Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Here comes the crapping on the MWC and BSU crew. lol

I think it’s more of a rebuttal to the people going “well Gus only went 8-4 and this guy wins 10-11 games per year so it’s obviously an upgrade!”

And just pointing out its way different to win 10-11 at Boise than it is to win 10-11 against Bama, UGA, and the rest of the SEC

8 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

Him saying, "If we're not damn near perfect then it's not good enough ..." Hell yeah! Haven't watched the rest of the interview yet but love that.

I just talked to a neighbor who works in the President's office. Harsin is our new  coach. Press Conf. tomorrow. Freeze was offered again but turned it down at 3pm today, Harsin became 2nd choice.

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Trying not to switch automatically from anti-Gus to pro-whoever the next guy is but I'm hopeful in the hire.  Personally, I get intrigued by the "non big name" hires because it shows some creativity that goes against modern groupthink.  With everyone else, I'm curious about 1) how he can relate to recruits in the SEC and 2) does he have full autonomy.  At the least, we've gone from paying 7 million a year for 4.5 losses a year to hopefully 3.5ish million, so an automatic increase in our ROI 😂

Sounds like that MBA speak coming out from you😂

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

We are paying a massive buyout and lost a recruiting class for this? You guys can get all warm and fuzzy and call this a “solid hire” if you want. What a sham. 

Recruiting class was toast well before Gus was fired bro.

1 minute ago, drewzums343 said:

Remind me why we fired gus again 

Because he sux.   Never should have been hired based on his experience.   Yet , you want to slam a guy that’s proven he can   Coach 

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I just talked to a neighbor who works in the President's office. Harsin is our new  coach. Press Conf. tomorrow. Freeze was offered again but turned it down at 3pm today, Harsin became 2nd choice.

I think Freeze is dead-set on Tenn

3 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Top guy from Chris Peterson's coaching tree. My guess is, Harsin has enough confidence in his ability to live with some of the current coaches (we know who) until they retire or smoothly transition out. Then, maybe, he can hire who he wants. Excellent offensive coach. Adaptable. Proven QB coach, and winner. If he can recruit good players from long distances to Boise for god sakes, he SHOULD be able to recruit equally well, if not better at Auburn. The long distance recruiting background make work in our favor. Fresh blood and perspective. Embrace him. Give him a chance.

Won’t last long enough to outlast the hires. I’d give him 1-2 years before we’re looking for a new coach again.

Im warming up to this.  He is checking a couple boxes as I am researching. I posted his name around page 360ish of the coach search thread.

His record as HC (I knw its not SEC but he has won with what he has had)

He is young and energetic 

He is affordable 

He is not Kevin Steele

My questions. Can he recruit? Can he develop QBs? What kind of offense does he run? Is he an Offensive coach or Defensive...CEO type ?What are we getting here?

Feels good to me.  Got to see what coordinators come on board.  Hopefully we won’t have to do this coach changing thing for another 8-9 years.  Can he recruit OTs?

Just now, drewzums343 said:

All of the gus defenders are the same people defending this clown show. We will be mediocre as long as our fans are ok with it. 

You are really sounding like an idiot. Maybe step away from the keyboard for a while. 

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Feels good to me.  Got to see what coordinators come on board.  Hopefully we won’t have to do this coach changing thing for another 8-9 years.  Can he recruit OTs?

Signed 2 at Boise this year

Archived