Hang tight guys ...

RunInRed

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ausburn2 said:

The men you keep calling names are good Auburn men. Auburn men not in the peanut gallery tossing peanuts at elephants.  Many leaks with no names attached and stories abound.  Somebody put a direct quoted first hand source on the record and you might have something.  All I see is quoted hear say.  It is good  for message boards traffic but is gossip at best.

I don’t doubt their love for Auburn and appreciate what they do. Unfortunately their egos leave them thinking that they know best despite (what really should be clear) evidence and, unfortunately experience, to the contrary. Support without demanding control or getting your way would show real love for the University. The BOT is supposed to set policy not make hiring and firing decisions. The disdain in the post seems right in line with their way of thinking

1 minute ago, Ausburn2 said:

Auf user @ClaytonAU joined in February 2014 and must be from Phenix City

I mean... joining this week and immediately defending the people that multiple respected people on this board and social media are calling out is a little different than being on the other side and being a regular member of the forum and posting a lot over 6 years. 

1 hour ago, Ausburn2 said:

The men you keep calling names are good Auburn men. Auburn men not in the peanut gallery tossing peanuts at elephants.  Many leaks with no names attached and stories abound.  Somebody put a direct quoted first hand source on the record and you might have something.  All I see is quoted hear say.  It is good  for message boards traffic but is gossip at best.

Nice post #7...

Just now, chimes said:

USCw I’m assuming? When was this and was it for the same position?

No, their AD position actually would give him some authority unlike Auburn. 

Just now, chimes said:

USCw I’m assuming? When was this and was it for the same position?

As far I know, yes, unless I’m confusing my USC’s 😂, but yes, same position as far as I’m aware

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Honestly, he needs to take a stand.  Hire who he wants and pay it out the AD's budget.

He takes a stand...loses all the big money for the foreseeable future (probably the rest of his tenure). Far easier said than done, I would think!

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I mean... joining this week and immediately defending the people that multiple respected people on this board and social media are calling out is a little different than being on the other side and being a regular member of the forum and posting a lot over 6 years. 

I’m from Columbus, btw

Just now, fredst said:

I don’t doubt their love for Auburn and appreciate what they do. Unfortunately their egos leave them thinking that they know best despite (what really should be clear) evidence and, unfortunately experience, to the contrary. Support without demanding control or getting your way would show real love for the University. The BOT is supposed to set policy not make hiring and firing decisions. The disdain in the post seems right in line with their way of thinking

We don't know their way of thinking.  We don't know how the committee thinks.  We only know what is leaked by whom or spun to meet a narrative.  All over a coach.

Just now, woodford said:

So we should hire the first black coach just to make him happy? Lmao ok 

I don’t care if I wasn’t alive during the 70’s, Auburn is more important than any one individual.

I guess you ignored the part about me saying I agree with you about the woke/broke comment. So now that we got the fact out of the way that you dont really pay attention ill just say Bo Jackson means more than you can fathom to Auburn University and IF he kept up with college football then I would absolutely care what he has to say about our coach. The fact is he does not. That fact makes him useless to this "committee." 

Im not arguing for Bo to be on the committee sham or not. 

But he has meant more to Auburn football than dare I say 90% of anyone who has ever stepped foot on campus. 

14 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

I can see how some could see it that way. RR comments reflect what Justin's tweets say.  Claims of conspiracies by Steele/Garner and Rane two years ago.  Conspiracies?  Aufamily forums have been conspiring longer than two years to remove Gus.  Read the threads.  So both groups of conspirators wanted Gus gone. Gus is gone.  One group wants one replacement and another group with other people's money wants another.

So now one group of conspirators is mad at the other because they didn't get their way.  

But one group isn't incestuous, self-important and completely out of touch from reality.

It's coming to the point where I almost want Steele hired, just so it can blow up in your group's face so horribly that this money bunch will be disassociated permanently. 

Just now, chimes said:

Touché 

BTW, hope I didn't sound like a smart@$$ to you. Just my sarcasm is spewing over this crap. 

19 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

I can see how some could see it that way. RR comments reflect what Justin's tweets say.  Claims of conspiracies by Steele/Garner and Rane two years ago.  Conspiracies?  Aufamily forums have been conspiring longer than two years to remove Gus.  Read the threads.  So both groups of conspirators wanted Gus gone. Gus is gone.  One group wants one replacement and another group with other people's money wants another.

So now one group of conspirators is mad at the other because they didn't get their way.  

Who do you want as the new head coach? 

4 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

We don't know their way of thinking.  We don't know how the committee thinks.  We only know what is leaked by whom or spun to meet a narrative.  All over a coach.

You keep saying this... It clearly does not mean what you think it means.

16 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

They only cronies I am hanging with are in this forum. Your one of them.

You seem to be throwing around a lot of words you don't understand. You called public message board members "conspirators" and "cronies". 

You can't really say "no u" when comparing the actions of a bunch of money drunk boosters and the average Auburn fan. 

7 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

All over a coach.

Can you name another person affiliated with Auburn that is consistently in the national spotlight as a representative of Auburn (ie not Tim Cook, most people don’t know he has any association with Auburn)? Like it or not or football HC and the proceedings around that job is THE face of Auburn University. You think all of this, whether true or not, (if there wasn’t at least a grain of truth this wouldn’t be a recurring theme at AU through the years) reflects well on AU?

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I guess you ignored the part about me saying I agree with you about the woke/broke comment. So now that we got the fact out of the way that you dont really pay attention ill just say Bo Jackson means more than you can fathom to Auburn University and IF he kept up with college football then I would absolutely care what he has to say about our coach. The fact is he does not. That fact makes him useless to this "committee." 

Im not arguing for Bo to be on the committee sham or not. 

But he has meant more to Auburn football than dare I say 90% of anyone who has ever stepped foot on campus. 

Doing a lot of scrolling on a Saturday night. You’re right. My bad on my part. 

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You seem to be throwing around a lot of words you don't understand. You called public message board members "conspirators" and "cronies". 

You can't really say "no u" when comparing the actions of a bunch of money drunk boosters and the average Auburn fan. 

image.png

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

So nobody has a copy of the original post?

I got you.  Check PMs.  Purposely not putting it out anywhere per request.

Archived