Two names I’d keep your eyes on

RunInRed

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Regardless what you’re seeing reported:

Sark

Mario

Things have changed.  Let’s see if ADAG can pull this off.

Oh, sweet heaven, please, please, please!!

Thank you RunInRed.

I want Cristobal.  He’s been my #1 from the beginning.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Why did I think Mario signed his contract ? Sounds like a major legal battle ? Especially if there is a buyout increase 

Sorry I had a long day.  My brain is a little foggy.   I thought MC signed already also,  is there a new rumor or news to make you question it?

a legal battle for us? or between MC and Oregon BOT?

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why did I think Mario signed his contract ? Sounds like a major legal battle ? Especially if there is a buyout increase 

You just answered your own question.  There is a buyout 

If AG can pull a rabbit out of this poophole we find ourselves in,  it will be a Christmas day miracle. I want Sarkisian or Kiffen but I will support MC. Give the new coach control and incentives. Please for the love of all things Auburn make it happen captain!!

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

If AG can deliver either of those in this dark hour he should have a statue built in his honor. 

I’ll chip in even if he doesn’t pull this off. Best I can tell, the man is a saint for dealing with this train wreck, and if he perseveres it’s quite possible he’s sold at least some of the PTB on getting out of the way.  

So this has been THE botched search of all time by the AU Scrooge McDucks and to recoup, we send in AG to pick up the pieces and save the day? Out or desperation? Was it some kind of bizzarro bargaining? Is this how these things go?

I’m not doubting the new info, but can we really recover from the perceived (and reported) missteps with the candidates?

just asking for a little pepto after the rollercoaster ride. I realize now these are all rhetorical questions...

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/auburnwire.usatoday.com/2020/12/17/mario-cristobal-signs-new-contract-with-oregon/amp/

This is all I can find about him signing his contract, but if you read the article, it only says he AGREED to the new contract. The buyout increases from $8 million to $9 million, which isn’t a deal breaker in the grand scheme of things.

25 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Sorry I had a long day.  My brain is a little foggy.   I thought MC signed already also,  is there a new rumor or news to make you question it?

a legal battle for us? or between MC and Oregon BOT?

It appears MC agreed to the new contract.  Has he signed it IDK.  Remember Jimbo Fisher was aTm coach for like five months without having signed his new contract

13 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

It appears MC agreed to the new contract.  Has he signed it IDK.  Remember Jimbo Fisher was aTm coach for like five months without having signed his new contract

Thanks.   there were "reports" he signed that seemed credible to me at the time..    not that it makes a difference other than it costing us more to buy him out.

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

I thought Mario was a 5hit choice two weeks ago. After today I’m praying for him. 

I know more than a few shared your opinion, but it seems to me he understands that the game is won in the trenches.  If his philosophy is what I think it is, we’d have kick ass linemen on both sides of the ball.  That’s where good things start.  

3 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I know more than a few shared your opinion, but it seems to me he understands that the game is won in the trenches.  If his philosophy is what I think it is, we’d have kick ass linemen on both sides of the ball.  That’s where good things start.  

No doubt about it. That’s what we have lacked when we have lacked. 

All I’m saying too: Nick Saban was 56 yrs old when he took the job at Bama. Urban Meyer is 56 right now 👀

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Leaked video of Allen Greene vs the Money Men (I pray)

20b4bd9d32b00eac9c5c59b15e3294b3.gif

Problem is Hogan lost that match. In fact he never beat the Undertaker. If our boosters are Taker we are in trouble.

I doubt Mario has signed a new contract already. It was stated in a previous posting of an article that Oregon was also working on increases for his staff and that was important to MC. These things take some time as we have seen in the past at Auburn. He probably won't sign it until all of those coaches are taken care of first. There's time to do this deal if both sides want it done. 

5 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

Because it’s a stupid plan if it was a “plan” like you’re suggesting. Why let Steele get trashed, why all the committees and drama. 

stay quiet, have the guy picked out BEFORE you fire the $22 million dollar man. 

I have 100% belief the BOT and boosters thought they knew what was best and have screwed this up, and are backtracking at Usain Bolts speed.

Do you not recall the huge amounts of crap that surrounded the program around Jetgate when we tried to secure the next coach while the current coach is still employed?   I’m not a fan of our current situation either, but it seems a little underhanded to start negotiations with the next coach while you still have a current coach.  

6 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Regardless what you’re seeing reported:

Sark

Mario

Things have changed.  Let’s see if ADAG can pull this off.

I had trouble sleeping last night due to worrying about this shitshow. I wake up to this. Don't build me up buttercup. I am not a happy camper rright now

3 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Oh, I believe him but its Auburn. JABA remember? The unique ability to screw things up?

No doubt. Only thing we can pray for is the BOT are self aware to all this negative press. Doubt it though. 

6 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Was thinking the same, I’ve been meh on sark, but if the two to keep an eye on are Mario and sark with AG leading the charge, I’m pumped.

And there you have it.  It was the ingenius plot all along.  To make the announcement go from this:

999804_10151977075472221_1894070424_n.jpg

To THIS!!!

article-2516334-19BF70FE00000578-455_308x185.jpg

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

And there you have it.  It was the ingenius plot all along.  To make the announcement go from this:

999804_10151977075472221_1894070424_n.jpg

To THIS!!!

article-2516334-19BF70FE00000578-455_308x185.jpg

Hey Bro' !! I think about you all of the time. I never thought they would screw things up like this, not even JABA!...Keep fightin' man

13 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Hey Bro' !! I think about you all of the time. I never thought they would screw things up like this, not even JABA!...Keep fightin' man

Hey brother Chiz!  I appreciate that!  Been feeling fairly decent the last couple days and have finding the forum rather fun again.

(Aside: Chiz has a heart of gold y'all, but I didn't tell anybody, shhhh.....)

Yeah, there's so much JABA going on it's like a veiled attempt to cover up actual competence with outward tomfoolery so as to step back in the end and go "TADAAAAAA".  I really don't know what to believe anymore.

But if ADAG really has grown a pair, told the PTB to "take this job and....", and is going out in a blaze of glory by getting MC to sign (not just as a candidate with 50/50 support, but now as if the 2nd coming of Saban) he may very well become the mayor of Auburn too!  HAHA

God bless, brother!

Man I hope he is right but whatever happens this time please give me about thirty seconds to lube up before you make an announcement. I'm going to the store today will post up my grocery list later on. 

Archived