Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

How did some of these donors (idiots) get rich in the first place? They literally just wipe their back end with cash... light it on fire.. pour diesel fuel on it.. light it again.. rinse and repeat. 

$21 MILLION... MILLION... MILLION.. 21 MILLION DOLLARS.. somebody is forking out... to get rid of Malzahn. And had no concrete plan to go with. Every single person behind the scenes should have been in complete total agreement before doing this.

Nothing is changing here folks... they've been doing it for a long long time. Just enjoy the basketball program while we can... before they force Bruce Pearl to leave or something crazy. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That was such a good show.

Top 5 all time for me. 

It's like they had to throw in that dumb little murder side plot just to remind us how freaking perfect of a show it really was.

Also, Mrs. Coach Eric Tammy Taylor is the GOAT and I'm just glad that we all completely agree on that. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Top 5 all time for me. 

It's like they had to throw in that dumb little murder side plot just to remind us how freaking perfect of a show it really was.

Also, Mrs. Coach Eric Tammy Taylor is the GOAT and I'm just glad that we all completely agree on that. 

She’s bad! You should watch her in Nashville. 😍

1 hour ago, AUx said:

So here’s what Allen Greene is supposed to be doing now with each of the candidates who refused interview or said not to bother drafting an offer. “ What do I have to do to put you in this top football program? You may hate it now. But just wait til you drive it.”

5564BF1D-E0AC-4D2D-8864-4960FBDF859E.gif

Just too many parallels. It's like a documentary of everything that's going wrong.

It appears I have missed a lot in the last 24 hours in this thread.  A lot of dislikes and a lot of new posters posting.  

FF3A2D1E-5710-43ED-85C7-6394ED7E8D1A.gif

096BDAF2-00E8-46DC-BF6A-4AFF5FFF4278.gif

21 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

How did some of these donors (idiots) get rich in the first place? They literally just wipe their back end with cash... light it on fire.. pour diesel fuel on it.. light it again.. rinse and repeat. 

$21 MILLION... MILLION... MILLION.. 21 MILLION DOLLARS.. somebody is forking out... to get rid of Malzahn. And had no concrete plan to go with. Every single person behind the scenes should have been in complete total agreement before doing this.

Nothing is changing here folks... they've been doing it for a long long time. Just enjoy the basketball program while we can... before they force Bruce Pearl to leave or something crazy. 

Just wait until one of the basketball blue bloods come calling...by then his resurrection will be complete and could see him possibly leaving.

56 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Right before we interview the Hoover HS coach.

I would rather have Coach Mark Freeman from Thompson High.  He is a better recruiter.  

1 minute ago, wcware said:

I think it’s a good thing that the rumor mill has gone silent. 

FEE07C05-BA30-4C5F-9DEB-753A11467F38.jpeg

Trying to catch up this morning.  So, anything new?  Last I heard we had no prospects but the AD was actually going to do his job and take over the search.  Is that it?  New or old candidates re-emerged?

5 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

FEE07C05-BA30-4C5F-9DEB-753A11467F38.jpeg

Please newborn barely knows a word baby Jesus if you even kind of like Auburn give us this 

5 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Trying to catch up this morning.  So, anything new?  Last I heard we had no prospects but the AD was actually going to do his job and take over the search.  Is that it?  New or old candidates re-emerged?

I consider it positive that we still have an AD.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

You always need a fall guy. 😡

I hope that’s not the case. 

12 minutes ago, wcware said:

I think it’s a good thing that the rumor mill has gone silent. 

I actually agree with this IF Allen Greene has taken hold of the search and there will suddenly be a difference in the decision making. If that is the case I hope nothing leaks. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Sanders said:

only 2 BOT forked out the money.    They are the 2 richest men in Alabama so if you are worth 900 million and 1.5 Billion how much is 10 million?   

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I also pray we keep him. AG is such a blessing especially compared to his predecessor. JJ would have signed, sealed, delivered Steele by now.

Conversation in the back room:

"Well, the fans are revolting. How do we hire Steele now?

"They'll come around. All we have to do is screw up the search until there are no other viable options"

2 days later:

"How did you manage to get Clark to turn us down?"

Laughing. "Hahahahahahaha, that was good, waddn't? They gonna like Steele now" Grins. "Sidelines, here I come."

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Did Cristobol actually sign an extension?

Doesn’t matter if he did or didn’t. Only difference is his buyout is $8 mil if he didn’t and $9 mil if he did. We can beat their offer if we want to. 

9 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

only 2 BOT forked out the money.    They are the 2 richest men in Alabama so if you are worth 900 million and 1.5 Billion how much is 10 million?   

Most people don't become that rich by throwing away money like that. But I do understand that it isn't anything for them to do that.. 

But you can also look at it this way... 

If money is no object to them, and $21 million is nothing. Why not really unload the cash truck and hire the best? Let them run the show..

Oh wait... some people love the thought of having power more than anything else. 

Just now, tbone1430 said:

Doesn’t matter if he did or didn’t. Only difference is his buyout is $8 mil if he didn’t and $9 mil if he did. We can beat their offer if we want to. 

Yeah. Honestly it's the most pathetic extension I could have imagined. Hoping the buyout by 1 mill.

Archived