Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio in those. Don’t be messing it up with the Reese’s trees and assorted shapes. Mini cups for the win.

Funny as hell. A friend and I had this deep conversation last week. I can't eat 2 Reese's cups, but I can put away 3 bags of those miniatures. Damn perfect 😂😂

Just now, shabby said:

I could care less. People are using FIU as an indicator that Mario was a winner. He was not. The team got worse the longer he was there and he was fired. 

I am not saying Cristobal can't or wobe a good coach. I am however saying that nothing he did at FIU including the greatest indicator of getting fired shows that he would be. Hell Butch Davis has a significantly better record there. Maybe we should hire him 

You basically have said he was terrible at FIU. Regardless of looking at how even some of the bigger opponents they played, they were still competitive. He signed FIU’s first ESPN 150 player ever. He also knows the value of the lines which is exactly why Jboy made the comment that is the exact reason there are coaches who want no part of him coming to this conference. Had Gus recruited the lines the way we had hoped to, do you really think Gus would be out of a job right now?

13 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio in those. Don’t be messing it up with the Reese’s trees and assorted shapes. Mini cups for the win.

I've been on this board for a while and this is THE most accurate post I have ever seen.  

25 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Side note, my source also said that Gouge and Greene both wanted to keep Gus, but the donors flat out told them they would not contribute another dime until Gus was gone. Basically ham-stringed the president and AD to get rid of Gus.

Definitely believe this and based on what we’ve heard from people connected to the program it makes total sense.

Lol if the main sign posts that point us to who our next HC will be is a following list on Twitter 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Mario followed Keiondre Jones

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Mario followed Nick Brahms

Just shows what a freak for big, juicy OLs he is. 

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Recent players. Players that don't have or never had the attitude instilled by coaches like Dye or Whitt

Yes should have clarified that. Deshaun Davis and Daniel Thomas were posting a lot in comments

Just now, caleb1633 said:

Lol if the main sign posts that point us to who our next HC will be is a following list on Twitter 

This is where we are at in society. Just waiting for the unfollow of Oregon players to confirm

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Noticed, I don’t know it’s his mom, or another relative of Tank, but she’s following Mario and only follows 51 people

And this is weird to me Bc I don’t follow any players, recruits, or coaches, but times like these cause for investigation. I’m glad I double checked Bc I had typed indigestion, which would have also been accurate 😂 

Just now, DAG said:

This is where we are at in society. Just waiting for the unfollow of Oregon players to confirm

Are any of the other candidates following Auburn players?

43 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

What about recruiting though? I really think we'd need to announce quickly. If we don't have a name out there on Wednesday, recruits are going to jump ship. If the coach is announced immediately, we may even sway a few people that we didn't expect our direction. 

I have addressed this multiple times in multiple threads now. We will lose some recruits regardless but not as many are jumping ship as people are thinking. Besides with the recruiter as great as Mario is he can get the ones he wants back by February or move on to other prospects he likes better.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Just shows what a freak for big, juicy OLs he is. 

I thought maybe Mario could’ve recruited Brahms... but Keiondre didn’t even have an Oregon offer. Could be nothing, but it’s interesting 

I wouldn’t read much into who he follows because I’m sure he recruited most of those guys coming out of high school. Unless there’s a way to see if he recently just followed them, but I don’t think there is. 

Just now, WarEagle2423 said:

I wouldn’t read much into who he follows because I’m sure he recruited most of those guys coming out of high school. Unless there’s a way to see if he recently just followed them, but I don’t think there is. 

Shhhh we need this!!!

Kiffin would be great in the Iron Bowl. Don't know if posted yet:

https://footballscoop.com/news/asked-about-the-auburn-opening-lane-kiffin-has-some-fun-quoting-nick-saban/

Asked about the opening at Auburn following Gus Malzahn’s dismissal, Lane Kiffin couldn’t help himself. He channeled his inner Nick Saban

“I want to say what I learned from my mentor,” Kiffin said.

“If you guys are going to keep asking this, I’m going to have to tell you: I will not be the head coach at Alabama. OK? So stop asking me.”

Archived