Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUFriction said:

Not sure what you are smoking, but it must be good stuff. 

You are right that all of this is based on rumors. But the same rumors are coming from a lot of different sources, and the players are tweeting stuff that seems to align with those rumors. 

It is theoretically possible that all this is a smoke screen. It is much much more likely that the people in power have messed this search up. 

Yeah, let's put out a smokescreen that alienates our players, former players, alumni, and fanbase all to hire Lane Kiffin who no one else is trying to hire and could have been interviewed from day 1 without any kind of smokescreen. Makes perfect sense if you're a methhead.

1 minute ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

They are interviewing but they already know who they want but just want to be sure.. its not Steele

I wish I could believe anything at this point . I believe this whole thing has been Busch league and an udder embarrassment for AU fans . The program will never go forward with this kind of behavior.

13 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Gouge needs to step in, kick out the money people (piss them off) and let A Greene do his job.  

Put Greene on a plane and tell him not to return without a coach - and give him a short list.

*chef’s kiss*

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Josh Vitale legitimately just said the stupidest thing I have ever read in my entire life 

Hold my beer:

Kevin Steele will be an awesome head coach at Auburn.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

no. we want someone with experience.

people are just spitballing now or now Twill is making a power play. lol

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Josh Vitale legitimately just said the stupidest thing I have ever read in my entire life 

Hey I coached a powder puff football game in high school . I’m damn near as qualified. Hire me 

16 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

I'm certainly not happy with the way this was handled. Wanted Malzahn out for 2 or 3 years now...maybe longer. JGT more times than not has great info. I just feel like literally no one can be so stupid to fire Malzahn with Bill Clark in mind. 

I think the consensus is that we’re past the plan. Whatever they wanted to do didn’t work out, and we’re now back pedaling. 

Trolling? Idiot? lol.. you believe Jboy? PM? and all the others who so far have not had one thing written that has proven true.. No where is ther proof of any of the crap yall keep talking.. just a bunch of conspiracy talk.. its crazy

Plz show us your proof since you know who the guy is, evidently.

7 minutes ago, AUGrad1996 said:

I have to disagree with the bolded.  I don't think they ever expected this kind of resistance to Steele, as evidenced by lack of any "Plan B".

I honestly think they still think it's the good ol days where they can do things behind closed doors, and it not get out until it's too late. They completely underestimated someone leaking info and it getting all over twitter and everything else. I have no problem believing they are that stupid.

3 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Trolling? Idiot? lol.. you believe Jboy? PM? and all the others who so far have not had one thing written that has proven true.. No where is ther proof of any of the crap yall keep talking.. just a bunch of conspiracy talk.. its crazy

People keep asking you for proof and you have not yet answered. You ignore it everytime. Put up or shut up.

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Someone mentioned Rich Rod here earlier 

And you’re bringing what proof to the table? Literally multiple sources are reporting the things floating around in this forum, but by all means, you’re the authority, right? You seem to shirk answering the questions I’ve asked that would require you to give evidence of your own credibility. Until you can at least provide some evidence like others are doing, you’ll be considered a troll. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Plz show us your proof since you know who the guy is, evidently.

Imagine joining 8 years ago and having 6 rep points. The poors sure are loud in this thread.

15 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Thanks for the update.  Sounds like a complete s*** show.  

A dumpster fire inside of a clown car. The only positive news is that the fumes may finally have overcome some of the clowns.

Archived