Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 hour ago, keesler said:

The man's sitting on the 1st $10million buyout money today and doesn't have a worry in the world.  Why jump back in the frying pan?

Good God could you imagine opening your checking account to see that. 

Him and Kristi gonna have a helluva Christmas 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

If freeze is out , why did Auburn contact him? Wouldn’t the SEC have said he can’t come if we are doing our due diligence 

Marcello does not have Auburn's best interest at heart, in fact I believe the opposite.  Believe him if you like, I don't.

WDE!

JMHO. SEC can not prevent AU hiring Freeze. Right to work state. They could make us miserable. 

8 minutes ago, Crouching Tiger said:

"... the formation of a search committee Dec. 15 changed the course of Auburn's process. An eight-person committee, led by athletics director Allen Greene, was formed by university president Jay Gogue."

That's leadership.

Just now, MadtownTiger said:

Marcello does not have Auburn's best interest at heart, in fact I believe the opposite.  Believe him if you like, I don't.

WDE!

Don’t care about Marcelo or your opinion , was just asking why the heck did we initially reach out if it was already said he can’t comeback. Huge waste of time 

Just now, WarTim said:

JMHO. SEC can not prevent AU hiring Freeze. Right to work state. They could make us miserable. 

That is basically what is said would happen to any school that hired freeze. The ncaa would sweep through the program with a fine tooth comb 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don’t care about Marcelo or your opinion , was just asking why the heck did we initially reach out if it was already said he can’t comeback. Huge waste of time 

Well, glad we got that out there...

WDE!

54 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

If it came down to it in a worst case I’d hire Travis Williams not Steele. Think he’s the best coach on our defense. Dabo was just a WR coach at Clemson and he worked out. Travis Williams has a lot of potential. Great recruiter, players coach, big motivator. Of course loves Auburn too. 

People from P'cola (Pace) must think alike because I made this point about a month ago.  

I could get behind this for many reasons and  because he knows how people on staff really feel about each other.  I get the feeling he could gnaw off his own arm to get a win.

Give me a T Will experiment before you give me a Steel experiment 

8 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I have never officially seen he’s not eligible. Having baggage and being frowned upon as a hire is a big difference from not eligible. 

There are also plenty of articles that say SC vetted Freeze with the SEC and Sanky wouldn't block it.  Sanky wanted Freeze to go away for a bit, which he did.

19 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Freeze is not Pearl

Freeze burned the house down and was only out of a job for a few months

Pearl had 1 infraction and was made example of and spent years owning his mistake

Pearl made more than one mistake, and it went deeper than you suggest. But your point is correct. Freeze’s program broke numerous very serious recruiting violations. Pearl broke one very minor recruiting violation, but tried to conceal that he did it. He wasnt in trouble for cheating but more for lying.

Freeze also has that other baggage, the sex scandal, that pearl doesn’t have.

6 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

"... the formation of a search committee Dec. 15 changed the course of Auburn's process. An eight-person committee, led by athletics director Allen Greene, was formed by university president Jay Gogue."

That's leadership.

For the love of God and all things holy. Please make Freeze happen. Give him all the assistants he wants plus a partridge in a pear tree, we are headed on a downward spiral if we keep up this control freak BS. 

10 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

WDE!

100% 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There are also plenty of articles that say SC vetted Freeze with the SEC and Sanky wouldn't block it.  Sanky wanted Freeze to go away for a bit, which he did.

Yes I agree. Also, Sankey may not like the idea of him coming back, but that’s a long way from not being eligible. You’d literally be saying he’s banned from the league and like I said, I’ve never officially seen that. 

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Yes I agree. Also, Sankey may not like the idea of him coming back, but that’s a long way from not being eligible. You’d literally be saying he’s banned from the league and like I said, I’ve never officially seen that. 

There is some added oversight I believe.  Not sure how much that would effect us keeping up to speed on the recruiting trail.  

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I’m fine with Freeze and well, we ain’t really got anyone else. Do not care about his personal life or his NCAA violations. Just don’t get caught and get Auburn wrapped up into it. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

If true its crazy that Auburn is willing to bring Freeze in and all the overwatch that comes with it but will not reach back out to Mario or Napier and give them what they want.

12 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

For the love of God and all things holy. Please make Freeze happen. Give him all the assistants he wants plus a partridge in a pear tree, we are headed on a downward spiral if we keep up this control freak BS. 

Which, IMO, is exactly why it can't be Freeze. The short leash that he will be forced to be on will give the PTB/BOT leverage to meddle and interfere. We need wholesale change from top to bottom. Hands off. No matter what happens, we are going to have to stay after these people to keep them from mucking it up even further. 

6 minutes ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

If true its crazy that Auburn is willing to bring Freeze in and all the overwatch that comes with it but will not reach back out to Mario or Napier and give them what they want.

I totally agree. I’ve been a Mario fan from the jump. No one will be able to convince me that they aren’t trying to handcuff these guys to Steele. 

24 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

From what RIR said, he's not eligible to return to the SEC.

They call it a “show cause” order.  Bruce Pearl had one when Auburn hired him.  You have to make a case to the SEC Commish to get approval of the hire of someone under a show cause.  AU got approval to hire Pearl.  UAT tried to hire Freeze as an analyst a couple of years ago and were denied.  Another school tried and failed to get approval too, I can’t remember if it was Arkansas, Tennessee or South Carolina with their last hires.  So while he’s currently not eligible, after a few years usually they will relax it and allow the hires as long as the coach has remained clean during that time.

8 minutes ago, dilligas said:

They call it a “show cause” order.  Bruce Pearl had one when Auburn hired him.  You have to make a case to the SEC Commish to get approval of the hire of someone under a show cause.  AU got approval to hire Pearl.  UAT tried to hire Freeze as an analyst a couple of years ago and were denied.  Another school tried and failed to get approval too, I can’t remember if it was Arkansas, Tennessee or South Carolina with their last hires.  So while he’s currently not eligible, after a few years usually they will relax it and allow the hires as long as the coach has remained clean during that time.

7 minutes ago, dilligas said:

They call it a “show cause” order.  Bruce Pearl had one when Auburn hired him.  You have to make a case to the SEC Commish to get approval of the hire of someone under a show cause.  AU got approval to hire Pearl.  UAT tried to hire Freeze as an analyst a couple of years ago and were denied.  Another school tried and failed to get approval too, I can’t remember if it was Arkansas, Tennessee or South Carolina with their last hires.  So while he’s currently not eligible, after a few years usually they will relax it and allow the hire as long as the coach has remained clean during that time.

7 minutes ago, dilligas said:

They call it a “show cause” order.  Bruce Pearl had one when Auburn hired him.  You have to make a case to the SEC Commish to get approval of the hire of someone under a show cause.  AU got approval to hire Pearl.  UAT tried to hire Freeze as an analyst a couple of years ago and were denied.  Another school tried and failed to get approval too, I can’t remember if it was Arkansas, Tennessee or South Carolina with their last hires.  So while he’s currently not eligible, after a few years usually they will relax it and allow the hire as long as the coach has remained clean during that time.

6 minutes ago, dilligas said:

You can say that again

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You can say that again

It never refreshed my page so I kept hitting send.  I deleted all but the first but either after you captured it or only disappeared from my view.

17 minutes ago, dilligas said:

It was a one-year show cause issued in 2017

Just now, bigbird said:

It was a one-year show cause issued in 2017

Ok then he should be eligible now so I don’t know why it was brought up.

Archived