If you thought we were pissed about KS ...

RunInRed

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RunInRed said:

Totally anarchy if you hire Bill Clark.  Tread carefully.

What are you hearing in the insider circle, man?! We need your leadership here! It’s complete and utter chaos. @Zeekkilled a guy with a trident!

Why do people dislike Bill Clark?  Lack of experience at a high level?  Some personality flaw?  What’s the deal?  I’m not advocating for him but would like to know why he’s a hard no for so many.

He is a hardcore bammer. Steered players awy from AU and created a pipeline to Tuscaloosa, along with publicly disrespecting AU and tearing up letters to his high school players from AU

i second that.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Why do people dislike Bill Clark?  Lack of experience at a high level?  Some personality flaw?  What’s the deal?  I’m not advocating for him but would like to know why he’s a hard no for so many.

just not very exciting. What makes him a local legend, are traits that lead you to a fan favorite guy with a clearly defined ceiling. E.g, a Matt Luke from Ole Miss. Seems like many people are relying on the transitive property of building UAB into a high-mid tier G5 team into building Auburn out of their high middle bracket. I don't see that occurring 

I'd completely prefer Clark over Steele. He built UAB, one of the worst programs in the group of 5, into a decent program. After they basically got the death penalty, he rebuilt the program from nothing, and they are winning conference championships down there now. I'm not convinced he's an upgrade from Gus (and I'm not convinced any of the coaches still in play are.), but I trust him a lot more than I'd trust Kevin Steele. 

Plus, he HAS to hate UAT. It was basically their move that got the football program shut down.  

Just now, AUFriction said:

I'd completely prefer Clark over Steele. He built UAB, one of the worst programs in the group of 5, into a decent program. After they basically got the death penalty, he rebuilt the program from nothing, and they are winning conference championships down there now. I'm not convinced he's an upgrade from Gus, but I trust him a lot more than I'd trust Kevin Steele. 

Plus, he HAS to hate UAT. It was basically their move that got the football program shut down.  

I too would prefer Clark over Steele. However, they did not get the death penalty. The NCAA gave him a TON of help.

Just now, AUwent said:

I too would prefer Clark over Steele. However, they did not get the death penalty. The NCAA gave him a TON of help.

Taking that program from non-existing to a conference championship in 2 years is impressive, regardless of how much help he got. 

The steering players to Bama is old butt hurt sour grapes with no basis whatsover. Some people just feel empowered pretending to know something others don't. We can do better than clark, napier, steele blah blah but this posting rumors as fact is getting real old.

Just now, aucanucktiger said:

The steering players to Bama is old butt hurt sour grapes with no basis whatsover. Some people just feel empowered pretending to know something others don't. We can do better than clark, napier, steele blah blah but this posting rumors as fact is getting real old.

Yeah, I'm sure Napier said some bad things about us when he was at UAT, and Venables has too.

20 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Total anarchy if you hire Bill Clark.  Tread carefully.

See my comments on the Bill Clark thread.... why the animosity and antipathy?

4 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Taking that program from non-existing to a conference championship in 2 years is impressive, regardless of how much help he got. 

To be fair back around 2017-18 there WERE people here wanting us to hire him. I was not one of them because of that help he got.

16 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Sounds like he's done an impressive job at UAB. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.

He's as good as any to steal these fools' money.

Get an enormous buyout coach! and let them dictate anything they want!

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

To be fair back around 2017-18 there WERE people here wanting us to hire him. I was not one of them because of that help he got.

What's this help you are all talking about?

25 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Total anarchy if you hire Bill Clark.  Tread carefully.

I can understand peoples reservations on Clark basically since he’s never recruited at this level but hiring Steele as HC would’ve been so much more of a **** move. I’ll take a younger, hungry coach wanting to prove himself at the P5 level who has won every where he has been over a man who would probably retire soon Every time.

Archived