Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Then why was it even floated he was a candidate? If it’s such common knowledge that he isn’t going anywhere because of his kids then why would anyone even waste the time?

Muschamp had a son on our team and he left to coach USC Jr 

3 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Where is the evidence? lol.. just opinions and agendas and people believe anything.. be patient

It’s being reported by several media people. 

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

He literally has no say in all this, according to people in the know 

where have you been? he does now. Rivals and 247 have reported it,. I've left so many damn messages via voicemail and email they sure as hell know it now. 

9 minutes ago, AUGrad1996 said:

I said it earlier, we are down to trying to buy out the coach from Thompson High School.  If he says no then Niblett at Hoover is next.

I misspoke earlier. I said that after so may strikeouts, the next tier was the coaches of those high school kids we 'hope' to recruit. Well, I guess we do need to progress through the state colleges first. But at the pace this process is going, we'll soon be calling up Prattville, Mountain Brook, and Opelika, right?

Just now, AUx said:

I misspoke earlier. I said that after so may strikeouts, the next tier was the coaches of those high school kids we 'hope' to recruit. Well, I guess we do need to progress through the state colleges first. But at the pace this process is going, we'll soon be calling up Prattville, Mountain Brook, and Opelika, right?

What about Auburn High? They made it to the state finals. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

as I just said, based on everything said with every coach declining us, I don’t see how you don’t realize it’s gonna be the same ol s*** unless the PTB make a complete 180 and let one of the popular names have full autonomy.

I’m sorry, I just don’t understand this line of thinking. The culture of our program is clearly rotten, there is a long time cancer that has totally permeated the entire program and it’s past time something is done about it. I detest airing family business in public and no doubt it’s a bad and embarrassing look, but if that’s how it’s gotta be then that’s how it’s gotta be. The PTB are the ones making it a knife fight, it doesn’t have to be this hard. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

where have you been? he does now. Rivals and 247 have reported it,. I've left so many damn messages via voicemail and email they sure as hell know it now. 

I have not heard this. And if he does, that is a big change, but still probably a little too late unless they have a major plan up their sleeve

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

What about Auburn High? They made it to the state finals. Lol. 

2-fer, a coach and a couple of 3 or 4 stars from the same dad durn high school. Welp. Now that is Auburn BOT big thinkin right there!

4 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Muschamp had a son on our team and he left to coach USC Jr 

His nephew, but your point remains.  

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

OK guy that never posts.  I'll certainly take your word.

No take it from at least ten people I have seen on here post crap then the next day you find out they are blowing smoke up your rear end..

0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205.gif

The irony of this entire process is mind blowing. A change was needed, but a change only works IF YOU HAVE A PLAN YOU CAN EXECUTE. My wife and 15 month old daughter could say thanks but no thanks to a HC, but I doubt they’d F this hiring process up any worse than the current leadership has. 

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I’m sorry, I just don’t understand this line of thinking. The culture of our program is clearly rotten, there is a long time cancer that has totally permeated the entire program and it’s past time something is done about it. I detest airing family business in public and no doubt it’s a bad and embarrassing look, but if that’s how it’s gotta be then that’s how it’s gotta be. The PTB are the ones making it a knife fight, it doesn’t have to be this hard. 

So if the PTB are saying “we pick your staff” which is basically saying “we control you” then where does that leave the coach? I mean I really don’t see what I so hard to understand. If this PTB has this mindset and  isn’t willing to change then they aren’t hiring anybody but Neal brown or Steele. As Pass the biscuits said “ we can stop going to games and giving money to the university and this probably still won’t be enough to influence this bunch” verbatim

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

@NoALtiger I know you’ve facepalmed and disliked posts today on the hiring of Steele but honestly unless AU pulls something crazy out of their ass like a lane or a fickell, then basically any coach we hire of the supposed available is gonna be the same as Steele, catering to the PTB, we might as well keep the family dysfunction going rather than ruining another coaches career by being associated with this mess.

No.  No Steele.  No prisoners.  No surrender.

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I have not heard this. And if he does, that is a big change, but still probably a little too late unless they have a major plan up their sleeve

its true. its a big change. hopefully enough time to turn this ship around. 

Just now, AURealist said:

No.  No Steele.  No prisoners.  No surrender.

If we get denied by everybody and the PTB gets their way, there really isn’t much of an option. I’ve already prepared myself that this going to happen lol

So if Clarke turned us down for the same reason as everyone else.... an inability to hire his staff then how is this a sign that Greene has taking control of the situation. Sounds like the same old

1 minute ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

What I have read says Napier removed his name from being a candidate.. he was not offered...

You ever actually interviewed people for jobs?  An official typed out, signable offer is typically only made if you know the guy is going to accept.

Archived