UPDATED: Napier withdraws

WarEagle1982

12 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Here's where real, and only real change can be forced upon these micromanaging egomaniacs:

1) Intense public pressure by the fan base (it's worked a little so far).

2) Immediately stop ALL football related donations.

3) Immediately cancel football tickets.

4) Half the football team enters the transfer portal.

5) The football program sinks into the abyss with a continuous downward spiral, losing season after losing season.

6) The BOT's good ole boys finally get their politically connected rear ends kicked out.

You see. Napier is a forward thinking, big picture guy on the order of a Saban. EVERYTHING you can imagine has structure, and every single detail is planned out to the nth degree.  Read the SI article on him to understand the breadth and depth of what this guy has done there. It is truly next level stuff. Could Auburn support all of what he does at ULL? I don't know.

What I do know, is NO established coach worth their weight will agree to having members of a previous staff forced upon him, without his evaluation, input, and final say so.

Yep. Auburn is going to have to rock bottom to change.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Why do these clowns interview for jobs that they ultimately don't take??? Napier and company can kiss it. We will find a great coach in spite of this clown show we have been forced to watch unfold.

Are you serious?  He's a Sunbelt HC that received an interview with a top SEC program (top 15 in the country), he knew he'd be offered a triple/quadruple the salary at Auburn.  He was likely very interested in getting an SEC HC job at a place like Auburn.  During that interview, someone (Tim Jackson/Allen Greene/Bo Jackson????) told Napier that He wouldn't have complete control of His own team OR the building of His own freaking staff. 

Now you say Napier can kiss it?  I think Mario Cristobal and Billy Napier told Auburn to kiss it.  They wanted no part of these control freaks at Auburn who honestly think they know more about coaching college football than the candidates they're interviewing.

Two very good candidates have turned Auburn down while this clown show continues to unfold. 

13 minutes ago, keesler said:

When a dang Sunbelt HC says not thanks to Auburn University, then someone on this interview/hiring committee think too much of Auburn.  You don't place stipulations on the candidate in the initial interview, and leave the candidate wondering who the hell will be his boss.  

^^^This^^^

7 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

It's starting to feel like Tennessee around here......

Whenever you're ready, just say the word and I'll start a 'Gruden to Auburn' thread. 

33 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I hate to say it, I hope everyone transfers out to go to some place better for them. This is a clown show.

They will now.  Especially with the new transfer rule.  Open season now for us with recruits and players. 

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Are you serious?  He's a Sunbelt HC that received an interview with a top SEC program (top 15 in the country), he knew he'd be offered a triple/quadruple the salary at Auburn.  He was likely very interested in getting an SEC HC job at a place like Auburn.  During that interview, someone (Tim Jackson/Allen Greene/Bo Jackson????) told Napier that He wouldn't have complete control of His own team OR the building of His own freaking staff. 

Now you say Napier can kiss it?  I think Mario Cristobal and Billy Napier told Auburn to kiss it.  They wanted no part of these control freaks at Auburn who honestly think they know more about coaching college football than the candidates they're interviewing.

Two very good candidates have turned Auburn down while this clown show continues to unfold. 

Yep, we are not who we think we are. We are in for a long road ahead 

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

At this point, we should have just kept Gus because it's clear you can insert whatever name you want on the head coach's desk, the ceiling at Auburn will always be kept artificially low. 

Think back to Tim Jackson's role in the Gene Chizik regime, then the PTB telling Gus who he could hire, etc.  Now we see how some of these same power folks (tim jackson on the committee) are treating this coaching search.  Some men simply won't be dictated to and told how they have to run their program or build their staff.  

here is the thing. who in their right mind would allow a couple of backstabbers on their coaching staff when the knuckle heads already stabbed another coach in the back. and i bet right now down the road it will come out steele and garner did it out of love for auburn or something like that.

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Don't know why ya'll are going down this road.  If he turned us down it would be b/c we gave him a **** offer.

My guess is that we gave him an attractive financial offer with the stipulation that he retain certain staff members. As any coach worth having would do, he told us thanks but no thanks.

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

Think back to Tim Jackson's role in the Gene Chizik regime, then the PTB telling Gus who he could hire, etc.  Now we see how some of these same power folks (tim jackson on the committee) are treating this coaching search.  Some men simply won't be dictated to and told how they have to run their program or build their staff.  

Tim Jackson thinks he's Jerry Jones

Hearing from some friends on the Bunker that Bill Clark will be the next HC. Press Conference at 4:30. Don't shoot the messenger if it's not true.

Edit: He apparently also agreed to keep  Steele and Garner.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Well Jerry Jones isn't exactly a awe inspiring architect himself. How bout them Hogs and them Cowboys?

footballscoop.com

Update on Auburn's coaching search

John Brice

auburnswagger.jpg?resize=630%2C420&ssl=1

Auburn’s search for a new football coach is bringing in another name into the Tigers’ interview and vetting process: UAB coach Bill Clark.

Multiple sources late Saturday night told FootballScoop that Clark had emerged as “someone of significant interest” as the Tigers’ administration has continued to seek the right replacement for the fired Gus Malzahn.

Clark’s been a proven winner and garnered national attention for his work atop a UAB program that just a few years ago was shuttered. The Blazers on Saturday captured the Conference USA title at Marshall to wrap up their regular season at 6-3. It’s the program’s second C-USA title in the past three years, all under Clark’s tutelage, since UAB reinstated football in 2017.

4 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Hearing from some friends on the Bunker that Bill Clark will be the next HC. Press Conference at 4:30. Don't shoot the messenger if it's not true.

Whelp... there ya go

its all over boys

Man, this is getting more frustrating by the minute!!!!   Cristobal and Napier were my top 2 any way!  Elliot was probably third on “my list”

I think the “committee” is telling candidates who they have to keep on staff and who will be “calling the shots”.  And so these candidates are telling them where they can shove it.  No coach worth a dog fart is going to want to come here.  Even in spite of what AU pays!😡
Oh well, we still have a basketball team to support.....

.....for now!🤦‍♂️😰

8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Well Jerry Jones isn't exactly a awe inspiring architect himself. How bout them Hogs and them Cowboys?

Most overrated person in American sports. PEROID. 

At least we know more about how this disfunctional coaching game is played at AU.     The PTB allow assistant coaches that want to stay cozy up to them and become political sticks to whack the next HC candidate with when they interview.   The potential HC realizes that he's immediately 2nd fiddle to some of the assistants so he runs like the wind away from this nonsense.     We'll know who the best politickers are when you see who's retained.

13 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Man, this is getting more frustrating by the minute!!!!   Cristobal and Napier were my top 2 any way!  Elliot was probably third on “my list”

I think the “committee” is telling candidates who they have to keep on staff and who will be “calling the shots”.  And so these candidates are telling them where they can shove it.  No coach worth a dog fart is going to want to come here.  Even in spite of what AU pays!😡
Oh well, we still have a basketball team to support.....

.....for now!🤦‍♂️😰

Exactly. What we are doing, we're working our way down the list of candidates until we get so far down that we hit on one that will allow the PTB to dictate to hm. Very sad and disappointing.

35 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I had the same thought. These boosters fancy themselves like a Jerry Jones/Al Davis. They believe themselves the smartest guys in the room and by damn they’re going to prove it with the drought of championships.  Those damned Patriots and Steelers that have allowed the football people to run the operations have just been lucky to win those 6 championships apiece. Just like bama, Clemson, osu should allow their boosters to be more autocratic with their programs. Then they’d really be competitive and win some games. 

29 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

That's the point

44 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Awful 

Archived