Hang tight guys ...

RunInRed

did coach boom not bring up a bunch of this a few years back? i cannot remember what he said but it was not flattering and i pretty much scratched him off my list but now it appears the money folks were interfering way back then. maybe it was something about he doubted he would ever be back because of things going on? someone help me out. i know jackson was considered a rat that got to attend all meetings until someone finally got him removed from that. it was like maybe jackson wanted to do some coaching himself but was not qualified. they said he was nothing but a distraction. anyway i had thought all that was over.............

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what was bo's roll in all this? that surprises me and hurts worse than the rest.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

This whole thing driven by Rane wanting to win a pissing match with Harbert. SMH

WDE or E said that Rane wanted Freeze but was quickly shot down by gogue who told him freeze was a "non-starter." 

If Rane wanted Freeze how could this be a Steele v Gus thing with Rane and Harbert?

Just now, aubiefifty said:

what was bo's roll in all this? that surprises me and hurts worse than the rest.

The thought was that Bo wanted to see Garner become the first black DC at Auburn

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

WDE or E said that Rane wanted Freeze but was quickly shot down by gogue who told him freeze was a "non-starter." 

If Rane wanted Freeze how could this be a Steele v Gus thing with Rane and Harbert?

Pick the one coach you know is an automatic non-starter and say that’s the one you want....knowing it won’t pass. Then fall back on “your guy”.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

Seems Bo wants Rodney Garner to be DC, and for that to happen KS needs to be HC.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We can certainly try. Dude committed the cardinal sin in the coaching fraternity. Leading a full blown mutiny against his boss with our dumbass boosters.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I think Rane wanted anybody but Gus because Gus was Harberts guy

Just now, cole256 said:

So nobody has a copy of the original post?

@tbone1430 does. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Pick the one coach you know is an automatic non-starter and say that’s the one you want....knowing it won’t pass. Then fall back on “your guy”.

I guess. But it is starting to sound like grasping to me

Just now, cole256 said:

He deleted it

From Twitter but may still have the post saved. 🤷🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

did coach boom not bring up a bunch of this a few years back? i cannot remember what he said but it was not flattering and i pretty much scratched him off my list but now it appears the money folks were interfering way back then. maybe it was something about he doubted he would ever be back because of things going on? someone help me out. i know jackson was considered a rat that got to attend all meetings until someone finally got him removed from that. it was like maybe jackson wanted to do some coaching himself but was not qualified. they said he was nothing but a distraction. anyway i had thought all that was over.............

When Champ left for Texas he referenced something similar 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

I guess. But it is starting to sound like grasping to me

That Rane would want to “support” the one coach that has literally already been shot down by the SEC at another school as his choice in order to make sure your guy ends up being the better choice? That’s not grasping. That’s stacking the deck.

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

That Rane would want to “support” the one coach that has literally already been shot down by the SEC at another school as his choice in order to make sure your guy ends up being the better choice? That’s not grasping. That’s stacking the deck.

I know. Im just saying all of this. I mean I can see it. Ive seen astonishing things in my days loving Auburn University. From a coach quitting midseason and still getting a buyout, to letting the Saban of swimming coaches leave, to hiring 5-19. Nothing would surprise me... But even through all that crap, I have a hard time believing we are THIS incompetent.

At any rate didnt the SEC say you can hire Freeze but expect the NCAA to set up camp in the AD?

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I know. Im just saying all of this. I mean I can see it. Ive seen astonishing things in my days loving Auburn University. From a coach quitting midseason and still getting a buyout, to letting the Saban of swimming coaches leave, to hiring 5-19. Nothing would surprise me... But even through all that crap, I have a hard time believing we are THIS incompetent.

At any rate didnt the SEC say you can hire Freeze but expect the NCAA to set up camp in the AD?

Man, I hear ya. I’m just trying to figure this all out myself.

I k ow I saw/read/heard somewhere that USCe tried and the SEC said “no”. I’m sorry I don’t have a link...

Archived