Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Thanks for the update.  Is it true that the Board has been requiring retaining existing staff and that is why Napier (for example) didn't take the job?

I don’t pretend to know everything that’s going on, but I’ve heard that floated around in a few different places. 

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Fwiw I’m available, my Auburn dynasty in NCAA 14 is on a 68 game win streak 

I stopped playing the NCAA games when I created a stud RB gave him my sons name and the SOB committed to FSU

2 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I just get the feeling all the rumor and whirlwind of being turned down, etc etc, is not even close to what is actually happening. 

Even if that’s the case, it’s still a fail. Auburn is looking really terrible right now. The PR folks need to release a statement if the perception that they’re messing this up is wrong.

32 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Are you serious. After everything we’ve been through today you’d pass on James Franklin? You take that back!!!!

I want the chaos to continue 

32 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

36 mill on that buyout looking hefty. 🙄🙄

Ding ding ding. Bingo. Winner.

Unrelated 

Told y'all 

Just now, drewzums343 said:

Is it confirmed Venables isn't interested? He would be the perfect hire but we can't give our coach simple stuff like autonomy over his staff

We are interested... but who knows with that guy. He's interviewed for jobs for fun or something.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I want the chaos to continue 

Ding ding ding. Bingo. Winner.

Unrelated 

Told y'all 

thank goodness. Let's AG do his job. 

Support that man. 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

agreed

I can't see how Clark would be an improvement over Gus. We didn't fire CGM because he sucked, we fired him because he was average and couldn't beat our rivals enough. I have no confidence that Bill Clark can Walz into auburn and be the guy. I'd take gus over Clark any day 

7 minutes ago, PikesEagle said:

I stopped playing the NCAA games when I created a stud RB gave him my sons name and the SOB committed to FSU

The trick is to always make them Auburn Alabama natives, doesn’t work in real life but it always works in the games 😂

I just feel like AG and the search committee needs to reset and regroup, or maybe just let AG run it.  But either way, let some people really reflect on why this search is having the problems that it is.  There needs to be some reflection on this and we need to change our parameters with which we are trying to hire a coach.  I'm not saying this to throw shade on Napier or Clark, but when the Louisiana and UAB coach says no thanks to your top 15 job, you need to consider why that is.  Then consider what candidates you might have a shot with if you were to fix those issues.

Auburns position posting should read:

No winning percentage required 

No power 5 experience required

No big buyouts

You have to hire who we tell you to and you have no control 

Just weed out the candidates who can't meet these requirements lmao

2 hours ago, fishepa said:

Incoming negative national media stories in 3..2..1.  Not that we don’t deserve it. 

Oh we get crapped on all the time for nothing but this, this we deserve and have brought on ourselves. 

Archived