Hang tight guys ...

RunInRed

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

Very true, but if he’s been behind a 2-3 yr. plot to undermine Gus then he’s gotta go.  

Gus didnt need to be undermined by a 2 year plot. 

His coaching did it all on his own. 

If steele helped that along the way, c'est la vie

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOT should be ashamed. President gouge should be ashamed. These donors should be BANNED from all Auburn activities for 5+ years. Grow a pair and be a leader. This is awful

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Gus is irrelevant.  A coach undermining his head coach is relevant and to me it is unacceptable even if said Head Coach deserves to be fired.

11 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

If Steele helped along the way, then Malzahn's coaching didn't do it on its own.

For better or worse, you let a coach succeed or fail on his merits. You don't actively undermine him.

4 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Be careful when you bite the hands that feed you.

Thanks for the advice, Jimmy. I'll cash out my Yellawood Stock now.

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

If Steele helped along the way, then his coaching didn't do it on its own.

For better or worse, you let a coach succeed or fail on his merits. You don't actively undermine him.

Thinking of all those huge running lanes this year...we just forgot how to defend the run.

The information above really explains why AU can sustain success in College football . So many clowns involved in this . If Steele gets the job it will be extremely difficult to watch AU football and not think about how he got the job . Kevin Steele is not fit to be a HC at AU period..... 

7 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Gus is irrelevant.  A coach undermining his head coach is relevant and to me it is unacceptable even if said Head Coach deserves to be fired.

Clean. The. Friggin. House.

Just now, Ausburn2 said:

It is a privately held company.

Well, Jimmy. I guess you would know since it's your company.

2 minutes ago, dilligas said:

He is relevant. If not by name, by position. Instead of showing signs of moving forward for the future of the program, this reinforces the outside perception of how things are here and discourages any hope of drawing in a big time HC in this search or future searches. 

“hey come to auburn. We just spent $21 mil to fire a coach. And there was a 2 yr plot to out him. And he’s one of a handful to beat the top dog. And never had a 50/50 or losing season. And facilities? They aren’t on par. The coach we fired had pledged to invest $3mil of his money. Truuuuuust us. It’s a great gig.”

3 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

It is a privately held company.

Jimmy, if this is you, I despise you, your stupid ass commericials, your dumb ass yellow tryna be like Curious George cowboy hat, and everything you stand for.

If it's not you....well my point still stands.

2 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

He is relevant. If not by name, by position. Instead of showing signs of moving forward for the future of the program, this reinforces the outside perception of how things are here and discourages any hope of drawing in a big time HC in this search or future searches. 

“hey come to auburn. We just spent $21 mil to fire a coach. And there was a 2 yr plot to out him. And he’s one of a handful to beat the top dog. And never had a 50/50 or losing season. And facilities? They aren’t on par. The coach we fired had pledged to invest $3mil of his money. Truuuuuust us. It’s a great gig.”

This. 100%. Outta reactions but this. 

1 minute ago, kwagoner said:

Just to clarify my post, I was saying Gus is irrelevant as in it could have been any head coach and the acts of his subordinates undermining him is unacceptable.  FWIW I think very highly of Gus.

11 minutes ago, dilligas said:

You are the one who brought up Gus 😂

And a coordinator undermining a HC isnt exactly unheard of. 

Fact is we need a culture change. 

Gus NEEDED to go, as does the staff. Steele included. 

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Thinking of all those huge running lanes this year...we just forgot how to defend the run.

Did Steele throw the last few seasons in defensive recruiting to get Gus fired ? Did he purposely put the D in position to lose games ? If he has been doing this stuff behind folks backs it’s probably true 

Archived