If you thought we were pissed about KS ...

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

What's this help you are all talking about?

The NCAA allowed him to take a whole caboodle of transfers, IIRC. He was not starting from scratch like Forrest Gregg was at SMU in '89.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not convinced he would take the job if offered judging by what has haooenned so far. Seriously who is left in the board that would actually take the job. It really feels like Steele is our guy. Please tell me im wrong.

I’m at the point no matter who we hire a % or fans won’t be happy at least initially. I see gripes about every single candidate put forth. 

42 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Total anarchy if you hire Bill Clark.  Tread carefully.

To be clear, is he the fallback position of the PTB after they could no longer easily force Steele through?

I look at Bill Clark and see he was a winner at the high school level, winner at Jax St in the short time he was there, and winner at UAB.  I’ve actually started watching UAB games since they’ve started winning just to see how the team plays.  I’m in sales so I generally think If I’ve been successful with selling one thing I probably can be successful sealing something else.  He’s doing something right and at this point I’d be willing to see if he can keep it up.  Probably get him half what you were paying Gus and load up on good staff.  If he doesn’t stick then it’s still better than Steele.

38 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Why do people dislike Bill Clark?  Lack of experience at a high level?  Some personality flaw?  What’s the deal?  I’m not advocating for him but would like to know why he’s a hard no for so many.

Can you imagine sending Clark into a recruits living room following Saban, Smart, Orgeron etc? Hes a nice story for UAB who would land with a thud at AU.

1 minute ago, CR said:

Can you imagine sending Clark into a recruits living room following Saban, Smart, Orgeron etc? Hes a nice story for UAB who would land with a thud at AU.

I don’t know enough about the guy to know if that’s a bad thing or not.  

25 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I look at Bill Clark and see he was a winner at the high school level, winner at Jax St in the short time he was there, and winner at UAB.  I’ve actually started watching UAB games since they’ve started winning just to see how the team plays.  I’m in sales so I generally think If I’ve been successful with selling one thing I probably can be successful sealing something else.  He’s doing something right and at this point I’d be willing to see if he can keep it up.  Probably get him half what you were paying Gus and load up on good staff.  If he doesn’t stick then it’s still better than Steele.

Bingo!

If this whole debacle has taught me one thing, it's to ignore the supposed insiders here that "have a finger on the pulse." Bunch of self-defeating masochists. 

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

I'd completely prefer Clark over Steele. He built UAB, one of the worst programs in the group of 5, into a decent program. After they basically got the death penalty, he rebuilt the program from nothing, and they are winning conference championships down there now. I'm not convinced he's an upgrade from Gus (and I'm not convinced any of the coaches still in play are.), but I trust him a lot more than I'd trust Kevin Steele. 

Plus, he HAS to hate UAT. It was basically their move that got the football program shut down.  

Crimson blood runs deep, brother..

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

He is a hardcore bammer. Steered players awy from AU and created a pipeline to Tuscaloosa, along with publicly disrespecting AU and tearing up letters to his high school players from AU

If you think Bill Clark is a bammer, after the University of Alabama literally killed his program and put him out of a job, for no reason other than mild success... well, I'll just say that's not too logical. 

The biggest upside to Clark is I imagine he'd hate the tide more than any other candidate.

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Total anarchy if you hire Bill Clark.  Tread carefully.

Bro you have got to come forward with some type of advice on how we can help change this situation. 

Otherwise it's tortuous to read this stuff. Contact alumni association to organize a boycott? Social media campaign to oust the BOT? We need practical means.

And before anyone says anything, YES, social media has proven time and time again a grassroots campaign can swell into a viral, powerful movement overnight.

There's no need to be needlessly cryptic. It's annoying. If you have something to say, do so. I don't care to hear you guys make yourselves sound deep and mysterious in this shitshow. Explain why. Put it out there. RiR, you already fired a major shot and hilariously and uselessly deleted it even though it's never going away at this point. 

17 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Bingo!

Like a certain successful, legendary Arkansas hs coach. Success at every level he was at and was good enough to average 4 losses a year and get stroked by our rivals. Yea! Let’s try that again I’m sure it’ll work this time. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

RiR, you already fired a major shot and hilariously and uselessly deleted it even though it's never going away at this point. 

That was the point, genius

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I can understand peoples reservations on Clark basically since he’s never recruited at this level but hiring Steele as HC would’ve been so much more of a **** move. I’ll take a younger, hungry coach wanting to prove himself at the P5 level who has won every where he has been over a man who would probably retire soon Every time.

Here’s my thing, based on things that have been said, if we hire Clark it will be the same as hiring Steele. Will basically have said “I’ve agreed to do the PTB’s bidding” instead of putting his own stamp on the program. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

There's no need to be needlessly cryptic. It's annoying. If you have something to say, do so. I don't care to hear you guys make yourselves sound deep and mysterious in this shitshow. Explain why. Put it out there. RiR, you already fired a major shot and hilariously and uselessly deleted it even though it's never going away at this point. 

Hey AUDub, if you don't like the way things are run around here, I suggest you ... find another place?  And if you need help, I'm more than happy to oblige ...

Just now, bigbird said:

That was the point, genius

Then why delete it. It's stupid. It's posturing. Just leave it up. Everyone knows. Everyone was always going to. 

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

If you think Bill Clark is a bammer, after the University of Alabama literally killed his program and put him out of a job, for no reason other than mild success... well, I'll just say that's not too logical. 

The biggest upside to Clark is I imagine he'd hate the tide more than any other candidate.

Eh I’ve heard different. He has a high disdain for AU, from things I’ve read. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Then why delete it. It's stupid. It's posturing. Just leave it up. Everyone knows. Everyone was always going to. 

Bc he owns a site, he knows people, more higher up people than most people on this site know. I’m sure he got things from people (you should probably delete that) given who he knows. It’s pretty simple 

4 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Hey AUDub, if you don't like the way things are run around here, I suggest you find another place?  And if you need help, I'm more than happy to oblige ...

Red, I've been a poster here for a decade now. I've 20,000ish posts now, and have never been anything but respectful to you. What you just suggested is utterly shameful and you should be embarrassed.

If you are so self-important that being called on it stings, then it's you who needs some self-examination, not me.

Archived