UPDATED: Napier withdraws

WarEagle1982

Billy Napier has emerged as the front-runner for the Auburn job, according to a report Monday morning from Phillip Marshall of Auburn Undercover.

FootballScoop has also been told that Napier’s interview with Auburn brass went well.

Napier is 27-11 in three seasons as the head coach at Louisiana. He led the Ragin’ Cajuns to Sun Belt West titles in 2018 and ’19 and a Sun Belt co-championship, plus a win over Big 12 runner-up Iowa State, this fall.

https://footballscoop.com/news/report-new-leader-in-the-clubhouse-for-auburn-job/

Baylor targeting Louisiana's Billy Napier to replace Rhule | The Capital  Sports Report

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • RunInRed changed the title to PM/247: Napier offered job

It’s in the search thread for a while now.

Napier is a fine selection. I hope two things: One, he is hired. Two, before accepting the job, he made it clear that he and he alone will select his coaching staff. All current assistants to be relieved of their duties. If Napier happens to want any of them, he can hire them back.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Napier is a fine selection. I hope two things: One, he is hired. Two, before accepting the job, he made it clear that he and he alone will select his coaching staff. All current assistants to be relieved of their duties. If Napier happens to want any of them, he can hire them back.

This can’t be stressed enough. Auburn needs this, for the sake of the program.

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

Napier would appear to be a dynamite hire. Does anyone know if he is known as an offensive or defensive minded coach?

o   guy. he recruited some of bama's receivers and won recruiter of the year at bama

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Napier would appear to be a dynamite hire. Does anyone know if he is known as an offensive or defensive minded coach?

He is more of an O guy

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Bingo!

9 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Offensive.  

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

@Mikeyspeaking the truth!!!

2 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

@Mikeyspeaking the truth!!!

Hey, I've agreed with Mikey more in the last 8 days than ever in my many years on this board.  Shocking how he has emerged as my favorite poster during the last week.  :dead:

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Guess the earth shattering guy disappeared?

There was no earth shattering guy. If it were he would be getting the gig 

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Guess the earth shattering guy disappeared?

Depends on which site you read. Das Bunker says this is the pro steel folks move since KS is off the table. A small faction thinks they can get a bigger fish...that is still in play.

46 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Excellent post, I agree 100%

Why would an article come out that Napier was offered the job without instantly a press conference that he was owe new coach?  If he was offered wouldn’t he have the first right of refusal?  At that point Auburn would be waiting to continue their search until Napier makes up his mind.  This is ridiculous. Who would leak a story like this?

If he was offered, don’t let him off the phone/zoom until he makes up his mind or don’t label it as being offered. 

Archived