Hang tight guys ...

RunInRed

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I am still very skeptical to the extent Steele undermined Gus. Slimy back room conversations are one thing.

But what, do you think he lost recruiting battles on purpose? So he could take over a bare cupboard? He threw games? If anybody looks like they were throwing games it was the offense.

Sabotaging Gus would be totally unnecessary. He sabotaged himself.

Don’t think he sabotaged at all. Just undermined. You can be doing that by simply saying this guy has no clue what he is doing underneath the scene and getting others to doubt you. Gus was an average coach so he didn’t help in that regard , but he should still respect him and it seems like that wasn’t the case

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Am I comfortable with what he is said to have done? Absolutely not. 

Am I comfortable with the PTB having SO much direct influence over the program? Absolutely not

Am I comfortable with gus being fired? I felt like it was an early Christmas present. Am I going to cry over spilled milk? Nope. It got the results I desired. 

Of course I feel the allegations are slimy and i hope the entire board is replaced if true. But again. It got the results I desired. And IF it means an end to the BS that goes on behind the scenes at Auburn? I will be glad it happened. 

However, IF is one of the biggest words in the dictionary...

Here's the problem: these shady, behind-the-scenes dealings cause uncertainty as to the real problems. The people that are responsible for hiring and firing have to know the good and bad of the program, and the real reasons for them. When you have coaches scheming against the head coach, that causes doubt as to how much of the problem sits with the head coach, and you create a schism that has led to the very power struggle we're watching unfold.

Without that doubt, it's possible that there would have been a stronger and earlier push to make a change. Steele doing what he did may well have been the cause of us having to wait longer.

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

This makes me feel a bit sorry for Gus, then I remember that he's getting millions of $$$ for being a mediocre coach.

I don’t. He needed to win and he should’ve been better at draining the sewer as well. I don’t think he did himself any favors with that contract as well, which seemed to be done with the support of minimal people. 

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Here's the problem: these shady, behind-the-scenes dealings cause uncertainty as to the real problems. The people that are responsible for hiring and firing have to know the good and bad of the program, and the real reasons for them. When you have coaches scheming against the head coach, that causes doubt as to how much of the problem sits with the head coach, and you create a schism that has led to the very power struggle we're watching unfold.

Without that doubt, it's possible that there would have been a stronger and earlier push to make a change. Steele doing what he did may well have been the cause of us having to wait longer.

This looks like the truth

32 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Thinking of all those huge running lanes this year...we just forgot how to defend the run.

No way. I can't believe it....

Is it?

10 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

How can Steele coach in our bowl game? If the kids find out about his stuff, it’s going to be chaos..

I wouldn't be surprised if we opt out the bowl game if the house is indeed burning down. 

20 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Jimmy, if this is you, I despise you, your stupid ass commericials, your dumb ass yellow tryna be like Curious George cowboy hat, and everything you stand for.

If it's not you....well my point still stands.

The men you keep calling names are good Auburn men. Auburn men not in the peanut gallery tossing peanuts at elephants.  Many leaks with no names attached and stories abound.  Somebody put a direct quoted first hand source on the record and you might have something.  All I see is quoted hear say.  It is good  for message boards traffic but is gossip at best.

1 minute ago, Ausburn2 said:

The men you keep calling names are good Auburn men. Auburn men not in the peanut gallery tossing peanuts at elephants.  Many leaks with no names attached and stories abound.  Somebody put a direct quoted first hand source on the record and you might have something.  All I see is quoted hear say.  It is good  for message boards traffic but is gossip at best.

People with credible sources and access to said sources won’t just throw names out. 

3 hours ago, dilligas said:

This all seems plausible to me, and does answer some questions about JABA.  It’s disgusting and shameful.  Let’s hope the fans can make enough #stopthesteele noise to shut this down.  Proud of Randy Campbell and Allen Greene.  The money men can take their riches elsewhere for all I care.  I’d rather have Gus and dignity than all this corruption.

AG was pretty much caught lying about applying for another AD job, that being said, I don’t blame him one bit for wanting to get out of this mess. He has no say anyway 

22 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I am still very skeptical to the extent Steele undermined Gus. Slimy back room conversations are one thing.

But what, do you think he lost recruiting battles on purpose? So he could take over a bare cupboard? He threw games? If anybody looks like they were throwing games it was the offense.

Sabotaging Gus would be totally unnecessary. He sabotaged himself.

How can you work in an environment, game planning, etc. when your DC was  actively working to ensure you failed, so he could get your job. You think it was just conversations? We are unaware if he blew calls, or schemed to make Auburn lose. Take the A&M game for example, I swear it looked as if he did nothing to try and plug their run game. If what was said about Steele is true, I feel confident it was not only conversations. He had to actively do some things to move the process forward. 

2 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Nope.  Just because you donate a lot of money doesn't make you a "good Auburn man".  Honestly, I'm freaking tired of the "good Auburn men" trope.  I just want good people running the shop.  And if they were good, then they'd let the AD do his damn job.

There's enough professional people putting their name and reputation on the line out there to understand that this is legit.  And I've been around long enough to have seen this before.  We damn near lost our accreditation while I was in school because of these "good Auburn men" you are here defending.

4 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Wow, It’s incredible some of the posters on here keep up with this kind of stuff. I was an AUburn student when the Plainsman published the “Speak Lowder” article that was blank because he wouldn’t agree to an interview and answer questions about his meddling. 

5 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

These names have been linked to bs for a decade, at least. I don’t need “first hand sources” to tell me what’s going on. If you think guys like rane and harbert are “good auburn men” just Bc of the “money” they’ve put into the university, then I really don’t know what to tell you.

Considering the player support that Gus seemed to have at the end, if there was some underhanded work by Kevin Steele and other people in power, there's going to be serious turmoil in the locker room between coaches and players going forward. 

11 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Oh **** off

6 minutes ago, KnowItAll said:

Would like to know the source on this.  I don't think there is one, btw.

Hey Harbert don't make burner accounts to try and defend yourself 

1 minute ago, AUTigerTime said:

Considering the player support that Gus seemed to have at the end, if there was some underhanded work by Kevin Steele and other people in power, there's going to be serious turmoil in the locker room between coaches and players going forward. 

Those coaches won't be here

22 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Apparently the word is that Gus caught wind of it, confronted them, they apologized, but continued to go behind his back. 

Gus even apparently went to Gouge a few weeks before he was fired about just this but Gus didnt have anyone in his corner by that time. 

29 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Was Gus aware that Steele and Garner were undermining him?  If so, he should have fired them publicly and named names of boosters or BOT involved.  Yes, it would have cost him his job but he would have gotten more respect and probably won a healthy law suit. 

He could say something now? There's nothing holding back if he cares about Auburn and his players

33 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Was Gus aware that Steele and Garner were undermining him?  If so, he should have fired them publicly and named names of boosters or BOT involved.  Yes, it would have cost him his job but he would have gotten more respect and probably won a healthy law suit. 

According to J Hopkinson on Twitter, he was and they apologized but kept on anyway.

Archived