AUSince72

NorthGATiger

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoke with him today. They're about to close on their new house and is working through his chemo routine. He's feeling "decent" and seems to be in a little better spirits.

On 12/20/2020 at 5:50 PM, NorthGATiger said:

With all that is going on right now please remember to say a prayer for 72 when you hit the pillow tonight.  We are all upset with coaching candidates and everything else right now but in the big picture it means nothing

Praying..

Prayers continue 72. Thank you for your witness Brother. 

Hey AU Fam.  Wow, thank you once again for the kindness.  Some of y'all blow me away with such kind words!  It truly it undeserved by me as any good I might do is to God's ultimate glory because without Him, I'm just a terrible sinful man going through hell before I get to hell.  Being redeemed through the blood of Christ makes you all see me through a better lens and I'm appreciative, thank you!

We are doing well, thank you!  We're clising on a house Monday and though I'm thankful for this little single-wide trailer we've been renting from family (it's at least been a good warm roof over our heads) it'll be nice to have a bit of space and a fireplace!!!  The girls have LOVED living near family in TN and I'm so grateful for all the cousins & aunts & uncles so at least they have plenty support regardless of what He has in store for my future.

I'm in between chemo rounds at the moment so feeling okay.  Unfortunately I'm never great but such is life...I'll take any victory The Lord allows.  At least I'm up here and not in the jungles of Florida, HALLELUJAH!!!!

To those faithful friends, thank you.  I love you!  May Christ be with you.  

To those names I don't recognize or don't know me, thank you so much for taking a moment to drop a kind word of support or prayer.  I appreciate that more than you know.  God bless you!

War Eagle!!

Nathan

Friends, please indulge me this one thing.

I'm going to ask a favor....

Some of you, perhaps many, have heard of the crowd-funded internet series called "The Chosen".  It is a 100% crowd-funded series that premiered around March of last year about the earliest days of Christ's ministry & the miracles He performed.  Also, it's about His choosing the first few of His 12 disciples.  It's a wonderful series (season 2 starting soon) and I honestly had many moments of balling like a baby.  The 1st episode's a bit slow but when the end hits you, it's like a bomb!!!  Though Jesus was perfect and without sin, it still shows His human side, ie: sense of humor and even wonder at seeing peoples' reactions to His miracles.  It's truly powerful!

Anyway, I know some will not care about it, and that's fine, but even if you're not a Christian, if you have an open mind, give the show a try.  It's a wonderful ministry in itself.

I hope I link this right, here's the app:  https://thechosen.link/1Y1R7

If not, just look up "The Chosen Livestream" on YouTube and you can watch all 8 episodes for free.  Just know there's English subtitles for those hard of hearing.

I hope y'all give the series a try and it ministers to you.

Thanks for the indulgence & God bless!

Great to hear from you 72!   Glad to hear things are going ok.   Keeping you in my prayers!

Yes!!!!   “The Chosen” is amazing!!!  I’ve seen it twice already.  I can’t wait to watch season 2!

It’s great to hear from you Nathan!  I’m glad you are doing OK and the family is so supportive. You know we are family too. We may not be there physically supporting you but please know you and yours are always in our Prayers. 

Thank You for the suggestion. I will for sure watch it. 
Continuing to pray for you ‘72.🙏🙏. Hope you are enjoying the fireplace in your new home today. I bet it is chilly in Tennessee today. We have ours going today for the first time. Take care and God Bless You!!

On 1/6/2021 at 8:13 PM, bigbird said:

Spoke with him today. They're about to close on their new house and is working through his chemo routine. He's feeling "decent" and seems to be in a little better spirits.

That’s great!

6 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Hey AU Fam.  Wow, thank you once again for the kindness.  Some of y'all blow me away with such kind words!  It truly it undeserved by me as any good I might do is to God's ultimate glory because without Him, I'm just a terrible sinful man going through hell before I get to hell.  Being redeemed through the blood of Christ makes you all see me through a better lens and I'm appreciative, thank you!

We are doing well, thank you!  We're clising on a house Monday and though I'm thankful for this little single-wide trailer we've been renting from family (it's at least been a good warm roof over our heads) it'll be nice to have a bit of space and a fireplace!!!  The girls have LOVED living near family in TN and I'm so grateful for all the cousins & aunts & uncles so at least they have plenty support regardless of what He has in store for my future.

I'm in between chemo rounds at the moment so feeling okay.  Unfortunately I'm never great but such is life...I'll take any victory The Lord allows.  At least I'm up here and not in the jungles of Florida, HALLELUJAH!!!!

