Cristobal speaks

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, soblfly said:

I think we are being or have been played..

jumping-out-of-window.gif

Umm, quite the opposite - he clearly side steps the question. If he wasn’t coming, he would have said “I’m going to be the head coach at Oregon next year” or “I’m not interested in the job”. The only thing he says is that he hasn’t been contacted. The dude is coming to Auburn. 

This is like Saban saying that he’s not leaving the Dolphins to coach at Alabama.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I don't know what everyone's upset about. I thought his answer was as good as you could expect right now.

This . He answered in a professionally reserved way. He is a class guy and handled it well . I have no issue nor do I feel like au is any closer or farther away from getting Mario to AU

IMO, as long as Oregon has games to play, he will continue to sidestep. And as long as he is in negotiations with the Oregon administration, he will continue to sidestep. That doesn't mean AU is a "NO" for him, just that he's still got games to play and his own current job to balance out.

Personally, I see no reason Cristobal would want to leaver Oregon, unless it's all about money. But I don't think he's all about money. The Oregon job is a much more attractive situation for him.

JMO.

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Well it looks like we can mark him off Auburn's wish list.

"I'm not going to be the Head Coach at Alabama." - Nick Saban

"They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box." - Tommy Tuberville

Dude, if you believe anything these guys say when it comes to job prospects, then you're a full on sucker.

Hmmmm...  No longer confident in Mario moving to Auburn.  Probably comes down to his level of desire to play in the big leagues right now.  

How many of those are giving us 'Mario to Auburn' intel were telling us just last week that Gus would be our coach for 2021? 

Can we really trust our intel?  

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Hmmmm...  No longer confident in Mario moving to Auburn.  Probably comes down to his level of desire to play in the big leagues right now.  

How many of those are giving us 'Mario to Auburn' intel were telling us just last week that Gus would be our coach for 2021? 

Can we really trust our intel?  

Not gonna lie @The Jboy Show has been money for a while. He still thinks Mario is in the lead but it’s a fluid situation. 

Just now, Eisenhower_1952 said:

If you talk to your agent everyday, then wouldn't you know if he has been contacted?

Welll he is not going to let you know that. Come on people. This is coach speak and spin zone stuff 

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

Not gonna lie @The Jboy Show has been money for a while. He still thinks Mario is in the lead but it’s a fluid situation. 

Terms like "in the lead" and "fluid situation" are not making me feel a Mario move is likely.  

It was basically: yes they want me and I am thinking about it and this is a shout out to the administration that if you want to keep me you better pony up or I am out of here. 
not exactly a win for AU or Oregon. He is playing both sides. 

If he wants to be the best, he has to beat the best. And if he wants to be part of the SEC’s up and coming ESPN deal, here is his chance. 
or he can wallow away in the pac whatever 

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Terms like "in the lead" and "fluid situation" are not making me feel a Mario move is likely.  

What’s gonna make anyone feel like a move is likely until it actually happens? Nothing is ever set in stone until the school releases an announcement. It’s as good as we’ll get for now. 

He's now got a championship game to focus on for his current team. This was the thing to do and he didn't say anything that changes AU's or Oregon's negotiations.

He may decide to stay, but this was never going to be a 1 or 2 day hiring process.

8 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

You just listened to a guy keeping his options open.

This. We may not get him, but the KEY thing he said was, "Hopefully in the next couple of days, there's more stuff to talk about as it relates to that."

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

He's now got a championship game to focus on for his current team. This was the thing to do and he didn't say anything that changes AU's or Oregon's negotiations.

He may decide to stay, but this was never going to be a 1 or 2 day hiring process.

Yup. Oregon replacing UW in the Conference Championship game stalled any chances of getting him this week, so I expect Auburn to wait until next Monday/Tuesday to announce him or Plan B.

IMO...and my opinion only...I believe the Steele rumors are in place to keep the players and current commits at bay.

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

IMO...and my opinion only...I believe the Steele rumors are in place to keep the players and current commits at bay.

This. I agree. 

Archived