AUSince72

NorthGATiger

12 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

You're attitude is amazing. We all like to believe we would have the same attitude if faced with the same circumstances, but we will never know unless that circumstance appears. I greatly admire the way you have prepared for your family to have a home and be near family and for you to have eternity with the Lord in the case He calls you home.

People often ask what the purpose of life is. One answer is to prepare for eternity. You have prepared wisely.

Please know that you are being prayed for. 

Thank you TigerTale.  I thank you for the kind words.

Just, anyone who is reading this thread, please know I am not this strong saintly guy at all, I promise.  I'm as rotten & sinful as they come.  

This is ALL the work of The Lord.  He has shown me favor, for some reason...I'll never know...but all of this is beyond my capability.  The Holy Spirit is working through me and I'm merely a testament to what happens if you accept Christ's free gift of Grace.  I laid my problems at His feet and have been so blessed ever since!!!

I don't wish my condition on my worst enemy but the result of salvation I pray for ALL of you!!  It's wonderful.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I'm a long-time reader of this web site, but joined only a couple days ago.  Wish you very well AUsince72.

I appreciate you using one of your very first posts to support me.  Mighty kind of you.

Welcome to the Family Max!

Praying for you just now. May God CONTINUE to use you as a testament of His amazing love and grace. You may not be aware of just how many lives you are touching. Continue to lean on Him. Much love my Brother in Christ. 

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Friends, please indulge me this one thing.

I'm going to ask a favor....

Some of you, perhaps many, have heard of the crowd-funded internet series called "The Chosen".  It is a 100% crowd-funded series that premiered around March of last year about the earliest days of Christ's ministry & the miracles He performed.  Also, it's about His choosing the first few of His 12 disciples.  It's a wonderful series (season 2 starting soon) and I honestly had many moments of balling like a baby.  The 1st episode's a bit slow but when the end hits you, it's like a bomb!!!  Though Jesus was perfect and without sin, it still shows His human side, ie: sense of humor and even wonder at seeing peoples' reactions to His miracles.  It's truly powerful!

Anyway, I know some will not care about it, and that's fine, but even if you're not a Christian, if you have an open mind, give the show a try.  It's a wonderful ministry in itself.

I hope I link this right, here's the app:  https://thechosen.link/1Y1R7

If not, just look up "The Chosen Livestream" on YouTube and you can watch all 8 episodes for free.  Just know there's English subtitles for those hard of hearing.

I hope y'all give the series a try and it ministers to you.

Thanks for the indulgence & God bless!

I watched it a while back. It’s really good!

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

PM me you new address,if you don't mind

Done, sir.

You should PM me and let's talk. I could tell you all my different stuff on here. I'm sure at least one tear would be shed in laughter!

Prayers sent 72. I only noticed this thread a few minutes ago and just read through it.  I have to admit I shed a few just reading the thread. The older I get, the more my emotions are mush. 

Thinking about you 72, and hoping you get to enjoy the heck of of your new home. 

14 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Prayers sent 72. I only noticed this thread a few minutes ago and just read through it.  I have to admit I shed a few just reading the thread. The older I get, the more my emotions are mush. 

Thinking about you 72, and hoping you get to enjoy the heck of of your new home. 

Me too.

Also the deeper into my faith I get the more I cry but it's so often tears of joy.

Funny, I was saved & baptised years ago but never had those tears I would see people crying in church.  I used to pray for it, I wanted to feel what they feel...  

Then back in May, I've told this story before, The Holy Spirit washed over me during some crazy times and I've often been a blubbering mess ever since.  But again, often it's tears of joy.  You should see my watching "The Chosen" and trying to compose myself. LOL!

Still praying for you. I have had to deal with a lot in my family also. Middle daughter diagnosed with cervical cancer but after chemo she is cancer free. Lost two cousins to Covid. Have a son-in-law with Covid now on a ventilator in a Florida hospital. Thankfully they were/all strong Christians like you. 

