UPDATED: Napier withdraws

WarEagle1982

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many the things.... A good coach won’t let someone dictate their staff. EXCEPT Suppose you’re a Sun Belt coach making very good money. Then Auburn offers you 16 or 20 million—and you’ve just gone from doing quite well to being set. We shouldn’t judge either reaction.

EXCLUSIVE!!!

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

JBoy says that Sark never interviewed. Said he turned down an interview as well. 

He's smart and after he saw Cristobal & Napier back out, he knew he wanted no part of this type "leadership" pushing their weight around. 

Dang, I have to quit clicking on this thread.  I get my hopes up that there is something new being reported, something positive.  The BP just spikes each time I thing about this crap.  It is a situationally normal, FUBAR.

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

EXCLUSIVE!!!

Lol, I heard hillbilly, minnesota and a splash of cajun in there at one point.

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We’ve played for 2 NCs, 3 SEC titles and beaten Bama 4 times in the last 10 years. Even with our dysfunctional leadership, we’re not close to being like the Mississippi schools. 

Certainly something to be proud of!! 🤔 And if you look at the Head coaches in that time. maybe the dysfunctional leadership is not that bad after all....that was a joke, or was it??  I’m not defending any of there actions so y’all dont go there with me. I want what’s best for AU. Seems to me when you step back and look at the big picture as stated above.  They must be on the same page. 

18 hours ago, BizTiger said:

Napier must be banking on that LSU job opening up next year

LSU football would never hire a Louisiana coach, no matter how much sense it would make to do so.  It would be beneath them, at least in their own arrogant minds.

4 minutes ago, wcware said:

Is this a "PTL" or are you raising your hand? Either way it's pretty funny!

15 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

One of the power brokers has a lot of weight to throw around.

Yessir! He's a 325 pounder

Apparently Auburn offered full automony to all candidates, but said no to Napier and Sark's extreme salary and/or buyout demands. These guys basically took themselves out.

5 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Apparently Auburn offered full automony to all candidates, but said no to Napier and Sark's extreme salary and/or buyout demands. These guys basically took themselves out.

I hope that’s true.

9 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

I do believe that as time goes on, the true story will be seen, and all the crap that was spewed about the coaching search was just others trying to bash Auburn and put us in a negative light.

8 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

There are definitely conflicting reports about this, and it makes sense that Auburn would refute earlier reports that Napier was told his hiring power would be limited. 

There are just some folks who would never be satisfied with who Auburn hired unless it was their favorite candidate. 

Give Harsin a chance. Dude can flat out coach, and he has that fire we've been looking for. 

Archived