Sarkisian to interview

RunInRed

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was known yesterday!

Got to say, I think this is good move.   Not saying that he is the best candidate, but I think it says , or at least I hope it does, that everything is open.  And they are taking a look at several good candidates 

My first choice. please yes. It would mean an instant offensive improvement. Bring in Pruit as defensive coordinator when he fired at Tennessee and you have two Saban boys on one team LOL

Just glad to see some activity that isn't just rhetoric and posturing from sanitized official statements.

21 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Sark doesn't excite me, TBH, but at least this search is gaining some traction. 

on the rebound!

-sniff-  I never liked that Mario guy, anyway  -sniff-

29 minutes ago, chizhead said:

boogity boogity boogity bully bully !!!!!!

i thought he destroyed the falcons? i never read that but i had friends basically claim that. that has been my worry concerning him.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i thought he destroyed the falcons? i never read that but i had friends basically claim that. that has been my worry concerning him.

NFL is a completely different animal.   

Just now, aubaseball said:

NFL is a completely different animal.   

i understand but it is still a worry. but i know little about him to be honest. why would you think he would be great at auburn? or anyone. i am sincere..............

39 minutes ago, shabby said:

My first choice. please yes. It would mean an instant offensive improvement. Bring in Pruit as defensive coordinator when he fired at Tennessee and you have two Saban boys on one team LOL

So Saban can beat us twice as bad as he beats other teams with one ex-assistant? You know that no former assistant has ever beaten him, right?

I honestly don’t have a feeling, either way about sark. He hasn’t settled in anywhere long enough to gauge him. The drinking problem is probably my main concern. Not because I condemn alcohol. I partake. Hopefully he has that under control. I prefer him over Steele. Less than Freeze though. 

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i understand but it is still a worry. but i know little about him to be honest. why would you think he would be great at auburn? or anyone. i am sincere..............

There are too many factors that go into being great.   Everyone has to be on the same page and I’m not sure Auburn will ever get on the same page.  

But what I do know is that a lot of good football people think highly of Sarkisian.   Do you really think Saban would offer a mediocre coach the chance to run his offense?? Or that the University of Washington and So Cal would offer?  Or how about Pete Carroll?  Don’t you think they know what a good coach looks like?   I’m most positive that they do.    Now will he put Auburn on an elite level, I don’t know and no one does.   But I do know that he knows more than Malzahn 

1 minute ago, TigerHorn said:

So Saban can beat us twice as bad as he beats other teams with one ex-assistant? You know that no former assistant has ever beaten him, right?

That just means they are due. 

2 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

you know hardly anyone not named Gus has beat him either? Malzahn, Oregeron freeze and Dabo since 2009?  I'd take someone with the potential of being the offensive version of Kirby Smart (who hasn't beat Saban Yet) any day of the week. just because his former assistants haven't beat him yet doesn't make him less likely to be  coach that can.

i will be watching oregon and usc tonight to see how mario looks coaching tonight. it will make the game interesting.

24 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Look no farther than Steve Spurrier.    One of the best college coaches to ever coach, couldn’t do it in the nfl 

Yeah, Saban was 15-17 with the 'Fins.

Archived