UPDATED: Napier withdraws

WarEagle1982

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JeriahAU said:

Didn't Kiffin reach out and say he wanted the job? Wouldn't he be a better hire than Napier?

Why would kiffen reach out? Nobody knows the truth

So somebody is disliking every post saying that the coach coming in should be able to hire his own staff without interference from the money people lol 🧐

bill clark is a damn good football coach. he is a winner and he has done some great things at uab with suspect talent. i am not sure what kind of recruiter he is. anyway i wanted anp and i bet they were going to make him take steele and others. but who kows........

This is an absolute embarrassment. The fact that a SBC coach turns down a top 15 coaching job tells you exactly what is going on at Auburn University 

Just now, DAG said:

Why would kiffen reach out? Nobody knows the truth

Nobody knows anything. Nobody. 
Also why would Napier interview for the job where he would make substantially more in the Sec and then say No? Jaba. 

Just now, tigers23 said:

This is an absolute embarrassment. The fact that a SBC coach turns down a top 15 coaching job tells you exactly what is going on at Auburn University 

It is stunning. 

image.gif

Just came to the board when I saw that tweet about him declining the job--had the same thoughts. Something about the offer or the situation turned him away.

I would have been optimistic about him, and I agree we should take this as a bad sign about the program. If Auburn thinks it's too good a job not to put stipulations on candidates, we really do have problems.

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Nobody knows anything. Nobody. 
Also why would Napier interview for the job where he would make substantially more in the Sec and then say No? Jaba. 

Yeah. He seems like a no nonsense type of guy and if he can't get control he will be willing to just pass it up. He is a hot commodity.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

would not be surprised now to see Bill Clark here with CKS as some type of AHC.

Sigh, this is depressing. I don’t see any way you can keep Steele on staff after all this mess.

what has neal brown done since leaving troy? i have my doubts about him but it seems he has not done great in big boy ball but maybe he has not had time to get good recruits?

1 minute ago, JeriahAU said:

Didn't Kiffin reach out and say he wanted the job? Wouldn't he be a better hire than Napier?

Kiffin is a good play caller but a wandering soul. He’s loyal only to himself, and restless. I hope he gets nowhere near Auburn. All just my humble opinion. 

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Listening on Jox, basically saying no coach wants to deal with auburns politics. Napier turned it down because of that. What a crap show. 

Once people realize this and stop having the wool over their eyes, maybe things will hit them hard enough to cause a change.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

bill clark is a damn good football coach. he is a winner and he has done some great things at uab with suspect talent. i am not sure what kind of recruiter he is. anyway i wanted anp and i bet they were going to make him take steele and others. but who kows........

Clark forced to take a bunch of former Auburn players as coaches in training is probably going to be less effective than even Malzahn.

29 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

There it is. Of course they won't. The whole damn world knows, and has known it for a long, long time. And STILL these people don't have a shred of self awareness of how they are perceived. SMH.....

2 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

There it is. Of course they won't. The whole damn world knows, and has known it for a long, long time. And STILL these people don't have a shred of self awareness of they are perceived. SMH.....

We get what we deserve. 

Archived