MAR enters Transfer Portal

RunInRed

I am happy for MAR.  Despite his situation at Auburn and what may or may not have been true I hope he succeeds at UCF.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

True, but Tank only had 138 carries last season. RB2 had 62. Compare that to 156 and 84 the year before, with RB3 having 61 carries. (In both seasons, QB1 had ~100 "carries"- not sure how many of those were called pass plays that became scrambles or sacks, but it was more than a few.) 

It's not that the carries were given to better backs. We just didn't run the ball very much. In a way, though, it's not that different than previous years in that RB1 gets the vast majority of the carries, RB2 gets about half that many, and then there are some scraps for the other guys. Even when RB1 isn't healthy. 

Two less games on the schedule, though. Oddly enough, the average carries per game for RB1 and RB2 were exactly the same the last two seasons: 18. 

Not sure about RB3 last season, but there weren't any out of conference games to rack up those carries. 

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Two less games on the schedule, though. Oddly enough, the average carries per game for RB1 and RB2 were exactly the same the last two seasons: 18. 

Not sure about RB3 last season, but there weren't any out of conference games to rack up those carries. 

Excellent points. I stand corrected. 

Hope he gets 1500 total yards on the year.  Curious to why one would transfer to a school and follow a coach that didn't play you.  I understand he will probably be the most talented player on the field, but still...that little lingering doubt.  Malzahn must have promised him 1st string.

Another thing that occurs to me is that MAR didn't get *any* carries until the last day of October, and then suddenly got 14 in the IB. Could be a lot that went into all that, but is it possible that Gus really does have a much higher opinion of him now than he did before the LSU game? 

13 minutes ago, alexava said:

Am I the only person who remembers it being said that MAR was not 100% healthy most of the year?

That's been every year, I believe

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

But I don’t get the desire to criticize the coach for not playing a kid... to the point that they blame the coach for the kid wanting to transfer. While  not acknowledging  the kid was nursing minor injuries. Now the kid follows the coach who wouldn’t play him and folks seem confused about why he would do that. It’s almost a mirror image of today’s political climate. 

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah? And what's your point? Perhaps some of the board mind readers/psychics/professional coaches that are not paid a dime to coach don't really know what they are talking about and MAR doesn't feel like he was actually overlooked or misused but really was injured and not as ready to play as the guys who played ahead of him. Nah!!! That couldn't possibly be it.

Fact is, AU didn't seem to have much of a mass exodus of players under Malzahn. A few here and there, including some highly touted. But mostly it seems as if players played their hearts out for Malzahn.

MAR made a choice to go to UCF and play for Malzahn again. I doubt seriously he did that because he was some sort of masochist...

7 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

and MAR doesn't feel like he was actually overlooked or misused but really was injured and not as ready to play as the guys who played ahead of him. Nah!!! That couldn't possibly be it.

Fair enough, but he did leave the program.

19 minutes ago, alexava said:

But I don’t get the desire to criticize the coach for not playing a kid... to the point that they blame the coach for the kid wanting to transfer. While  not acknowledging  the kid was nursing minor injuries. Now the kid follows the coach who wouldn’t play him and folks seem confused about why he would do that. It’s almost a mirror image of today’s political climate. 

Yeah. I posted earlier that time line, which really doesn't make sense

19 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Yeah? And what's your point? Perhaps some of the board mind readers/psychics/professional coaches that are not paid a dime to coach don't really know what they are talking about and MAR doesn't feel like he was actually overlooked or misused but really was injured and not as ready to play as the guys who played ahead of him. Nah!!! That couldn't possibly be it.

Idk what you're mad about but my point was literally what you quoted. He was hurt. 

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Idk what you're mad about but my point was literally what you quoted. He was hurt. 

Not mad. I was using your post as a jumping off point to expound on. Sorry if it came across otherwise. No excuse, but I've seen so much bashing that my tone was probably not what it should have been. 

War Eagle!

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I see that now.

Dang bro. That’s twice you’ve come about today. I’m not gonna tolerate that type of honesty/accountability  much longer. Tomfoolery and shenanigans are afoot, I tell ya.

2FEB1721-6C07-4725-AD59-5896F86AD7B5.gif

16 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dang bro. That’s twice you’ve come about today. I’m not gonna tolerate that type of honesty/accountability  much longer. Tomfoolery and shenanigans are afoot, I tell ya.

Maybe McLoofus was hacked?

9 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I can very easily sleep at night being a jerk. Being a dishonest one? Oh hell no.

In the spirit of honesty, I can tell you that I once met Samuel L. Jackson and totally fumbled the snap. I gave him an overly vigorous handshake and blurted out "BIG FAN" and he looked at me not dissimilarly from the GIF above.

Lucky for me, I was not the guy that he busted trying to take a picture of him on the down low. This was at a party with a lot of VIPs and this dude got the full angry Samuel L. Jackson treatment. Tragic. That man might have had a family.

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can very easily sleep at night being a jerk. Being a dishonest one? Oh hell no.

In the spirit of honesty, I can tell you that I once met Samuel L. Jackson and totally fumbled the snap. I gave him an overly vigorous handshake and blurted out "BIG FAN" and he looked at me not dissimilarly from the GIF above.

Lucky for me, I was not the guy that he busted trying to take a picture of him on the down low. This was at a party with a lot of VIPs and this dude got the full angry Samuel L. Jackson treatment. Tragic. That man might have had a family.

*favorite story file +1 for the day

4 hours ago, alexava said:

It proves the fact that most of the people bitching about who should be playing are clueless. The same goes for Malik Willis, as he stated in an interview that he wasn't preparing properly at Auburn.

12 hours ago, GAAubie said:

It proves the fact that most of the people bitching about who should be playing are clueless. The same goes for Malik Willis, as he stated in an interview that he wasn't preparing properly at Auburn.

Because 2016 Clemson, 2017 Clemson (in which we were statistically *worse* than 2016 on offense), 2017 LSU, 2019 Florida, and numerous other mystifying losses show that Gus had such excellent judgment. 

The fans are often and maybe even usually wrong about these things. Doesn't mean we always are. And there's damned sure no indication that the coach is always right. 

Yes, there are definitely some clueless folks in this whole farce. 

23 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Malzahn must have promised him 1st string.

Nah, but he did promise he would throw him a swing pass on the first play against USF.

Archived