2021 NSD Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Zeek

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

So the huge news is that we might flip a kid from...... Vandy?

i don't think anybody called it huge news, tbh.  if you look at the rankings and who's already signed, there's not a lot of huge flips to be had.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

LJ Johnson still not signed 😁

maybe one of the top 3 backs of the class

• Love 1

I wonder if Jadarrius Perkins has signed with Mizzou yet.  Zac Etheridge was pushing hard for him and his family wanted him closer to home (from Miss) makes me wonder if he might be our flip.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

So the huge news is that we might flip a kid from...... Vandy?

@PigskinPat Nobody has said it's huge news. Just that one of our coaches tweeted last night a flip was coming.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

maybe one of the top 3 backs of the class

Although he's not officially committed elsewhere so probably doesn't count. Announcing in 2 hours. 

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@PigskinPat Nobody has said it's huge news. Just that one of our coaches tweeted last night a flip was coming.

Not sure that was wise from a PR standpoint. Just let the flip happen. Kinda like when you get to the end zone act like you’ve been there before.

• Like 1

Just now, dilligas said:

Darren Uscher, the Director of Recruiting

Well dang....that does not help narrow it down at all lol

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Although he's not officially committed elsewhere so probably doesn't count. Announcing in 2 hours. 

Probably ending up with TAMU and with our OT that we want.   

Honestly -  I knew Fisher was going to get that ball rolling and I worry about TAMU long term.

• Like 1

As long as we get the ones currently predicted below I will be happy with what the new staff was able to do under difficult circumstances. If we do get a flip so much the better. Then hopefully some GT's to help us next year while staff works on the 22 class. 

3-star S Cayden Bridges (AU heavy favorite: Sign Time Noon CT)

3-star D Juwon Gaston (AU heavy favorite: Sign Time 1:30 CT)

3-star RB Jarquex Hunter (AU heavy favorite: Sign Time Friday 9 AM CT)

4-star DE Dylan Brooks (Tenn signee, waiting on Vols to release him: could be a few more weeks)

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Probably ending up with TAMU and with our OT that we want.   

Honestly -  I knew Fisher was going to get that ball rolling and I worry about TAMU long term.

Fisher knows how to play the game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WinstonMcFlurry said:

This is the kinda class that can kill a program yknow. Not next year, but year 2 and 3 are gonna be interesting.  

1 class doesn't kill a program...just can't miss on 2 classes in a row.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

No

In the SEC absolutely, we already struggling to keep up while pulling in top 15 classes. I hope Harsin can develop these guys and get them playing up to their potential but a class of majority 3 stars is disaster, even given the circumstances. What's gonna happen, like with basketball, is in year 3 and 4 we will have very few good upperclassmen meaning we will not be winning. There's a reason why Bama had one of the best teams of all time when a bunch of seniors came back. I don't care how good a coach Harsin is, without top 10 recruiting we are not winning anything .    

Relax. These are high school kids. I expect transfers to happen more as we move forward and it will help and hurt everyone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

As long as we get the ones currently predicted below I will be happy with what the new staff was able to do under difficult circumstances. If we do get a flip so much the better. Then hopefully some GT's to help us next year while staff works on the 22 class. 

3-star S Cayden Bridges (AU heavy favorite: Sign Time Noon CT)

3-star D Juwon Gaston (AU heavy favorite: Sign Time 1:30 CT)

3-star RB Jarquex Hunter (AU heavy favorite: Sign Time Friday 9 AM CT)

4-star DE Dylan Brooks (Tenn signee, waiting on Vols to release him: could be a few more weeks)

I would be amazed if any of the above DIDN'T end up at Auburn