MAR enters Transfer Portal

RunInRed

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand this.  He's behind Tank, most likely the premier back in the SEC.  Williams. Worm.

I hate to see him go, but wish him the best.

I’m hoping he reconsiders when the new HC is named.  From what we saw of him he is a great looking back.  MAR and Tank would make an awesome 1-2 punch next year behind a hopefully much better O line and a new offense.  

54 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I’m hoping he reconsiders when the new HC is named.  From what we saw of him he is a great looking back.  MAR and Tank would make an awesome 1-2 punch next year behind a hopefully much better O line and a new offense.  

Him getting less work than a DJ that hasn’t been trusted/asked to run 90% of the time he’s in....not a great sign for him to be the 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Calcaterra though!

Yeah, just find it ironic that a team that throws four passes to a tight end a year has a dozen of them on the roster. Malzahn, or no Malzahn.

2 hours ago, weagl1 said:

He’s behind Worm and Williams. It will be a few. Years before he gets touches. 

49 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Yet another “gift” from Gus... 😡

That makes no sense. Gus is gone. If he was frustrated by the head coach, he’d be likely to stick around and see who we hire. 
There’s plenty of blame to go around for Gus. This isn’t part of it.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah, just find it ironic that a team that throws four passes to a tight end a year has a dozen of them on the roster. Malzahn, or no Malzahn.

I loved the staff using Frazier's injury as reasoning for why the TEs, the 5 of them, couldn't get more catches. 

Esp when Shenker and Pegues probably have one drop combined between them. 

MAR is already ahead of the last RB to transfer, Asa Martin. Martin was running 5th string when he left. With MAR running 4th string, he's a step up!

For those interested, after the huge meltdown on the board here when Martin left, Asa went to Miami for one term, where he was once again running 5th string after their spring practice. He then transferred to Memphis and sat out his transfer year while learning their system and polishing his game. After all that time, this season he has worked his way all the way up to being third string RB for the Memphis Tigers.

Will MAR do as well elsewhere? Time will tell....

Archived