Hang tight guys ...

RunInRed

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sammy said:

I get all the anger/rah rah let’s drain the swamp attitude, we’re all desperate for change. but...

I’m not sure most here are ready to accept the consequences of what they are asking for. All of college athletics is built on funding from boosters and a recruiting network that boosters essentially are responsible for. Auburn, like every other major D1 program, plays the same game. Ousting our biggest financial contributors will not be an overnight fix to the program. Quite the opposite in fact. It’s a long term solution with no guarantee we ever return/reach the level of prominence we all aspire for. 

I fully understand that big boosters are needed.  But with regards to ours, screw em all.  They're idiots.

The perfect example is across the state.  Give your money, get out of the way, and enjoy the results.  The fact that they don't see that is insane.

K this won’t be popular but Gus brought a lot of this on himself just being an a**hole all the time. Auburn has always been family orientated. Folks likes to be around things including boosters . Gus is so dam paranoid that he pisses folks off. The press, bosters, admin and fans. He can’t just give an honest answer or Own a mistake . I got no problem with boosters that shed millions on the program to get some up close time. In fact it’s a small price to pay for the money they dish out. I don’t back their choice of Kevin, not so much that I think KS isn’t qualified, but because we need some new blood that can hire coaches that aren’t just here because they played here before or they are buddies of the HC that won’t question him. I want so  one that can rebuild the program to be a winner for the next decades. Just my two cents. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I fully understand that big boosters are needed.  But with regards to ours, screw em all.  They're idiots.

The perfect example is across the state.  Give your money, get out of the way, and enjoy the results.  The fact that they don't see that is insane.

That is the perfect example of that plan working flawlessly. But... it only works IF you win and win big. 

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Rane wants to get rid of him and replace with Tim Jackson....try swallowing that

I didn’t realize that feller was still so close to the program. Was there ever a more unnerving site than to see that sob shadowing Chizik on the sidelines in his flasher trench coat?

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Rane wants to get rid of him and replace with Tim Jackson....try swallowing that

Steele and Jackson should help pack each other’s office and go have a circle jerk after they both get fired

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Like I posted yesterday I think the people involved behind the scenes at Alabama in the late 90’s early 2000’s were very comparable AU’s however they had a coach who said this is my program, get out of the way, they did and now they are the most valuable team in college football.

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

They almost pulled it off before they hired AG.

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I didn’t realize that feller was still so close to the program. Was there ever a more unnerving site than to see that sob shadowing Chizik on the sidelines in his flasher trench coat?

I'll never forget him on the sidelines screaming at Tuberville

37 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

He could say something now? There's nothing holding back if he cares about Auburn and his players

The same reason Chip Lindsey didnt come out and say what went on when he was here. Gus is a football coach. Football coaches dont get jobs by talking smack about previous employers

13 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Only way I come in is if I get absolute full control. And the minute a booster steps in my office talking I can slap the you know what out of them. That last part has to be in the contract.

The inability for Auburn to give this up is the reason we got Gus and not Kirby before the 2013 season. 

36 minutes ago, aub4life said:

According to J Hopkinson on Twitter, he was and they apologized but kept on anyway.

Plus it would have secured him a good job instead of having to step back to OC or small lesser HC. 

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Somebody needs to tell yellawood to take his money and shove it up his arse.

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Like I posted yesterday I think the people involved behind the scenes at Alabama in the late 90’s early 2000’s were very comparable AU’s however they had a coach who said this is my program, get out of the way, they did and now they are the most valuable team in college football.

It is time for Auburn to do the same. 

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

The same reason Chip Lindsey didnt come out and say what went on when he was here. Gus is a football coach. Football coaches dont get jobs by talking smack about previous employers

The inability for Auburn to give this up is the reason we got Gus and not Kirby before the 2013 season. 

I know someone here said we lost Kirby because he wanted to coach the title game and Auburn said no. Regardless... Kirby learned from Nick, he knows you can’t reach his level of success without having 100% control. So until Auburn does that this cycle will continue to repeat every 6-8 years.

53 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

AG was pretty much caught lying about applying for another AD job, that being said, I don’t blame him one bit for wanting to get out of this mess. He has no say anyway 

What job was he caught applying for?

5 minutes ago, Stephen66 said:

Take a listen at the Rob Shuler interview....

I just did. 

Ok so with what RiR said, its clear who the "fire me" guy was. What isnt clear is the coach who was solidly pro-gus. Maybe crimedawg?

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

This makes me feel a bit sorry for Gus, then I remember that he's getting millions of $$$ for being a mediocre coach.

Yeah, it’s hard to feel sorry for someone getting a $21M retirement package.  We should all be so lucky.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I know someone here said we lost Kirby because he wanted to coach the title game and Auburn said no. Regardless... Kirby learned from Nick, he knows you can’t reach his level of success without having 100% control. So until Auburn does that this cycle will continue to repeat every 6-8 years.

Yeah kind of how Ole Man Grimes only left to go coach with his son. Its the feel good family story. Just as Grimes was told he could take an off the field position because gus was going to hire herb hand, we missed Kirby because he wanted full control. Our boosters wouldnt give it, so Kirby said thanks but no thanks

3 minutes ago, dilligas said:
16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Somebody needs to tell yellawood to take his money and shove it up his arse.

This whole thing driven by Rane wanting to win a pissing match with Harbert. SMH

Archived