Men vs Texas State

toddc

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man we go on the worst stretches sometimes. Can't get and keep seperation.

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Are we all of a sudden running a different O?

No clue but that's an ugly half

• Talent wise it's clear we should be up by double digits
  • We aren't playing smart with fouls. Have about the same number of fouls as TS. Should be looking to get the advantage there and possibly get their vets in foul trouble early.
  • We were aggressive inside with rebounds and then stopped.
  • Dumb passes with unforced turnovers.
  • At one point Bruce needs to hire a Free Throw coach guru.

tough last 5 mins or so of the 1st half and tx so leads 40-39. Powell looked bothered by their pressure. Hopefully they miss a couple more shots next half and we don't have another 5 min cold streak and we should be ok

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

At one point Bruce needs to hire a Free Throw coach guru.

This! Every year our FT shooting looks like absolute trash. Whoever worked with Wiley needs to work with every one at the beginning or end of every practice.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

This! Every year our FT shooting looks like absolute trash. Whoever worked with Wiley needs to work with every one at the beginning or end of every practice.

Went to an Auburn football game and we showed up way too early. It was hot as all get out. We escaped the heat by going into the Auburn Arena where they were practicing a little bit. After practice I watched as Wiley and some ball boy or assistant sat there and shot what had to be 100+ free throws.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Went to an Auburn football game and we showed up way too early. It was hot as all get out. We escaped the heat by going into the Auburn Arena where they were practicing a little bit. After practice I watched as Wiley and some ball boy or assistant sat there and shot what had to be 100+ free throws.

Cool story! Love that he worked so hard on his FTs and it definitely showed last year. Man, I miss ol' stone hands. :P

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Cool story! Love that he worked so hard on his FTs and it definitely showed last year. Man, I miss ol' stone hands. :P

I loved watching him when he was on his game. Still felt like he never hit his ceiling. I'm really excited by our gentle giant Dylan Cardwell. 

Earning these fouls means almost nothing if we can't make free throws holy cow.

Archived