Harold Joiner lands at Mich. St.

Tigerpro2a

Good for Harold. If he has aspirations of making FB a lucrative deal, he will listen to every thing Mel tells him, especially, the part about moving to OLB and toughening the **** up!

Good for him. Go someplace that needs him. I think he considered them when he was in high school but wanted AU. Could be wrong.
Best O luck. 

• 1 year later...

If our QB could have completed a 15 yrd swing pass to him in 2019 vs thUga, he may still be with us. He was doing well in that game but then he went AWOL afterwards. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gr82batigr said:

If our QB could have completed a 15 yrd swing pass to him in 2019 vs thUga, he may still be with us. He was doing well in that game but then he went AWOL afterwards. 

I hear you, but they are both gone so ...

Always find it intriguing when guys leave to see how they are used other places.  A lot of the time it seems like they also dont pan out other places. 

8 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

Always find it intriguing when guys leave to see how they are used other places.  A lot of the time it seems like they also dont pan out other places. 

That happens almost every time. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

That happens almost every time. 

Yes it does. That is the reason why I don't concern myself with transfers.It is also the reason I don't concern myself with incoming transfers. Sure there are Cam Newtons and Joe Burrows out there(I feel Max Johnson of TAMU is one). But for evey great and talented player, there are thousands of kids thinking their situation is the team's/coache's fault and not their own. The problem for every collage player is that everyone has talent. The guy across from you always has talent. So either you out work them or you are a freak of nature. There is no in-between. 

• Love 1

IIRC there were way more players in the portal last year than available spots on rosters.  What did all those athletes end up doing when they didn't land a spot on a roster?  

This thread shows the false hope we had for a lot of these guys unfortunately. Joiner, MAR, Craig-Myers, Gatewood, etc. didn't seem to do much this year again. Looks like Kat had a good one though. Maybe he raised his draft stock  

43 minutes ago, au302 said:

This thread shows the false hope we had for a lot of these guys unfortunately. Joiner, MAR, Craig-Myers, Gatewood, etc. didn't seem to do much this year again. Looks like Kat had a good one though. Maybe he raised his draft stock  

I thought he would have gotten more exposure at AU but I wonder if he thought he would get more playing time???

8 hours ago, au302 said:

I agree to an extent. Craig-Meyers though I disagree. That kid was at one time the #1 recruit in his class. He had amazing talent and potential and showed glimpses of it at AU. I just wonder what would have happened if he ended up somewhere out of HS with a proven developer that could get his head on straight for him and buckle him down.

MAR was a let down. 

With Joiner I think the writing was on the wall with him being a guy with no real position, but Gus's history of using a guy like Clay gave us all hope. 

Sucks to see guys that have some sort of upside not do what they were billed to do...

As football guys, a lot of us see the traits and upside that some of these guys can bring and just assume they'll work on their weaknesses or go somewhere that they can do well. Again, it sucks but it happens. 

• Like 1