Prayers requested

3rdgeneration

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes, it seems that if my entire war on cancer is akin to the WWII ETO (for you history buffs out there) I'm currently in the middle of the Ardennes Forest fighting off the massive battle of the bulge.

In this vein, to your situation I say: “Nuts!” (You will obviously understand that😉). 
Much love and many prayers for comfort and peace for you and your family, Nathan. Isaiah 55:1-3

54 minutes ago, fredst said:

In this vein, to your situation I say: “Nuts!” (You will obviously understand that😉). 
Much love and many prayers for comfort and peace for you and your family, Nathan. Isaiah 55:1-3

I absolutely understand it.  It has definitely been telling me surrender the last few days.  Just a couple days ago I literally thought I was at the point of death, but The Lord has put it in my heart to say "Nuts!" 

I know that sounds funny but it sure feels good to be able to laugh about something!!!

Thank you Mr. Dr. Fred!

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I absolutely understand it.  It has definitely been telling me surrender the last few days.  Just a couple days ago I literally thought I was at the point of death, but The Lord has put it in my heart to say "Nuts!" 

I know that sounds funny but it sure feels good to be able to laugh about something!!!

Thank you Mr. Dr. Fred!

Prayers with you Nathan.  How are the wife and girls? Did you get a chance to see the snow recently that way? 

On 12/18/2020 at 1:10 AM, USATiger said:

Dang hate to hear it.  Don't know 72 but I'm sure he won't mind the prayers from an unknown.   Keep up the faith 72, we are praying for you!

We may not know each other now, but in the family of Christ, we will one day all be true family!! 

Thank you & God bless!

15 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Prayers with you Nathan.  How are the wife and girls? Did you get a chance to see the snow recently that way? 

The girls are fine.  They're handling it each, their own way, but they're resilient and we're blessed that they're mostly just looking forward to Christmas.

Yes, the snow was SO exciting for them.  It wasn't much but the flakes were huge and it was hilarious watching them!

20 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

That sweet 3rdGen told me there was a new thread dedicated to praying for my new battle.  She is the sweetest, I can tell you!  And after reading through the replies....thank you.  With so much, uh, going on on the forum right now for y'all to each take time to acknowledge me with a kind word is appreciated more than you'll know.

Yes, it seems that if my entire war on cancer is akin to the WWII ETO (for you history buffs out there) I'm currently in the middle of the Ardennes Forest fighting off the massive battle of the bulge.  I was feeling decent while we moved but it turns out the cancer has been eating up my liver & choking off my kidneys.  Now it's even working it's way around my lungs, especially at the bronchial branch (I thinks it's called).  I'm quickly becoming surrounded like those at Bastogne and running out of time. 

Truthfully, just 2 days ago I thought it was over.  However, prayer is working as this last gasp chemo seems to be at least giving me some liver function back and allowing me to sit upright enough to clear out my kidneys....whose pain is through the roof.

So we're here, in Knoxville, can't say I've enjoyed it as much as I hoped with how I've been feeling but with y'alls continuing prayers, The Lord might just be willing to make me a positive example of his powers.  I hope so, for as much as I look forward to hanging out with Jesus and my loved ones in Heaven, I still don't feel ready to leave this family behind. 

However, as Christ Himself said, in the garden of gethsemane, the night before He was taken, humiliated, beaten & hung on a cross as the lamb's payment for our sins, I can certainly not do better than "not my will be done, but Yours Lord".

So again, thanks to all of you take the time out to think of me & my situation.  Please simply apply every victory as His glory!

God bless friends!!!!

Nathan

Love you my brother ❤️

Nathan my brother, you are an awesome human. I am bewildered how you are encouraging us when we are trying to encourage you. I know you haven't posted here in a while but I think of you and wonder how you are. 

I want to personally thank you for being so strong and unashamed to profess you faith. When you share your thoughts, your trials and your testimony it means so much that you allow us to be a part of your story. Our family prays for you and your family with this war you are going through.

I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say we sincerely love you, pray for you and are hoping for healing in Jesus Name we pray and believe. Amen. War Eagle brother!

^couldnt say it better. Please let your family know that we are ALL family, and we support them too.

your courage is awe-inspiring. Seriously. 

Prayers for peace that passes all understanding. 

prayers from Auburn. 

18 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Nathan my brother, you are an awesome human. I am bewildered how you are encouraging us when we are trying to encourage you. I know you haven't posted here in a while but I think of you and wonder how you are. 

I want to personally thank you for being so strong and unashamed to profess you faith. When you share your thoughts, your trials and your testimony it means so much that you allow us to be a part of your story. Our family prays for you and your family with this war you are going through.

I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say we sincerely love you, pray for you and are hoping for healing in Jesus Name we pray and believe. Amen. War Eagle brother!

Thank you Tbone, I appreciate it.  However, I am not awesome by any means.  I'm as weak & sinful as anyone out there.

I just feel blessed & honored by the fact that Our Lord would use me to try and help fellow Christians in need of ministering or, more importantly, perhaps somewhere out there I've helped gain a soul or two for Christ.

The Lord takes what's bad and turns it to good....that's the only way I can describe it!

Thank you for all the kind thoughts, words & prayers.

God bless!!

On 12/17/2020 at 9:16 PM, AUBwins said:

Hey we have a Christmas star next week.  Good time for a Christmas miracle.  Prayers for you Nathan. 

We will be looking for it.  Beautiful night here in Appalachia at the moment!

Archived