7 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Still praying for you. I have had to deal with a lot in my family also. Middle daughter diagnosed with cervical cancer but after chemo she is cancer free. Lost two cousins to Covid. Have a son-in-law with Covid now on a ventilator in a Florida hospital. Thankfully they were/all strong Christians like you. 

I'm sorry for your losses & other tough issues but I'm glad to hear y'all are people of faith.

It's amazing the peace one has, regardless of circumstances, when Christ is in their heart!

God bless brother!

35 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm sorry for your losses & other tough issues but I'm glad to hear y'all are people of faith.

It's amazing the peace one has, regardless of circumstances, when Christ is in their heart!

God bless brother!

PM me again.............I have not gotten it

18 minutes ago, chizhead said:

PM me again.............I have not gotten it

Sent!

20 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

No, I did all the platinum I could take when I did my first chemo.  They tore me up.  I have such bad neuropathy and other issues, they won't put me back on those again.

The stuff had been studied for exactly 26 months for side effects when they gave it to me. I was one of the guinea pigs for big pharma. The success rate is undeniable, and I am not bitching, but what I was told was not the truth. The side effects did subside to a tolerable level, but they came back after 5-6 years and continue to get worse as I age. I have hardly any feeling in my fingers and you know what happens to the feet. My balance is not good which is why I had to give up fishing,matter of fact, I fell again yesterday. I know you know about the memory and hearing issues, and it caused an autoimmune disorder that is ruining my joints( although the kidneys have not been affected) The radiation from the colo-rectal cure caused my prostate cancer. As I told you before, I did not expect to live past a couple of years. Wow, just realized that this past Friday was 15 years since the surgery, which was the longest surgery ever done at that hospital. I have no idea what it did to my liver and probably don't want to know. Oxaliplatin is some bad stuff but I do have a love/hate relationship with it

42 minutes ago, chizhead said:

The stuff had been studied for exactly 26 months for side effects when they gave it to me. I was one of the guinea pigs for big pharma. The success rate is undeniable, and I am not bitching, but what I was told was not the truth. The side effects did subside to a tolerable level, but they came back after 5-6 years and continue to get worse as I age. I have hardly any feeling in my fingers and you know what happens to the feet. My balance is not good which is why I had to give up fishing,matter of fact, I fell again yesterday. I know you know about the memory and hearing issues, and it caused an autoimmune disorder that is ruining my joints( although the kidneys have not been affected) The radiation from the colo-rectal cure caused my prostate cancer. As I told you before, I did not expect to live past a couple of years. Wow, just realized that this past Friday was 15 years since the surgery, which was the longest surgery ever done at that hospital. I have no idea what it did to my liver and probably don't want to know. Oxaliplatin is some bad stuff but I do have a love/hate relationship with it

Yes, I know all you're saying...we definitely are brothers in side effects LOL. ...not that it's funny.

I've given up so much just to stay alive. Used to love golf but gave my clubs to my Dad.  I just found out at Thanksgiving, when we drove to Ft Payne to visit my family that he feels guilty and wouldn't use them.  Shame cuz they're a nice set.  I had to assure him it's okay and he finally used them a couple weeks ago.  Which is extra good because he has his own heart & breathing issues so the fact he could play is a blessing.

When still in FL, I had to give up the beach because I can't be in the sun very long.  Living 30 mins from 30 beaches and not being able to go....well you understand why I grew to have such disdain for living in FL.

Can't run and play with my girls, can't go hiking... Lately I've had to pretty much give up driving.  I CAN in a pinch, but up here with all the ups & downs & hollers and dipsy doos, on my meds I can get sick easy.

Anyway, I guess I'm venting a bit now (we all need to sometimes) so I'm sorry.  That's why I splurged and got a 65" 4K TV cuz I can still watch TV like a champ.  Unfortunately it's still going to be a week or so before I can get it set up because there's other priorities with the move in.  No biggie except when your life might be down to weeks or even days, a week is a long time LOL!  Oh well....

