2022 3* DB Jarrell Stinson De-Commits From AU!

toddc

Auburn commitment enjoys on-campus look at the Tigers

ByJASON CALDWELL 97 minutes ago

AUBURN, Alabama—A commitment to Auburn since December, 2022 defensive back Jarell Stinson finally made a long-awaited visit to check out the Tigers for the first time since making his decision when he made the short drive to the campus on Monday. Spending time with the coaching staff and getting a feel for the facilities, Stinson said the trip went very well.

“Wow,” Stinson said. “It was good. They showed me things I haven’t seen. Growing up here I have seen most of it. It was a chance to see the new facility and all that. It was great to see the new stuff.”

Committed to Coach Bryan Harsin and the new staff throughout the spring, Stinson was finally able to sit down in front of Derek Mason and company on Tuesday. That was a big deal for him.

“It’s good,” Stinson said. “I think I needed to put some names with some faces. It was just good meeting them. I liked some of the connections I had with the coaches.

“It was very important,” he added. “I felt like me and Coach (Zac) Etheridge hit it off good. Today was pretty important for me.”

Planning to visit Florida and UCF the next two weekends, Stinson said he’s looking forward to seeing what both of those programs have to offer when he gets on campus.

“They are producing some pretty good db’s,” Stinson said. “Not pretty good but some of the best db’s every year. That sticks out to me.”

Planning to take his official to Auburn on the last weekend of June, Stinson said he’s looking forward to getting back on campus and beginning to get a full grasp of his recruiting process heading into his senior year at Opelika.

“I’ll probably know when it’s done, probably during the season.”

Stinson recently won the 100 meters and 200 meters at the 6A state track meet.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 5:21 PM, Paladin said:

Planning to take his official to Auburn on the last weekend of June, Stinson said he’s looking forward to getting back on campus and beginning to get a full grasp of his recruiting process heading into his senior year at Opelika.

“I’ll probably know when it’s done, probably during the season.”

So, "Don't cancel my commitment, but don't count on me showing up at AU either." I'm certain we have other fish to fry, so let's be looking at those other guys. Maybe one of them will be happy to come to AU.

PS: I don't fault the kid for wanting to get away from home to go to college, a lot of us did that very thing. I do think he shouldn't have committed, it seems like he is using AU as his fallback in case something else doesn't open up.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 6/6/2021 at 1:17 PM, Paladin said:

Gonna be a struggle to hold on to him. Damn

I wonder how much effort we'll put into that, especially a guy the last staff offered. He actually committed after Gus was fired and before Harsin was announced, if I read the TL correctly. Also of note- JBoy said in February that he didn't think Stinson would stick. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Love 1

• toddc changed the title to 2022 3* DB Jarrell Stinson De-Commits From AU!
6 minutes ago, toddc said:

I would have told him that a few months ago.

I have dealt with a too few many like this kid, and he is not worth the energy.

• Like 3

Ehhh.  Been a lot of smoke about this.  I’m sure if Auburn’s DBs show out this year like they’re capable more will come.  

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

I would have told him that a few months ago.

I have dealt with a too few many like this kid, and he is not worth the energy.

Dealt with what? What did he do?

18 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Dealt with what? What did he do?

You have obviously never recruited for a college.  Kids get enamored all the time with each and every college that they visit. And there are Profs, like me, that depend upon recruiting to establish and build a studio, just like a coach must establish and build a team. Geeze, I do it more now that I told the Academic world to F off and started my own business. When you are doing this, you have to make projections for how it will look and what you can do with what you have, just like a coach needs to for his team.

If a kid is jerking you around when spots are precious, do you continue to have the rug pulled from under your feet.

Cut bait and move on.  Find better with out the headache.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

You have obviously never recruited for a college.  Kids get enamored all the time with each and every college that they visit. And there are Profs, like me, that depend upon recruiting to establish and build a studio, just like a coach must establish and build a team. Geeze, I do it more now that I told the Academic world to F off and started my own business. When you are doing this, you have to make projections for how it will look and what you can do with what you have, just like a coach needs to for his team.

If a kid is jerking you around when spots are precious, do you continue to have the rug pulled from under your feet.

Cut bait and move on.  Find better with out the headache.

Yeah, I don’t think it was a surprise to anyone who’s been paying attention to this kids recruitment, especially CBH.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

Things really not looking good when the 475th player in the country, the 38th rated player at his position, decommits from the last place team in the SEC and 75th rated team in the country, recruiting wise. Come on, AU!

