Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Just give it to Steele.  If he tanks and Auburn starts looking like Florida State then heads will roll.  If he can recruit OTs and make Bo learn how to be a real QB then bring Bobo.  If it goes well who cares about all this.  If they aren’t serious about hiring anyone else then end it and move on.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Are they going to announce after the bowl game that KS is the new head coach? What are they waiting for? Is he leveraging us for more money?

Just release it so recruiting isn’t hit worse.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Just give it to Steele.  If he tanks and Auburn starts looking like Florida State then heads will roll.  If he can recruit OTs and make Bo learn how to be a real QB then bring Bobo.  If it goes well who cares about all this.  If they aren’t serious about hiring anyone else then end it and move on.

No. We can't let this horrible, embarrassing, inexcusable process end with the results that the perpetrators wanted all along.

Nope

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The trick is to always make them Auburn Alabama natives, doesn’t work in real life but it always works in the games 😂

I don't recall where I had him from but I believe it was close to my home town (Carbon Hill). Maybe that is why, lot of bam'ers around there.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I feel like a dog just waiting to be put down so that it's all over with.

15 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I just get the feeling all the rumor and whirlwind of being turned down, etc etc, is not even close to what is actually happening. 

I had the same thought. Like, what if all this is just a smokescreen, and we have already hired the coach. Maybe we are all melting down for no reason. Maybe the BoT are about to deliver a fantastic Christmas gift. I know that’s wishful thinking, but who knows?

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

No. We can't let this horrible, embarrassing, inexcusable process end with the results that the perpetrators wanted all along.

Why not?  If it blows up maybe they’ll learn a lesson.  If it’s a success maybe they know a little more than we do.  It’s basically these guys money Auburn’s playing with anyway at this point.  

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I had the same thought. Like, what if all this is just a smokescreen, and we have already hired the coach. Maybe we are all melting down for no reason. Maybe the BoT are about to deliver a fantastic Christmas gift. I know that’s wishful thinking, but who knows?

Wish the same but I don’t think the clowns running the show over the past couple of weeks could have orchestrated an operation that sophisticated. That would be a TON of smoke and mirrors and would have wasted a lot of folks’ time, including coaches that interviewed for the job.

17 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Is it confirmed Venables isn't interested? He would be the perfect hire but we can't give our coach simple stuff like autonomy over his staff

Yes. He has two sons on Clemson’s team. 

Search Committee Meeting Minutes 12/21/2020

Ok let’s summarize where we’re at:

M Cristobal -  out

Billy Napier - out

Steve Sarkisian - out

Tony Elliott - out

Brent Venables -out

Kevin Steele - out (or is he?)

Bill Clark - out

Neal Brown - ?

Hugh Freeze - We don’t want him, too much baggage 

Lane Kiffin - We don’t want him, he’ll want authority to make coaching decisions

Next Steps:
Who are the coaches at South Alabama, Jacksonville State and Stamford?  We are assuming Chip Lindsey at Troy is out.  If none of those candidates work out we will look at Alabama State and Alabama A&M next.

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's almost like the search is all kabuki theater designed to get the result some people wanted in the beginning.

Just now, shabby said:

I'm thinking it was the other way around

Anybody is gonna turn us down with this. This is a “well everybody turned us down, Steele time”

Why not?  If it blows up maybe they’ll learn a lesson.  If it’s a success maybe they know a little more than we do.  It’s basically these guys money Auburn’s playing with anyway at this point.  

Did they learn their lesson after Jetgate? How about when Chizik bombed? Or how about now with paying $21 to Malzahn? 

They NEVER learn their lesson because this is Jerry Jones BS. They'd rather be in control of a terrible Auburn than to cede control and watch the team thrive. This is about EGO.

It has been like this for decades and the same people are more or less pulling the strings. They have clearly not learned any lessons, and I highly doubt a failed coaching hire will change that.

I still can’t believe we would have even considered hiring Bill Clark anyways. We are supposedly doing a nationwide search and we are supposed to believe he’s up there with the big dogs?? He’s way way down the list. Obviously Steele doesn’t even make the list. Such an embarrassment. 

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

It’s already blown up. If they haven’t learned their lesson by now, they never will.

1 minute ago, dilligas said:

Search Committee Meeting Minutes 12/21/2020

Ok let’s summarize where we’re at:

M Cristobal -  out

Billy Napier - out

Steve Sarkisian - out

Tony Elliott - out

Brent Venables -out

Kevin Steele - out (or is he?)

Bill Clark - out

Neal Brown - ?

Hugh Freeze - We don’t want him, too much baggage 

Lane Kiffin - We don’t want him, he’ll want authority to make coaching decisions

Next Steps:
Who are the coaches at South Alabama, Jacksonville State and Stamford?  We are assuming Chip Lindsey at Troy is out.  If none of those candidates work out we will look at Alabama State and Alabama A&M next.

This post really got me. We’ve just about struck out completely.

21 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Even if that’s the case, it’s still a fail. Auburn is looking really terrible right now. The PR folks need to release a statement if the perception that they’re messing this up is wrong.

This is program killing bad. 

Archived