Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, auburnandjagsfan said:

Yes. He has two sons on Clemson’s team. 

Then why was it even floated he was a candidate? If it’s such common knowledge that he isn’t going anywhere because of his kids then why would anyone even waste the time?

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I still can’t believe we would have even considered hiring Bill Clark anyways. We are supposedly doing a nationwide search and we are supposed to believe he’s up there with the big dogs?? He’s way way down the list. Obviously Steele doesn’t even make the list. Such an embarrassment. 

Perhaps our perception of reality is different then the rest of the worlds? Still trying to think of that last home run hire Auburn made.........

1 minute ago, TigerStripe said:

This post really got me. We’ve just about struck out completely.

I said it earlier, we are down to trying to buy out the coach from Thompson High School.  If he says no then Niblett at Hoover is next.

Just now, auburnfaithful72 said:

Auburn was not very impressed with Clark or Napier.. Auburn wants a bigger fish.. be patient .. we are trying to get a winner

Winners don't do the "yes man" dance.

You “just go ahead and hire Steele” folks are part of the problem. That’s such a losers mentality. This long time attitude of acceptance is why we are dealing with this crap now. Now is not the time to give up, now is the time to burn it down and rebuild it back right. Once and for all. 

Auburn was not very impressed with Clark or Napier.. Auburn wants a bigger fish.. be patient .. we are trying to get a winner

All the evidence out there suggests that Napier and Clark turned us down.

And you know this...how? I want to believe Auburn isn’t as silly as we appear, but no one is giving any indication that our program isn’t tanking. 

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Then why was it even floated he was a candidate? If it’s such common knowledge that he isn’t going anywhere because of his kids then why would anyone even waste the time?

Well it’s obvious then.  Gotta get a coach with kids on the team. Offer Patrick Nix.  We’ll have him at least a couple of years while Bo is on the team.

Just now, AUFriction said:

It’s already blown up. If they haven’t learned their lesson by now, they never will.

I guess I look at this and Auburn could stretch it out another week and talk to everyone they want.  Someone new turns Auburn down everyday until Auburn is forced to hire Steele.  This is actually best case for Steele because he comes back as the hero instead of the enemy.

16 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Just give it to Steele.  If he tanks and Auburn starts looking like Florida State then heads will roll.  If he can recruit OTs and make Bo learn how to be a real QB then bring Bobo.  If it goes well who cares about all this.  If they aren’t serious about hiring anyone else then end it and move on.

no one wants steele. he shouldn't even be considered. end of story

@NoALtiger I know you’ve facepalmed and disliked posts today on the hiring of Steele but honestly unless AU pulls something crazy out of their ass like a lane or a fickell, then basically any coach we hire of the supposed available is gonna be the same as Steele, catering to the PTB, we might as well keep the family dysfunction going rather than ruining another coaches career by being associated with this mess.

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

You “just go ahead and hire Steele” folks are part of the problem. That’s such a losers mentality. This long time attitude of acceptance is why we are dealing with this crap now. Now is not the time to give up, now is the time to burn it down and rebuild it back right. Once and for all. 

amen. let AG do his job. 

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

as I just said, based on everything said with every coach declining us, I don’t see how you don’t realize it’s gonna be the same ol s*** unless the PTB make a complete 180 and let one of the popular names have full autonomy.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's one reason he tried not to be the final decision

I dont understand the PTB though- you hire an AD so that THEY can make this decision- if they fail- you fire THEM. Why would you want this on your shoulders? The answer is hubris I know but ....

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

I guess I look at this and Auburn could stretch it out another week and talk to everyone they want.  Someone new turns Auburn down everyday until Auburn is forced to hire Steele.  This is actually best case for Steele because he comes back as the hero instead of the enemy.

He’d be the hero only because he’s the only coach in America that would take the job with the condition Steele stays.

1 minute ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Where is the evidence? lol.. just opinions and agendas and people believe anything.. be patient

OK guy that never posts.  I'll certainly take your word.

0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205.gif

Archived