Men vs Texas State

toddc

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12th tallest team in D1 basketball

Imagine Powell + Thor + Cardwell with a full year of strength training.

1 minute ago, chizhead said:

FT's and shot selection still need to get better

4-22 from 3 and we're up by 15

So. Much. Potential.

And that's game! Great second half to pull away. Went away from the 3 and FT shooting was way better. I could get on board watching us use our height to our advantage. War Eagle, everyone!

Nice win here! Love the power basketball 🏀 

That was fun

we have so many rough edges and place to improve.  But so much upside.  D seemed better.  We found our 2 PG’s until cooper gets released from purgatory.

gotta improve FT’s and continue to improve  

Just now, mustache eagle said:

That was fun

we have so many rough edges and place to improve.  But so much upside.  D seemed better.  We found our 2 PG’s until cooper gets released from purgatory.

gotta improve FT’s and continue to improve  

Key difference between our basketball program and football

SO FUN

Flanigan, Thor, Powell, Caldwell, and Jaylin all played really well in spots. And i really like what i see in Moore.

Looks like we are ok running some zone defense this year. Time will tell if we are any good at that. I like trying to change it up and with our length zone seems like a good idea. 

I think this was a good maturity game for them as well. The 3s weren't dropping like last game so they decided to drive and attack the basket. So many bright spots and the continuing growth of our young team. Can't wait to see how we stack up in conference play!

I said in a post the other day Flanagan should be our other PG. Powell as PG brings it up in control can break the press and sets up the offense. Flanagan pushes up a little faster then Powell giving us chances for some easy baskets. Between the two I think we will only get better even if NCAA says no to Sharife if they say yes we will take off. 

This was the most complete team effort so far this year probably the best defense we have played all year even though we had some lapses, worked the boards really well, took the ball inside instead of only taking 3's. We did a couple of different zone defenses and sometimes we did them well and other times lapses but this team has potential to be a really good zone team. Still to many people getting beat on the dribble but we have great rim protectors so we get away with it.

Bruce develops both players and team the improvement from 1st few games till  now is great and we still have a long way to reach our potential especially as young as this team is. Our big caught passes or rebounds under basket where they need to go strong and Dunk.  Cardwell before he leaves here will be a top notch SEC Center he has a big strong body, he moves well and plays hard.  A few times tonight I saw him seal his man on his hip down low and make himself available for a pass that never came. I would like to see us pass it to him down there and see if he has any post game where he scores or draws players in and passes out.  That would be a great way to get Powell some open three's.  I also like how Powell adjusted Texas knew not to leave him open for three's he took advantage of that by driving and pulling up and scoring or going inside off dribble and scoring or driving and making some great passes. He tied for most rebounds again with 7.

Finally we have to get better at FT's no excuse for not shooting at least 70%.

Archived