2021 NSD Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Zeek

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Worth noting Armani Diamond was still being "vetted" last night and was offered some time this morning.

I was just gonna ask this, the last I saw he was waiting for an offer, interesting.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I was just gonna ask this, the last I saw he was waiting for an offer, interesting.

Fast rising on a lot of people's boards. He's undersized but a baller.

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Worth noting Armani Diamond was still being "vetted" last night and was offered some time this morning.

Curious who'd be doing that vetting with no head coach. 

I am super late to the party (work is crazy), but welcome to the Family guys!  I am excited about each and every one who has signed so far.  I am happy to see we kept Davis and Hunter.  If we get Goodwin I would say today was a success.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, looney said:

Curious who'd be doing that vetting with no head coach. 

Interim staff is busting their butts for us right now

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Interim staff is busting their butts for us right now

Like a relief pitcher in the 9th inning throwing 3 pitches for the "win"?😉

POW!!!!!! Was concerned when he didn't respond to requests for comment

Edited by Zeek

POW!!!!!!! Harvey was another one I was a little worried about.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So we signed 2 pass catching TEs... I wonder if this is a sign....

New OC better be bringing the McVay/Shanahan two tight end look and possible 12 formations

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 1

For what it's worth I think that's a wrap. I don't think we land 4* RB Armoni Goodwin (which isn't until 6:00 PM anyways) and flipping Jeremiah "Scoob" Williams from Florida seems unlikely (best case he pushes his decision back).

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

New OC better be bringing the McVay/Shanahan two tight end look and possible 22 formations

These guys are not the TEs for that style of O.  They are catching TEs and are guys that are mismatches in pass formations.  The question is will we throw to them

7 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

These guys are not the TEs for that style of O.  They are catching TEs and are guys that are mismatches in pass formations.  The question is will we throw to them

Which is precisely what Higbee and Everett are and kitttle and Tonyan and J Smith and all other NFL offenses that use two tight end sets frequently

play action out of the 12 personnel against 4-3 defenses at the college level is potent.  Heck 13 personnel like the Colts run this year with all pass catching tight ends

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Another Daniel Thomas type  recruit 

The 2 biggest pieces today were keeping Davis and Hunter and we did that. So I’m good tbh. This class is coming out better than I thought it would with no coach

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

The 2 biggest pieces today were keeping Davis and Hunter and we did that. So I’m good tbh. This class is coming out better than I thought it would with no coach

Harvey was another big keep and Calcaterra too. Armoni Goodwin is one I really wanted but the moment he didn't push his date back it felt doomed. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Harvey was another big keep and Calcaterra too. Armoni Goodwin is one I really wanted but the moment he didn't push his date back it felt doomed. 

Yeah I was gone add Harvey’s name too. I also hope Jaedon Roberts sticks with us then I’ll really be happy. Goodwin was a long shot so I’m not even thinking about him anymore. We’re not getting him

I have to admit we are doing better than I expected with the ones who have already sent in their letters and the ones we have convinced to wait until we get our new coach. The staff has done a great job considering. Now we need a great hire for coach.

Typical Malzahn signing class.  One Offensive Lineman, a 3*, no offense to Langlo.  He may turn out to be the GOAT but our biggest weakness and we only sign one.