CBH has some monumental work to do, in a hurry. You can’t build your own brand without players. 

Edited by auburndkel
  • Facepalm 3

1 minute ago, auburndkel said:

Things really not looking good when the 475th player in the country, the 38th rated player at his position, decommits from the last place team in the SEC and 75th rated team in the country, recruiting wise. Come on, AU!

CBH has some monumental work to do, in a hurry. You can’t build your own brand without players. 

I don't think this kid really had a choice in the decommitting.  None at all.

Boy, the sky is falling, it seems

12 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

kid lost his offer, school can't talk about it, but the kid controls the message.

• Like 1

I think the young man is underrated. You can't coach speed that said he doesn't fit the type DB that Auburn is looking for to fit its system. In this defense we are looking for longer DB's who can high point with taller receivers. I think this young man is talented and will do well in a different system.  I think this is a mutual parting of ways. For those saying he was playing games he was originally signed by another staff, he was getting more love from other teams. I don't think he played us I just think both sides realized it was not a great fit.  The same people who get upset when a player de-commits from Auburn praise a player when he de-commits from another team and commits to Auburn.

I would prefer players waited longer to be sure before committing but they are young and sometime commit to soon. I wish him well and I hope we find a player that fits our system better.

I looked out my Window just now and the sky is still there.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

On 6/8/2021 at 9:55 AM, McLoofus said:

I wonder how much effort we'll put into that, especially a guy the last staff offered. He actually committed after Gus was fired and before Harsin was announced, if I read the TL correctly. Also of note- JBoy said in February that he didn't think Stinson would stick. 

@Barnacle, appreciate the reminder that I posted this. Not an I told you so thing, but a JBoy told us so thing. Not that I see many melting over it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@Barnacle, appreciate the reminder that I posted this. Not an I told you so thing, but a JBoy told us so thing. Not that I see many melting over it.

Yeah I saw the headline this morning, and didn't know how much it hurt. Was glad to read your post, and that this was almost expected.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Who?

Exactly!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That is one great song. But, as far as @McLoofus claiming credit for something I go with:

Mainly, I like Roger Daltrey doing the singing while Pete tears up the guitar

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

That is one great song. But, as far as @McLoofus claiming credit for something I go with:

We'll have to agree to disagree on which song is best but The Who is in my top 3 bands think I've seen them over 8 to 10 time in concert 

• Love 1

21 hours ago, 1716AU said:

I don't think this kid really had a choice in the decommitting.  None at all.

Boy, the sky is falling, it seems

I’m not concerned about this kid decommitimg, or any one off kid in particular per se. But for y’all to post face palm reactions when we are 14 out of 14 in the SEC and 75th in the country in recruiting, heck yeah I’m worried. Last place in the SEC with what, 5 pledged recruits and no palpable interest from true SEC caliber dudes? Nobody on the O-line. Have we ever been in this position?  What am I missing that doesn’t have y’all concerned?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, fredst said:

image.png

1 hour ago, auburndkel said:

I’m not concerned about this kid decommitimg, or any one off kid in particular per se. But for y’all to post face palm reactions when we are 14 out of 14 in the SEC and 75th in the country in recruiting, heck yeah I’m worried. Last place in the SEC with what, 5 pledged recruits and no palpable interest from true SEC caliber dudes? Nobody on the O-line. Have we ever been in this position?  What am I missing that doesn’t have y’all concerned?

Sorry my facepalms bother you. I just find it sad that you lose all faith when it's too early.  Too many of these kids have said they are watching to see how this goes. Geeze, these kids don't know squat about what this man has done before coming here because id it goes past the South, you are not concerned enough to learn.  That's ok.  They're kids.  

And my favorite bulls**t is reading that Harsin is too "Business minded."  I was teaching at uat when he who shall not be named came in.  That little man is ALL business.  I dealt with that putz on three occasions and he has the personality of a banana peel and ONLY deals with his business. It is football or nothing.  And he cannot stand me because I wouldn't move out of his way. He definitely has a Napolean complex.

And what is most amazing to me is the MANY times that the "Insiders" and the "experts" have told us all that this year was going to be tough because of when this staff was finally put together.  And for the first time since Tuberville, we have a damn good coaching staff.  DAMN good.

It's times like this when I realize why Auburn and it's fandom is such a wreck. Have a modicum of faith and patience.

And one other thing:  Whether or not you think Boise St is "Big Boy" football, what they have done the past decade is pretty impressive. And Harsin is a Huge part of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1