Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

2 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Yes should have clarified that. Deshaun Davis and Daniel Thomas were posting a lot in comments

Daniel Thomas is following cristobal too. We should add that 😂😂

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

JGT updated his odds...  
Mario Cristobal 55% ^ 
Billy Napier 20%  
Kevin Steele 20%  
Freeze 3% 
Sark 2% 

How much of a chance does Scott Loeffler have?...🤪

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

He just followed him... 

11 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

So, you admit it isn't a recruiting problem with QBs then. High school recruiting is all about potential. You bring in guys that have the skills to possibly be good QBs, and you coach them into those kinds of QBs. Gus had no problem getting people here with potential. It was what happened after they arrived that was a failure. 

Name a program that doesn't rhyme with SchmalaSchmama that goes more than 3 deep on ready to play running backs. Most programs have 1 or 2 really good ones that are ready to play. If you have that much depth, there's someone on your team that could be starting elsewhere, and someone is going to transfer out. 

So, I'll repeat. Aside from OL, it was NOT a recruiting problem. 

Wait, are you saying that we are recruiting and stocked at roughly the UGA level? Because I do not believe that we are. We rarely recruit to our needs,  we often take that odd 4 star that doesn't have many offers because they don't fit into a D1 offense/defense, and we struggle retaining the impact players that we do land. Sometimes I feel like take a four star player that doesn't help us just to boost rankings. Go to 247, look at SEC rosters, and order the players by rank. Even UT looks better than us right now, IMHO. I'm guessing we're right at the "bottom of the top" (around #7). We should definitely be playing better than we are, but our talent is, IMHO, behind the teams leading the league right now. 

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I thought maybe Mario could’ve recruited Brahms... but Keiondre didn’t even have an Oregon offer. Could be nothing, but it’s interesting 

I definitely think it's interesting.

36 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

My source said there were a lot of players who were going to transfer. Said a lot of our players were upset about firing Gus.

Maybe but there was also a lot that would’ve been upset had he stayed and we’re preparing to transfer had he stayed.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

He just followed him... 

🧐🧐. And to the comment earlier from somebody talking about looking to much into it. I hardly saw any of his follows that were  playing at another school, most of the people he followed were coaches and recruits who aren’t in school yet.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

That's funny considering his comment was "I will not claim the next auburn coach" or something along those lines. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Maybe but there was also a lot they would’ve been upset had he stayed and we’re preparing to transfer had he stayed.

Source? Everything I've seen says that the players aren't especially happy about him getting fired. 

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait Mario is following our players ?! I swear these Insiders are about as accurate as Stephen a smith 

How would Mario following our players on Twitter make the insiders inaccurate?

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

🧐🧐. And to the comment earlier from somebody talking about looking to much into it. I hardly saw any of his follows that were  playing at another school, most of the people he followed were coaches and recruits who aren’t in school yet.

I think we’ve cracked the code!!!!

17 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Bro no offense but you said Gus was getting fired after Ellitor had already broke the news lol. And players probably entering the portal is an easy guess if you look at social media 

None taken, friend. Just reporting back to you all what my source tells me.

9 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Funny as hell. A friend and I had this deep conversation last week. I can't eat 2 Reese's cups, but I can put away 3 bags of those miniatures. Damn perfect 😂😂

DUDE....I thought I was the only one!!! Same with the fun size Snickers. If I buy a Snickers bar, I eat half and just feel disgusted....but that tiny 1x1 square of Chocolate, Nugget, caramel and peanut just meets perfect for a flavor explosion.....and yes I can eat the whole bag in one sitting. So strange

Archived