Dear Coach Flo (merged threads)

Mikey

6th , 12th, and last.  Thinking I see a trend here.

Good news is, can't sink any lower unless you go all UT and stink and still get into NCAA trouble.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to let this mistake go at the end of the season. I don't think anyone cares anyway.

Lots of clamoring on 24/7 for her to be fired. First time I've seen that there. I didn't think anyone cares about WBB enough, but I suppose its gotten so embarrassing that people have begun to care

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

Have to let this mistake go at the end of the season. I don't think anyone cares anyway.

Lots of clamoring on 24/7 for her to be fired. First time I've seen that there. I didn't think anyone cares about WBB enough, but I suppose its gotten so embarrassing that people have begun to care

No way she can be here next year. What would be AG’s case for keeping her? We are AWFUL. Probably the worst team in the SEC. 

3 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

No way she can be here next year. What would be AG’s case for keeping her? We are AWFUL. Probably the worst team in the SEC. 

We are currently 0-6 in SEC play. We might be tied for the worst. I'm not sure if any other team is winless or not. Maybe Vandy, who had to cancel their season but that hardly counts.

We’re probably gonna be winless in SEC play if you look at the rest of the schedule. I think every team is ranked from here on out.

She is horrible and has decided to just ride this out and collect the money.  I don't blame anyone for getting what their contract says they are due, but if she was trying to win, she would have made changes long ago.

I am hoping behind the scenes they have already decided this is her last year and they are working on a list of coaches they want to interview. 

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am hoping behind the scenes they have already decided this is her last year and they are working on a list of coaches they want to interview. 

Thanks for the positivity.  I really hope that is the case.  My faith in that having taken place is just not that strong.

War Eagle!

On 1/24/2021 at 6:47 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

The sad part is we don't have to be.  We have talent on this team, we just don't have a coach that teaches anything on the offensive end of the floor.  She shouldn't have been here as long as she has.  It's way past time for us to move on and find somebody that can teach those girls something and develop them into better players.   Flo has never done that with anybody in the program.

19 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Keep in mind.... she gets paid over $800,000 a year for this.

Auburn Athletics is a toy and candy store.

Another loss by the Ladies BB team. 9th in a row with SC coming to town later this week.

I wish AG would pull the plug on this dumpster fire now.

11 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I wish AG would pull the plug on this dumpster fire now.

Not sure Gogue would allow it til after the season is over.

Interesting to go back and read the June5, 2018 topic "Coach Flo Extended to 22-23 Season.  Many posters expressed their doubts at that time.  No denying, this has been a very poor return on investment.  Seems the honorable thing to do would be to admit you have not been able to achieve what is expected and announce you are resigning as of season end.

1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

Interesting to go back and read the June5, 2018 topic "Coach Flo Extended to 22-23 Season.  Many posters expressed their doubts at that time.  No denying, this has been a very poor return on investment.  Seems the honorable thing to do would be to admit you have not been able to achieve what is expected and announce you are resigning as of season end.

I remember that time when she was extended. Greene had not been here long, and evidently based on his comments, he extended her contract bc she had sold him on the fact that she had not been given enough 'resources' to help her compete at a high level. I remember Greene specifically saying she would be given all the resources she would need to be successful.

I know we are just fans, and see it not from the depths an AD or other basketball insiders see what goes on day to day with the women's BB program.

But, most of us felt that her style of play simple didn't translate to developing a top level SEC program, much less competing on a national level. Her offensive scheme simply is not good enough. And her recruiting for most of her years here was average.

That last contract was not a wise investment, and I'm sure Greene knows it now.....

Yesterday, lost to a very good, highly ranked South Carolina team.  Did not see game just glanced at some stats.  We were down by 10 at 3 minutes into the game and by 20 at end of Q1.  A 29 point deficit by half and SC coasted to a 19 point margin of victory, 58-77.  Our conference record stands at 0 - 9.  Seven more games to go in conference.  

One of Coach Flo's problems has been solved. We don't have to worry about her team fouling at the end of the game when AU has the lead because we don't have a lead late in the game.  :thumbsdown:

Something must be done!

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

One of Coach Flo's problems has been solved. We don't have to worry about her team fouling at the end of the game when AU has the lead because we don't have a lead late in the game.  :thumbsdown:

Something must be done!

While we are looking on the bright side be aware that some players who do not usually get playing time get valuable minutes during the last few minutes of the game since the outcome has been well decided.  😬

1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

While we are looking on the bright side be aware that some players who do not usually get playing time get valuable minutes during the last few minutes of the game since the outcome has been well decided.  😬

Well that's great news!

Sounds like they could have gotten most of this game in then.

Sound planning Coach Flo!

/sarc

5 hours ago, AURandy1345162767 said:

Is Joe Ciampi doing anything these days?

Having to teach this team to play organized basketball would be a monumental task.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:09 PM, WarTiger said:

The sad part is we don't have to be.  We have talent on this team, we just don't have a coach that teaches anything on the offensive end of the floor.  She shouldn't have been here as long as she has.  It's way past time for us to move on and find somebody that can teach those girls something and develop them into better players.   Flo has never done that with anybody in the program.

Exactly.  When is the last time you saw the team run any kind of offense, other than slap ball transition... take any shot you have and try to slap the ball again?

Archived