Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Inside source on rivals says ADAG is getting railroaded at every turn in this search so far by a faction of boosters led by the usual cast of characters. Its time to go to work boys. Our AD and president need our support!!! They are the only reason that steele is not our head coach right now. But the big money big wigs are making it really tough on greene and gogue to try and hire a actual good coach. They are making crazy stipulations like they won't help with the buy out of steele and the defensive staff. It's getting ugly. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

folks on tates forum saying auburn has interviewed freeze its on the TOS section

I would imagine its a conversation, not an interview. More like.... "if you were interested in interviewing would you?" JMO

RIR updated.. Freeze isn't going to the SEC 

18 minutes ago, mdp5150 said:

So they hire a young black man but two of them is just too much? 
come on.. it’s been a non issue and neither would a winning head coach no matter the color 

they only approved... Leath was the one that hired AG. Leath isn't here any longer.

Tony elliott would be a heck of hire in my opinion. 

I think we as the Auburn fans should start a 501 c 3 called the Auburn Collective that raises money to have influence and an contributes money for coaching and making sure the betterment of the athletes and the best interests of the football club are in the forefront. All information of coaching and the program would be shared with the shareholders/contributors.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Inside source on rivals says ADAG is getting railroaded at every turn in this search so far by a faction of boosters led by the usual cast of characters. Its time to go to work boys. Our AD and president need our support!!! They are the only reason that steele is not our head coach right now. But the big money big wigs are making it really tough on greene and gogue to try and hire a actual good coach. They are making crazy stipulations like they won't help with the buy out of steele and the defensive staff. It's getting ugly. 

No doubt the buyouts for KS and staff are being used as leverage or an excuse.

I would think after all that's come out, there's enough "For Cause" to fire some of them. 

37 minutes ago, keesler said:

The man's sitting on the 1st $10million buyout money today and doesn't have a worry in the world.  Why jump back in the frying pan?

If you were Gus and they offered you the job back, would you take it?

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And they say they are supporting AU. They are ruining it 

If we get Freeze it all works out in the end like bammer getting Saban. Not getting my hopes up though...  but he’s a great fit. 

If we took a chance on C Bruce Pearl why is it so frowned upon about Kiffin, Sarkisian or Freeze. Basketball,  baseball,  football... it's all Auburn.  Get off the high horse and hire someone with something to prove. 

Edit: just read the post about Freeze. Sark of Kiffin puuulllleeezzzeeee!!!!

4 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

If we get Freeze it all works out in the end like bammer getting Saban. Not getting my hopes up though...  but he’s a great fit. 

Not eligible for an SEC job.

15 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Clemson is a bad comparison. Their coach retired, and Dabo, largely a nobody at the time, was promoted internally to head coach. If we want to be like Clemson, the move would be to promote Steele, not open up the checkbook for a big name. 
Clemson lucked into their current position by making a move that at the time probably looked pretty weak.

Hmmmm.  Somewhat - I was trying to make the point that they went "all in" once they made their decision.  Their admin don't have a culture of meddling like we have since we renamed the school in '59.     I see your point - trying to make the parallel and promote within...

6 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

Well then why the smoke? 

Wishful thinking

Freeze is not Pearl

Freeze burned the house down and was only out of a job for a few months

Pearl had 1 infraction and was made example of and spent years owning his mistake

24 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

I think we as the Auburn fans should start a 501 c 3 called the Auburn Collective that raises money to have influence and an contributes money for coaching and making sure the betterment of the athletes and the best interests of the football club are in the forefront. All information of coaching and the program would be shared with the shareholders/contributors.

Isn't that the exact purpose of Tigers Unlimited?

WDE!

27 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Not eligible for an SEC job.

I have never officially seen he’s not eligible. Having baggage and being frowned upon as a hire is a big difference from not eligible. 

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

I have never officially seen he’s not eligible. Having baggage and being frowned upon as a hire is a big difference from not eligible. 

From what RIR said, he's not eligible to return to the SEC.

Archived