UPDATED: Napier withdraws

WarEagle1982

Alabama- Nick Saban- Previous Power 5 head coach

Georgia- Kirby Smart-Previous Power 5 coordinator

LSU- Ed Orgeron- Previous P5 Coordinator and interim Head coach (also HC of OM)

Florida- Dan Mullen- Previous P5 head coach and coordinator

Texas A&M- Jimbo Fisher- Previous P5 Head coach

These are the “haves”, we are hiring as if we are a “have not”. Our record will reflect that. The Urban and Dabos are rare

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some seriously dramatic posters in this thread.   It is looking like a cross between a  preteen girl's  birthday party going to a Justin Bieber concert and an  old lady's bridge club gossip room..  Yeah,  lot's of this news SUCKS,  but there is no reason to get all hyper and dramatic about it.   Man up and move on.     

JGT:

Latest on Napier:

We’re told he pulled his name from consideration after he was offered limited flexibility on staff hires. Napier wanted full authority. It’s a ballsy move for a younger coach, but he’s not your normal young coach. His pedigree is outstanding and he also has that trailblazer attitude.

He’s the kind of guy who walks when he’s seen enough. He’s heard the chatter about Auburn’s political treachery, saw it with his own eyes with the staff edict and said: Nope, I’m good.

Interesting twist to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Jones Field said:

JGT:

Latest on Napier:

We’re told he pulled his name from consideration after he was offered limited flexibility on staff hires. Napier wanted full authority. It’s a ballsy move for a younger coach, but he’s not your normal young coach. His pedigree is outstanding and he also has that trailblazer attitude.

He’s the kind of guy who walks when he’s seen enough. He’s heard the chatter about Auburn’s political treachery, saw it with his own eyes with the staff edict and said: Nope, I’m good.

This is absolute bs. Screw the PTB man. I’m sorry, anybody that doesn’t see a problem with that, idk what to tell you. 

4 minutes ago, Jones Field said:

JGT:

Latest on Napier:

JABA.

What a bunch of morons.

JGT:

Latest on Napier:

Smart man. I like him even more now. 

JGT:

Latest on Napier:

Young or old? Who the hell wants to come here without unlimited authority. They are the manager of the dang team. You are going to tell this man who to hire?

JGT:

Latest on Napier:

When is this ever going to change? It’s like keep putting your hand on a hot stove eye and don’t know why your hand keeps getting burned. 🤦🏼‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Jones Field said:

JGT:

Latest on Napier:

Tells me that he was the right guy for the job.

Just now, Sully to Beasley said:

Why do these clowns interview for jobs that they ultimately don't take??? Napier and company can kiss it. We will find a great coach in spite of this clown show we have been forced to watch unfold.

That's what you do. I've done it several times. You interview to see if it fits, and if it doesn't, you walk. 

What clown for take a job where the circumstances aren't right?

2 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Why do these clowns interview for jobs that they ultimately don't take??? Napier and company can kiss it. We will find a great coach in spite of this clown show we have been forced to watch unfold.

Garbage take 

10 minutes ago, Jones Field said:

JGT:

Latest on Napier:

Awesome!  This just affirms what I have been thinking all along.....that I should spend my Fall Saturdays enjoying the incredible fishing   

I would very clearly explain to Jimmy Rane and the ptb that their true worth isn't in how much money they give, but in what their contributions bring to Auburn.

Jimmy Rane's contributions couldn't even bring in Louisiana's head coach. So is there any point to taking his money??? Why keep a structural model that can't even bring in the head coach of UL LAFAYETTE?!? 

7 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Wrong.  This doesn't reflect poorly on Napier, just the opposite,  it reflects poorly on Auburn, and the s***-show that is Auburn athletics.  No HC should be made to hire who the boosters want.  No coach should have their hands tied like that.

9 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I posted this in a previous thread, but it makes a ton of sense.

Basically, I was talking to a USCe fan and Napier pulled his name from contention there, because he wanted $5m and full autonomy with HIS staff making top 5% in their field.

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Smart man. I like him even more no

5 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

But we hired the clowns and it’s our show, Napier walked out on the bad act. 

2 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Awesome!  This just affirms what I have been thinking all along.....that I should spend my Fall Saturdays enjoying the incredible fishing   

I listened on the radio while fishing this year. First time I haven’t watched the games in 15 years

16 minutes ago, Jones Field said:

JGT:

Latest on Napier:

Smart guy. Boosters would hate him and undermine him as well. He’ll probably take the LSU job in 22 or 23

11 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

No we aint 

Can’t blame Napier for pulling his name one bit.  Auburn will look back and regret this.  

Can’t understand how Auburn (ptb) wants to win but won’t be hands off and let a coach win. 

Archived