MAR enters Transfer Portal

RunInRed

5 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

So, I guess in 2021 we will have three running backs, two offensive tackles, and twelve tight ends.

Longsnappers don't forget the longsnappers.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, AUFriction said:

That makes no sense. Gus is gone. If he was frustrated by the head coach, he’d be likely to stick around and see who we hire. 
There’s plenty of blame to go around for Gus. This isn’t part of it.

Yeah, probably had nothing to do with very few reps when the RB corps was decimated with injuries...  You’re the one that makes no sense! 

15 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah, just find it ironic that a team that throws four passes to a tight end a year has a dozen of them on the roster. Malzahn, or no Malzahn.

If we could only somehow feed them a bunch of sandwiches and fill them out into some O-Linemen. Most tight ends have the frame and this used to be a thing back in the day.

On 12/17/2020 at 11:05 AM, Britt in GA said:

If we could only somehow feed them a bunch of sandwiches and fill them out into some O-Linemen. Most tight ends have the frame and this used to be a thing back in the day.

Luke Deal is one that should have been groomed for a left tackle position. Has the frame and athletic ability. 

4 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Luke Deal is one that should have been groomed for a left tackle position. Has the frame and athletic ability. 

Well Deal was always the one out of that group who some thought could grow into that position. Just don’t touch Brandon Frazier. That kid will be a stud for us, just wait.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

With the hire made today I wonder if if MAR will change his mind about transferring?

Hoping the hire along with Armoni not coming convinces him to withdrawal his name from the Portal.

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I hope CBH is giving this young man a call today.

I imagine he’s meeting with players before the press conference, hopefully he’s talked to Tank too

15 hours ago, Paladin said:

Pegues already has a tackle body and great agility for a guy that size. 

8 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Pegues is a playmaker and a devastating lead blocker out of the backfield. We can find another OL, but we can't find another 300 lb unicorn. 

7 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I’ve seen this mentioned before. Is it a strong threat that Tank may leave if Caddy is let go? 

Tank is a 1st round draft pick type of talent. I doubt he's (or anyone close to him) is concerned if Caddy is gone. He continues to play the way he does, he's getting a big pay day.

26 minutes ago, around4ever said:

At 6-2, he does not have the height or wingspan for an offensive tackle. Be great at defensive tackle though.

FWIW JGT said he thinks MAR Will stick around long enough to at least listen to our new coach about potentially staying here.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW JGT said he thinks MAR Will stick around long enough to at least listen to our new coach about potentially staying here.

It would be wise to.  If he is unhappy with how things were previously, might as well give the new regime a shot to show how it will be different...

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s not listed in 247 list of RBs in the portal as of the moment of posting:

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/TransferPortal/

He’s listed as a Special Team player. 😢would love to see Coach Harsin keep him. 

50 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s not listed in 247 list of RBs in the portal as of the moment of posting:

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/TransferPortal/

@TexasTigerthat's because he was listed as an ATH out of high school. 247 doesn't change player positions from high school to transfer portal.

image.png

JGT just posted he thinks RB MAR has made up his mind & will not be coming back to AU.

Sucks if true. Would have loved to see him in a Harsin O.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

JGT just posted he thinks RB MAR has made up his mind & will not be coming back to AU.

Confirmed. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Seems like MAR was out regardless of the coaching change, how do you feel about Shaun? Do you think he was out whether there was a coaching change or not? My feeling is yes on that too

Archived