Two names I’d keep your eyes on

RunInRed

8 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Regardless what you’re seeing reported:

Sark

Mario

Things have changed.  Let’s see if ADAG can pull this off.

Keep thtowing $#it at the wall see what sticks.

Turned Auburn Down

Cristobol, Sark, Napier, Clark, Venables, Elliot, and the janitor in the dining hall.

Wanting Job

???????????????????

Thank you PTB maybe one day you can remove heads from asses.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

And there you have it.  It was the ingenius plot all along.  To make the announcement go from this:

999804_10151977075472221_1894070424_n.jpg

To THIS!!!

article-2516334-19BF70FE00000578-455_308x185.jpg

Good morning, Auburn brother! Prayers for you continue!

With all the headlines of coaches no longer on the table, it appears that the PTB released Gus and assumed that they could reduce the cost by forcing the retention of existing staff. I can’t think of many other reasons for coaches to turn away from the opportunity unless they are forced into a no win situation.

come to Auburn where will pay you million not to coach in 3 years. 

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

what if this was the plan all along and we fell for all of the hogwash. 

If the plan was to let things play out the way they have.....I have less hope for Auburn than I ever have, lol

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I will not get sucked back in!

This reminds me of back when I was a child and my mama was hooked on soap operas. Just hang on day after day

6 minutes ago, chizhead said:

This reminds me of back when I was a child and my mama was hooked on soap operas. Just hang on day after day

Yours too? My mother literally watched 4 different ones and was 4 weeks behind on every one of them. She recorded them everyday!

6 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Hey nothing wrong with a little All My Children

I mean i was really curious where they planned to go after getting rejected by UAB and ULL head coaches. Seems like a very hard sell going back to the same coaches that already said no thanks but i don't know what option they had. Maybe we won't have to suffer through years of terrible football for the boosters to be told to f*** off

22 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Stefano DiMera controls the BOT.

I did a little research. I think that this probably was the plan all along. It turns out that “Allen Greene” is just an alias. Our ADs real name: Rube Goldberg

I’m still all in for Kiffin.  I still think he’s the best choice to turn our pathetic offense into a juggernaut, bring in the top recruits and agitate Saban.  We could have a real rivalry again.  

10 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Regardless what you’re seeing reported:

Sark

Mario

Things have changed.  Let’s see if ADAG can pull this off.

Things have changed? As much as I'd like to be optimistic (though for me, these are really not my preferred candidates), I read "things have changed" and I wonder if that can really be the case. What would have changed? I don't mean the offers of money and so on. I mean what would have changed as far as Auburn and the meddling powers that be? Suddenly everyone decides to put egos asode, work together and pull in the same direction? That would be a first.

I expect that the thing that gets in the way for some candidates boils down to realities that a lot of AU fans don't see. I get that it's not popular to say these kinds of things with respect to Gus Malzahn but an outsider sees a coach with eight seasons, no losing records, three wins against Saban, two SEC West titles, one SEC Championship outright and an appearance in the national championship game which AU came within a whisker of winning. And at the end of a COVID-19 season that's unprecedented, that coach manages to navigate to a winning record against a 100 percent SEC schedule. And then he gets fired. 

Wonder who looks in at that and says "Yup, there's a fan base and an admin in touch with reality. I can't wait to jump into that!"?

Maybe things have changed. Maybe AU comes out of this smelling like the world's sweetest and most beautiful rose. But so far the way it's gone is about like I expected back when I was telling the "Fire Gus!" crowd to be careful what they wish for.  I sure hope that it all turns out great. I don't want AU to become Rocky Top on the Plains.

8 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Things have changed? As much as I'd like to be optimistic (though for me, these are really not my preferred candidates), I read "things have changed" and I wonder if that can really be the case. What would have changed? I don't mean the offers of money and so on. I mean what would have changed as far as Auburn and the meddling powers that be? 

I expect that the thing that gets in the way for some candidates boils down to realities that a lot of AU fans don't see. I get that it's not popular to say these kinds of things with respect to Gus Malzahn but an outsider sees a coach with eight seasons, no losing records, three wins against Saban, two SEC West titles, one SEC Championship outright and an appearance in the national championship game which AU came within a whisker of winning. And at the end of a COVID-19 season that's unprecedented, that coach manages to navigate to a winning record against a 100 percent SEC schedule. And then he gets fired. 

Wonder who looks in at that and says "Yup, there's a fan base and an admin in touch with reality. I can't wait to jump into that!"?

Maybe things have changed. Maybe AU comes out of this smelling like the world's sweetest and most beautiful rose. But so far the way it's gone is about like I expected back when I was telling the "Fire Gus!" crowd to be careful what they wish for.  I sure hope that it all turns out great. I don't want AU to become Rocky Top on the Plains.

Do you ever post without an agenda? Gus Malzhan was not a good coach and he got fired. Let it go. 

Archived