Dear Coach Flo (merged threads)

Mikey

First, congratulations on the nice win over South Alabama tonight. The team looks improved over last year,, which is something I did not expect.

Now, let me share something with you: For years now, I have watched, game after game when AU has a moderate lead late, we foul more than the opponent does. In the last minute, we foul and foul. They are trying to foul to stop the game, and we are helping them! Helping them score from the foul line with the clock stopped!

Here's just one small tip: When we are leading by around five points with 30 seconds left, WE DO NOT WANT TO COMMIT FOULS! We want the clock to run, therefore we should let the other guys commit the fouls.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s honestly time for her to move on. Auburn has descended from a championship competitor and national powerhouse to the worst team in the conference. She’s been here for I believe 8 or 9 years and we’ve just gotten worse. Time to step up or step out!

8 hours ago, blakem said:

It’s honestly time for her to move on. Auburn has descended from a championship competitor and national powerhouse to the worst team in the conference. She’s been here for I believe 8 or 9 years and we’ve just gotten worse. Time to step up or step out!

We pulled the trigger on Gus this would be a good year to finish cleaning the house.

I watched most of the 1st half of the South Alabama game and got so frustrated with the poor shooting that I had to leave the broadcast.  Surprised we ended up winning the game.  All things considered, I don't feel we are getting anywhere near our money's worth with this coaching staff.  Agree with others posted above.

17 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

I watched most of the 1st half of the South Alabama game and got so frustrated with the poor shooting that I had to leave the broadcast.  Surprised we ended up winning the game.  All things considered, I don't feel we are getting anywhere near our money's worth with this coaching staff.  Agree with others posted above.

You should have hung around just a little longer. Led by Annie Hughes, Auburn hit 5 three-pointers in a row and had narrowed the gap by halftime. That notwithstanding, we are way overdue for a coaching change in Women's Basketball.

Glad we could all agree. The level at which we recruit and are playing basketball right now is just completely unacceptable and should be changed as soon as the season is over.

13 hours ago, blakem said:

I’m also curious to see, who would y’all suggest come to Auburn if Flo got canned?

I'll leave that up to those who get paid to know such things. All I know is we need a change!

With all the 'diversity' rhetoric in today's world, don't expect to see a change with her position....this is Auburn's way to say we're diverse....

7 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

With all the 'diversity' rhetoric in today's world, don't expect to see a change with her position....this is Auburn's way to say we're diverse....

I figured that was why she was still there. As soon as we would fire her she’d pull the race card.

Loss to Belmont (4 - 2) today.  Article from AO News

Auburn’s got its wake-up call.

Belmont outraced the Auburn women’s basketball team 78-57 on Sunday in the Tigers’ last non-conference game of the season. Belmont out-legged Auburn early on the way to a 26-14 lead by the end of the first quarter, and Auburn could never catch up.

Auburn takes the stinging loss into the holiday break before the team’s SEC opener with LSU on Dec. 31.

Next time they play, the Tigers will be in league play, ready or not.

Auburn closes this year’s non-conference run 5-3 after Sunday’s game, going up and down with a new-look team after an offseason of reshuffling.

Sunday’s game also marked Auburn’s fourth in seven days, and Auburn’s tired legs could’ve helped Belmont keep ahead. Belmont threw Auburn’s offense out of sorts with pressure defense, and hit five of its first nine 3-pointers on the way to building that big lead.

Unique Thompson finished with 20 points and 23 rebounds. She recorded her 49th career double-double.

During the course of the game, she hauled in her 1,000th career rebound, making her only the fifth Auburn player all-time to hit that mark in a career.

20 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Loss to Belmont (4 - 2) today.  Article from AO News

And there's the rub: With AU's resources and status, we should be able to beat the Belmonts of the world with our 1st teamers resting most of the game. Instead we lost by 31 points. I guess the Athletic dept at AU is hoping nobody notices and nobody cares. I do care

We fire Gus from coaching the football team where he had a higher winning percentage than the all time winning percentage but, let Flo run this once perennial powerhouse into the ground.

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

And there's the rub: With AU's resources and status, we should be able to beat the Belmonts of the world with our 1st teamers resting most of the game. Instead we lost by 31 points. I guess the Athletic dept at AU is hoping nobody notices and nobody cares. I do care

By my math  we we only lost by 21 points so things are not nearly as bad as you thought.😁

Just like with the football coaching search, the Auburn people and athletics department need to raise our expectation. Our brand is worth more than we give it credit for. 

Bruce Pearl has taught us that we are capable of reaching the greatest of heights no matter how that particular sport has performed in the most recent past. Coach Ciampi took this program to great heights, and we have the potential to get there again. All is takes is the wisdom to hire the right coach that can turn a program around. Coach Flo’s time is up.

10 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Her time was up several years ago. One of Greens stupidest decisions was keeping her. Our Women’s team is the pits 

You totally nailed it. The time to fire her was 2 years ago when instead she got an extension.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:27 PM, Tigger1985 said:

Her time was up several years ago. One of Greens stupidest decisions was keeping her. Our Women’s team is the pits 

This was a Steven Leath decision (the extension).  Not a good year for Green to pay her to go away.  He took care of the Gus conundrum, this will come after Covid.

Looked up the LSU score and LSU up eleven with 3 minutes to play. Also noticed that Thompson has not played in the game. Hopefully she is not hurt. 

AU was up by 8 at half but ended up with loss by 13 points.  Did not see any mention regarding absence of Thompson.  LSU really shut down our scoring in second half and turned us over and had a lot of fast break points.  Some of the AU freshman players did fairly well in scoring.  

2 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

AU was up by 8 at half but ended up with loss by 13 points.  Did not see any mention regarding absence of Thompson.  LSU really shut down our scoring in second half and turned us over and had a lot of fast break points.  Some of the AU freshman players did fairly well in scoring.  

But isn't this a not so good LSU team? 

Without Thompson, we will not win a game. Will be interesting to know why she didn't play. She has been there only warrior for 4 years....

Archived