Jump to content
Null

Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)


Zeek

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Well I don’t see much delusion. In reading I think most fans on here realize that we are a sh** show and need changes within the entire football structure and hiring process. 

Right you see it after all of this

Link to comment
Share on other sites





8 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

With the exception of maybe 8-12 guys, we were in a position to hire any coach in the country, and we hired Bryan Harsin. utk hired a mid-level coach that spiraled their program to the depths of the SEC to this day. I worry we just made a similar hire. I swore I was going to support anybody but Steele, but I’m struggling. We’re supposed to be one of the top football programs in the country. Is this a monetary move after the Gus contract fiasco?
 

We needed an HC with a huge recruiting track record (Mario). We needed a coach that knew the SE and proved he could win (Napier/Elliott), but instead we hired...who?  Oh yeah, 4 & 5 star guys will be begging for an AU offer. 

Are you sold on Cristobal being able to recruit outside Nike University? I think he would find the road a little less paved on the recruiting trail without Phil backing him up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, difball said:

Are you sold on Cristobal being able to recruit outside Nike University? I think he would find the road a little less paved on the recruiting trail without Phil backing him up.

Oregon was horrible for an elite program at recruiting before Mario. He’s won/finished runner up recruiter of the year multiple times...in the Southeast 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep now I see delusion. No doubt about it. These people that won’t even give this guy a chance are crazy. He’s the most proven coach we have ever hired.

Totally agree and has a better or same resume but it was NOT a name on the list they were given

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Oregon was horrible for an elite program at recruiting before Mario. He’s won/finished runner up recruiter of the year multiple times...in the Southeast 

Thank you...I’m out of likes. Did one of our jock sniffing power brokers really screw-up the agreement that was made “in principle” with Cristobal or did he back out and re-up with Oregon on his own?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

Thank you...I’m out of likes. Did one of our jock sniffing power brokers really screw-up the agreement that was made “in principle” with Cristobal or did he back out and re-up with Oregon on his own?

My source said he backed out and screwed us at the last minute and we didn’t have anyone else after that. Said we had Cristobal locked in until the last minute. I’m thinking it was when Oregon backfired into the championship game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

My source said he backed out and screwed us at the last minute and we didn’t have anyone else after that. Said we had Cristobal locked in until the last minute. I’m thinking it was when Oregon backfired into the championship game. 

Bought time for Oregon and for Cristobal to think. They had a successful signing day etc. And of course the uneasiness of the power struggle most likely.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is exactly the type of coach we needed. A young dude. A motivator. A guy with a history of winning. He has beaten very big programs including Oregon while they had MC. He has beaten Washington, Washington State and Virginia multiple times. 

He did this with mostly 3 star kids. The key is his staff. He needs to fill it with dudes that are aggressive in recruiting. Get a good amount of 4 and a few 5 star kids and obviously have his staff coach them up even higher. It will be exciting to see the staff get filled out.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am pumped up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2020 at 5:22 PM, Browning4AU said:

My prediction is we have a coach announced before this thread hits 400 pages and it's no one that's been seriously listed yet. 

Harsin was "mentioned" but not seriously mentioned. It's not often I'm right (ask my wife). Let me have this one, guys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I go back to the year 2009 On

AE. I’ve lurked for a lot of this time, even missed out on about two full seasons of games and this thread has been fun!
The last couple of years have been hard to visit the board much,the team wasn’t progressing, people were fighting, it wasn’t fun.

I think we have a guy who can win, great talent evaluator and great QB developer. I’m optimistic about the future of our football team, and the board is more untied than it’s been in a while. I look forward to next year!

WE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...