UPDATED: Napier withdraws

WarEagle1982

I can understand if no press conference yet because his current team plays in less than a week in the bowl,  but I think they could still announce if he accepts. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I can understand if no press conference yet because his current team plays in less than a week in the bowl,  but I think they could still announce if he accepts. 

Then why even mention he was offered.  If he was his current team now knows.  It actually put Napier in a bad position.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why would an article come out that Napier was offered the job without instantly a press conference that he was owe new coach?  If he was offered wouldn’t he have the first right of refusal?  At that point Auburn would be waiting to continue their search until Napier makes up his mind.  This is ridiculous. Who would leak a story like this?

If he was offered, don’t let him off the phone/zoom until he makes up his mind or don’t label it as being offered. 

Exactly

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Then why even mention he was offered.  If he was his current team now knows.  It actually put Napier in a bad position.

Which is why we miss out on a lot of things.  People don't let them play out before getting trigger happy. 

14 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

What is the deal with the title?

it is either clickbait or perhaps nap wants to let his team know first before publicly admitting he has excepted the job?

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is either clickbait or perhaps nap wants to let his team know first before publicly admitting he has excepted the job?

Unless he told them last night, it is too late with the this title.  The article didn’t say he was offered, just the front runner.  That is my issue with people saying he was offered.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Unless he told them last night, it is too late with the this title.  The article didn’t say he was offered, just the front runner.  That is my issue with people saying he was offered.

i understand. somewhere on facebook there is an article saying he is the guy so who the hell knows?lol i tried finding it to possibly post it here but to no avail.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Every thread I have clicked on that has reports from PM. Has had the same questions in it. Makes me wonder if he isn’t in on the coup. FTR, why is this info out there has me scratching my head too. And how or why in the F was Sarks contract demands put out before he was even interviewed. Both reported by PM. I don’t know who leaked the Tony Elliot info, but dont  want to know. Cuz if I were to see that that was put out by PM. I would be right back to that dark place I was before I saw this title. Lol

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

Man if Napier turns us down we're in deep s***.

It'll confirm that we are now on the same level as the Mississippi schools, since I'm pretty sure he turned down Moo State.

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

It'll confirm that we are now on the same level as the Mississippi schools, since I'm pretty sure he turned down Moo State.

Don't know why ya'll are going down this road.  If he turned us down it would be b/c we gave him a **** offer.

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Anything is possible. It might not be the job or area he wants to move up to. Could me he doesn't want to go up against Saban and try to win the West. Who knows...Maybe it's the offer itself? Maybe it's all a guess?

Just because we offer doesn't mean every coach would jump at it....

7 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Every thread I have clicked on that has reports from PM. Has had the same questions in it. Makes me wonder if he isn’t in on the coup. FTR, why is this info out there has me scratching my head too. And how or why in the F was Sarks contract demands put out before he was even interviewed. Both reported by PM. I don’t know who leaked the Tony Elliot info, but dont  want to know. Cuz if I were to see that that was put out by PM. I would be right back to that dark place I was before I saw this title. Lol

I posted in another thread that it seems we are trying to screw this up like we did the MC negotiations. One has to wonder?

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

The original thread title was something like "New Front Runner Emerges." The site owner/admin "RiR" changed the title to "Napier offered the job" a few minutes after the thread was created. I'm sure he (or she?) wants clicks, but doesn't need to create false/misleading thread titles to get them. I agree, however, that the thread title is incongruent with the PM article blurb referenced, as it doesn't say that he was "offered."

3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Lower.  We've been turned down and they already have better coaches.  

13 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Napier is fine. I'll believe a PM story when pigs fly however.

PM has been around so long. He could definitely be pushing the old narrative that most on this site fear. This would fit the scenario that I put out in the early pages of the coaches thread. Say around page 50ish. Everybody tells us no. Then KS is the best available. So you are 100% correct in both your sentences!!  If this is true it would be great, but truth and PM reporting is an oxymoron. 

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Anything is possible. It might not be the job or area he wants to move up to. Could me he doesn't want to go up against Saban and try to win the West. Who knows...Maybe it's the offer itself? Maybe it's all a guess?

Just because we offer doesn't mean every coach would jump at it....

I don't think the competition against Saban will turn him away. He was quoted once, stating, "This is a ruthless, cutthroat thing, college football. It’s fun." I want someone with that mentality.

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

The original thread title was something like "New Front Runner Emerges." The site owner/admin "RiR" changed the title to "Napier offered the job" a few minutes after the thread was created. I'm sure he (or she?) wants clicks, but doesn't need to create false/misleading thread titles to get them. I agree, however, that the thread title is incongruent with the PM article blurb referenced, as it doesn't say that he was "offered."

rir is the owner of aufam from what i understand so i doubt he was doing it for clicks because he does not do that sort of thing in all the years i have been here. shrugs

Chill folks ... I could careless about clicks ... PM reported, "He is expected to be offered the job." ... I have adjusted the title accordingly.

It's a premium article but here's the link ...

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Billy-Napier-jumps-to-the-front-in-Auburn-coach-search-college-football-replacement-Gus-Malzahn-157519626/

• RunInRed changed the title to PM/247: Napier is *EXPECTED* to be offered job
13 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

We’ve played for 2 NCs, 3 SEC titles and beaten Bama 4 times in the last 10 years. Even with our dysfunctional leadership, we’re not close to being like the Mississippi schools. 

6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Chill folks ... I could careless about clicks ... PM reported, "He is expected to be offered the job." ... I have adjusted the title accordingly.

It's a premium article but here's the link ...

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Billy-Napier-jumps-to-the-front-in-Auburn-coach-search-college-football-replacement-Gus-Malzahn-157519626/

Thanks RIR..hope that AU can make this happen and fast!

Archived