yourself up for disappointment.

I know, I know, there will never be a football facility.

WDE!

I was just thinking. Our bot would be better off being run by a bunch of 5 year old. Because at least a bunch of 5 year old would let the head coach do what he wanted to. 

Ain’t that some sh*t.

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Sark is the guy - nope

Wait.  The f'ups have been happening so fast that I missed how we stepped on our richard with Kiffin.

Archived