Bottom line, I feel like once we move in, I'll have served my purpose for my family.  So anything beyond that is miraculous gravy!!!! (BAND NAME) So I'm not complaining, I promise.  Whether I get yo enjoy the new home for very long or not, I know that Jesus has the perfect place for me in heaven so either way is win-win!!!

If you'll use that tv as a computer monitor, I can give a neat,safe place to watch the pay channels for free IF you have a really good internet service. No malware,viruses or ads. DSL will not support it since it went to all HD instead of standard. A guy gave to us and I had all of my virus/malware programs on at the same time and absolutely nothing has come up. It might get taken down at any time but he has been using it to watch the NFL for two seasons,though

53 minutes ago, chizhead said:

If you'll use that tv as a computer monitor, I can give a neat,safe place to watch the pay channels for free IF you have a really good internet service. No malware,viruses or ads. DSL will not support it since it went to all HD instead of standard. A guy gave to us and I had all of my virus/malware programs on at the same time and absolutely nothing has come up. It might get taken down at any time but he has been using it to watch the NFL for two seasons, though

Nice!  We'll have Xfinity high speed when set-up so speed won't be a problem.

As an aside, funny story (now that it's almost over).... We've been in a single wide trailer in the boonies since Nov 1st.  In a valley surrounded by ridges with no cable or "good" internet access.  So we bought an antenna and get a whopping 4 channels.  We have Viasat satellite for internet and it's supposed to be 25 mbps but we've been getting 10% of that.

Our girls will truly be able to tell others "I remember when we only got 4 channels and there was no internet" HAHAHA!

Continue to pray for you daily as well 72; I'm glad the move went well and your getting situated in Tennessee. It's hard to believe it has almost been 2 years since I lost my wife to cancer (February), but I thank God that he gave me 20 extra years after she was 1st diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She would always tell me God's got this, and she truly believed it ; the only time she wavered was the day they told us at the hospital that there was nothing else they could do. She came home with a hospice bed and a wheel chair & used it for about 3 days, then she was in a walker for a few days & then she was walking around with nothing; toughest women I'VE EVER SEEN. Keep the faith brother, GOD's got this,

4 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Continue to pray for you daily as well 72; I'm glad the move went well and your getting situated in Tennessee. It's hard to believe it has almost been 2 years since I lost my wife to cancer (February), but I thank God that he gave me 20 extra years after she was 1st diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She would always tell me God's got this, and she truly believed it ; the only time she wavered was the day they told us at the hospital that there was nothing else they could do. She came home with a hospice bed and a wheel chair & used it for about 3 days, then she was in a walker for a few days & then she was walking around with nothing; toughest women I'VE EVER SEEN. Keep the faith brother, GOD's got this,

God bless you & your wife's soul Masters.  Wow, sounds like a woman I'd have loved to meet.  VERY inspirational!

Alright, this'll be my last night posting for at least the next 2-3 weeks.  I know, big whoop!!! 😎 

I start my next 2 weeks of chemo tomorrow.  Please pray for His miracle!!

Oh, and we closed on our house today! 🎉🎈🎊

God is so good!!

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Alright, this'll be my last night posting for at least the next 2-3 weeks.  I know, big whoop!!! 😎 

I start my next 2 weeks of chemo tomorrow.  Please pray for His miracle!!

Oh, and we closed on our house today! 🎉🎈🎊

God is so good!!

Prayers for you brother . God is so good 

Extra prayers tonight, Nathan.  God will get you through these next few weeks.  I pray He allows it to be easier than it has been.  I pray you get Gouda rest.  And I pray the chemo will hold that nasty cancer at bay.  I pray in the precious name of Jesus.  Amen!

(While "Gouda rest" sounds delicious, I meant good rest!!! haha)

Archived