To those names I don't recognize or don't know me, thank you so much for taking a moment to drop a kind word of support or prayer.  I appreciate that more than you know.  God bless you!

War Eagle!!

Nathan

Miss ya bud, place ain't the same without ya

6 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

War Eagle!!

Nathan

Prayers man. I miss my mom and once treatments started she never really had another good day. I'm thankful we keep getting to hear from you and you got to see the coaching change!

Stay positive and as active as you're able. Have all the conversations you can about everything important. Not that you probably haven't already.

If I could redo something I would have liked to interview my mom when she was really well still. It's nice to have video of someone's voice and maybe even could have asked her for words of wisdom for my future children. 

Don't know man just rambling.

War Eagle and God bless 

4 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Miss ya bud, place ain't the same without ya

Beyond my dealing with the obvious, I just didn't follow the football season so really has nothing to add.  However, with the coaching change and some of the new hires (plus keeping Caddy) I'm pretty excited about Auburn football moving forward.  As long as The Good Lord kepos me alive & kicking and there's the possibility of me being around for the '21 season, I might post some more of my infinite wisdom.....okay, even I can't keep a straight face......as long as my health allows.

Probably won't be in the next 2-3 weeks as Tues I resume my chemo treatment and I rarely have thoughts beyond "where's my bed" while on it.

But again, I appreciate the kind words!

God bless brother!

I hear ya bud, had an uncle go through it and was a rough go for him. I feel your pain. Hopefully all these recent events have lifted your spirits regarding our football team. Wde

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Prayers man. I miss my mom and once treatments started she never really had another good day. I'm thankful we keep getting to hear from you and you got to see the coaching change!

Stay positive and as active as you're able. Have all the conversations you can about everything important. Not that you probably haven't already.

If I could redo something I would have liked to interview my mom when she was really well still. It's nice to have video of someone's voice and maybe even could have asked her for words of wisdom for my future children. 

Don't know man just rambling.

War Eagle and God bless 

Zeek, I think of your Mom and pray for you and yours.  I hear what your saying but the key is that she knew you were there for her and loved her.  I know you miss her and wish you had more time with her but every moment you had was a blessing.  

I've actually been putting together a "legacy" for my family in the form of my Christian thoughts and things I'd like them to know, so when I'm gone up to the arms of Jesus, I hope & pray they'll seek Him too.

God bless brother!

I lost my Brother in June. Healthiest guy I knew. Worked in his yard. Went inside and sat in his recliner with a cup of coffee   Massive heart attack and he was gone. One of my greatest blessings is KNOWING that he is with our Lord. That knowledge has saved me from some dark days. Prayers continue for you and your family my Brother. 

30 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

chemo treatment

are they still using oxaliplatin in your "vitamin" drop?......Stuff saved my life, but the side effects show back up

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

I lost my Brother in June. Healthiest guy I knew. Worked in his yard. Went inside and sat in his recliner with a cup of coffee   Massive heart attack and he was gone. One of my greatest blessings is KNOWING that he is with our Lord. That knowledge has saved me from some dark days. Prayers continue for you and your family my Brother. 

I remember you telling us earlier.  I hate that, knowing your loss.  But I gave a love emoji because there's nothing more comforting than KNOWING the Lord will embrace us after this life and show us a life beyond our dreams!

God bless Tim!

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

are they still using oxaliplatin in your "vitamin" drop?......Stuff saved my life, but the side effects show back up

No, I did all the platinum I could take when I did my first chemo.  They tore me up.  I have such bad neuropathy and other issues, they won't put me back on those again.

I'm on a "last gasp" chemo called lonsurf.  It's not much more than an extend your life treatment.  My liver is too messed up right now for them to try anything experimental so it's what I have.

However, we're praying for a miracle and we're going to try an alternative treatment, which I guess all of us cancer patients do eventually LOL! 

Bottom line, it doesn't matter what Drs or experts say, The Lord often waits until just the right time and BLAMMO!! It's all to demonstrate His glory.

And IF my time is almost done here, at least I've been able to prepare my family with a new car & house, and getting them with family.....and I can ask for no more blessing for me, than that.  

To HIM be all the glory!!!

You're attitude is amazing. We all like to believe we would have the same attitude if faced with the same circumstances, but we will never know unless that circumstance appears. I greatly admire the way you have prepared for your family to have a home and be near family and for you to have eternity with the Lord in the case He calls you home.

People often ask what the purpose of life is. One answer is to prepare for eternity. You have prepared wisely.

Please know that you are being prayed for. 

I'm a long-time reader of this web site, but joined only a couple days ago.  Wish you very well AUsince72.

Archived