UPDATED: Napier withdraws

WarEagle1982

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I would very clearly explain to Jimmy Rane and the ptb that their true worth isn't in how much money they give, but in what their contributions bring to Auburn.

Jimmy Rane's contributions couldn't even bring in Louisiana's head coach. So is there any point to taking his money??? Why keep a structural model that can't even bring in the head coach of UL LAFAYETTE?!? 

Painfully true. Now THAT is the ego killer we need tbh

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Why do these clowns interview for jobs that they ultimately don't take??? Napier and company can kiss it. We will find a great coach in spite of this clown show we have been forced to watch unfold.

Uhhh, because they don't like the conditions of the offer??? :dunno:

39 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

what has neal brown done since leaving troy? i have my doubts about him but it seems he has not done great in big boy ball but maybe he has not had time to get good recruits?

Nothing lol. And that’s one of our top remaining guys

Just now, homersapien said:

Uhhh, because they don't like the conditions of the offer??? :dunno:

If you make the conditions bad enough for the ones you don't want, you can pare it down to just the one guy you want.  Maybe the fix is still in?

Smart move on his part. How on earth can the PTB see Saban ruling top to bottom with an iron fist and not think that's the way we should be. 

Winning big has a cost. It's not easy, and the process isn't fun. We have to commit or continue to be passed by. 

1 hour ago, woodford said:

LMAO if this is true then this school is a joke. 

I been trying to tell people around here this for years. Until Auburn gets out of its own way this will continue. No one can reach the pinnacle here as long as that old regime is in place. This man worked for Saban and Dabo, he knows what is needed to consistently succeed and Auburn is not offering any of that to a coach. Settle in for another few years of mediocrity boys and girls.

well there is still the guy at cincinnati unless auburn is not interested.........

and if steele is out as head coach does he stay? does he apologize to the auburn fans? and how many years does he need to get his alabama state retirement? i wonder if he screwed himself on that or is auburn going to be forgiving of him and let him coach or give him an office job to get his retirement? so many questions......

At this point, we should have just kept Gus because it's clear you can insert whatever name you want on the head coach's desk, the ceiling at Auburn will always be kept artificially low. 

The only way Napier does not take the job is if he is not allowed to run the program as he pleases. He was not giving that ability and so the next coach will not be given the freedom to run his team like he wants. I hate it so much for this team and school that I love. We could not get out of our own way. We had the chance to raise Auburn to new heights. But those heights will not be reached by a puppet of a coach. Auburn is headed to the wasteland of college football. The tubs and Gus years are going to be our golden age. I’m literally sick at my stomach as I start to understand the sickness that is our athletic department. 

I will forever hope that AU is successful. It’s going to be hard for me to pull for this team in the near future. Our school is sick and it’s going to take some really hard years to purge the sickness

• RunInRed changed the title to UPDATED: Napier withdraws

Media reports on Napier today range from "Auburn was interested" to "Auburn offered", basically citing each other as sources or unnamed sources. Come on people.

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Or because Auburn is ran by a bunch of clowns who want to micromanage everything. 

I swear to God if we get stuck with Bill Clark

Gonna be missing Gus soon

When Sark and Napier turn you down maybe give on some of this? It won't happen but I'm praying Auburn crawls to Napier and changes their mind. I was so hyped.

The fat cats like Jimmy Rane won't regret anything. He and others love the power that they have. Auburn is a house of cards. Some day that house will come falling down and the BOT's will come down too.

I'm sick to my stomach over this one.  Napier was who I wanted very badly.  Young guy, had great background, players love him, and he gets the most of out the talent he has on his roster, something Auburn has sorely been lacking under Malzahn.  Oh well, like many others have said on this topic, this is what happens at Auburn.  Every. Stinking. Time!  

2 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I hate to say it, I hope everyone transfers out to go to some place better for them. This is a clown show.

Can’t say I could blame them if they did

21 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Gonna be missing Gus soon

Both Gene Chizic and Malzhan were told who to hire when they became HC.  It’s why they ultimately failed.  The PTB felt they had a pretty good run and felt it was time to move on from Gus with their guy.  This is nothing new, it seems, about Auburn.  It just got exposed this time and it’s about time.  JMO>

Here's where real, and only real change can be forced upon these micromanaging egomaniacs:

1) Intense public pressure by the fan base (it's worked a little so far).

2) Immediately stop ALL football related donations.

3) Immediately cancel football tickets.

4) Half the football team enters the transfer portal.

5) The football program sinks into the abyss with a continuous downward spiral, losing season after losing season.

6) The BOT's good ole boys finally get their politically connected rear ends kicked out.

You see. Napier is a forward thinking, big picture guy on the order of a Saban. EVERYTHING you can imagine has structure, and every single detail is planned out to the nth degree.  Read the SI article on him to understand the breadth and depth of what this guy has done there. It is truly next level stuff. Could Auburn support all of what he does at ULL? I don't know.

What I do know, is NO established coach worth their weight will agree to having members of a previous staff forced upon him, without his evaluation, input, and final say so.

1 hour ago, Auhud08 said:

Alabama- Nick Saban- Previous Power 5 head coach

Georgia- Kirby Smart-Previous Power 5 coordinator

LSU- Ed Orgeron- Previous P5 Coordinator and interim Head coach (also HC of OM)

Florida- Dan Mullen- Previous P5 head coach and coordinator

Texas A&M- Jimbo Fisher- Previous P5 Head coach

These are the “haves”, we are hiring as if we are a “have not”. Our record will reflect that. The Urban and Dabos are rare

Correction, Auburn is interviewing as if they are the "haves" and are obviously dictating certain stipulations to the candidates.....the candidates are declining Auburn offers as if we are the "have not's."

When a dang Sunbelt HC says not thanks to Auburn University, then someone on this interview/hiring committee think too much of Auburn.  You don't place stipulations on the candidate in the initial interview, and leave the candidate wondering who the hell will be his boss.  

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Young or old? Who the hell wants to come here without unlimited authority. They are the manager of the dang team. You are going to tell this man who to hire?

I bet they demanded he keep KS. No incoming coach worth his dignity would agree to that now.

Archived