Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

Here in Texas, Harsin is known as energetic, should invigorate your program and bring some new offensive recruits to Auburn that might not have previously been looking at AU. Might allow you to build on your recruiting class in February. Is well-liked by Mack Brown and a lot of the movers and shakers in college football. He doesn't have a proven track record of a big, big name guy, or even Freeze. But a good hire.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Him saying, "If we're not damn near perfect then it's not good enough ..." Hell yeah! Haven't watched the rest of the interview yet but love that.

I didn't hear any "coach" speak. I enjoyed his tone and direction

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I just talked to a neighbor who works in the President's office. Harsin is our new  coach. Press Conf. tomorrow. Freeze was offered again but turned it down at 3pm today, Harsin became 2nd choice.

When was Freeze offered a first time? So many varying reports on him.

Just now, casatiger said:

Bowden, Chizik, and Malzahn were all much worse hires.  They all had either undefeated seasons and/or took us to a championship game.  We will be ok.  

Chizik was a dynamite recruiter and DC that coached on two national championship teams, had ties to Auburn, and knew the dynamic here well. 

Malzahn was an OC for 2 SEC schools, and was at the time considered one of the better offensive minds in football.

This guy has pretty much no Power 5 experience and no SEC experience. He’s been a head coach in a really bad conference, and has led Boise  to the worst win percentage by a head coach they’ve seen since the 90’s.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Feels good to me.  Got to see what coordinators come on board.  Hopefully we won’t have to do this coach changing thing for another 8-9 years.  Can he recruit OTs?

If it’s a bunch of ex Auburn players, nothing has changed.

Just now, Auburn06 said:

I see a lot of negativity about this hire on here & reddit. We need to give the guy a chance, let's see how he does next season!

Because these people have as much vision as the PTB. Can't see past the Southeast and have a recency bias toward Charlie Strong and Tom Herman, etc...

Just now, bigbird said:

Same here. Just finishing the video now and I love him calling these people idiots and being upfront. I liked the video a lot.

10 minutes ago, Tivo48 said:

I think it’s more of a rebuttal to the people going “well Gus only went 8-4 and this guy wins 10-11 games per year so it’s obviously an upgrade!”

And just pointing out its way different to win 10-11 at Boise than it is to win 10-11 against Bama, UGA, and the rest of the SEC

no sheet sherlock, but he's has a better record than Clark, Freeze, Napier, Sark with their records. Oh an I think Boise beat Oregon if memory serves. there's been few that's been able to beat UGA, Bama...so take a chill pill. 

38 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Does this mean blue turf at JHS?

Perhaps. We need all the help we can get. This looks sad ...

Hope I'm wrong, and it works out exceptionally well for Auburn.

3 minutes ago, Auburn06 said:

I see a lot of negativity about this hire on here & reddit. We need to give the guy a chance, let's see how he does next season!

We don’t have to give him anything. We don’t have to give him a chance for the same reason we didn’t have to give Kevin Steele a chance. They are both bad options.

6 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

All of the gus defenders are the same people defending this clown show. We will be mediocre as long as our fans are ok with it. 

Wrong bro.  I've been calling for Gus's head for years.

Sorry you don't watch football and fail to recognize that this dude can flat out coach.

Just now, bigbird said:

From my guy who grew up in Boise and huge boise fan, apparently this guy can recruit his butt off and especially at the QB position . He did say Boise fans were ready for him to leave however , due to the fact that he seem to get stagnant in offense. He feels like he gives off a Dabo energy and can be very successful at Auburn if he doesn’t get in his own way. He also said that he had insane expectations because the Boise group always wanted him to be Coach Peterson which he is not. Also, Boise has a hard on for Kellen Moore lol. I expect him to be named the coach 

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Because we had 1000 better options available, and we ended up with this guy, who is more than likely going to send Auburn completely in the 🚽

He’s no different than Napier or Clark or whatever. He’s won at Boise after they moved to a tougher conference. 

for everyone’s fascination with Napier and his recruiting. CBH has recruited around the mid 50s-mid 60s every year. And has never not led the MWC in classes. 

Plus it looks like his time in Texas wasn’t fruitless as he looks like he has a solid pipeline there. 

If you also watch his interviews he’s doesn’t seem like the most approachable but he’s a no non-sense type which I personally welcome

And this has been said already. He’s the most accomplished HC Auburn has hired. 

I’m just shocked Auburn was in the mix with this guy.  Comes completely out of left field to new coach in one day.  

Short of Saban or Meyer this is about a best case scenario you can have after the way things were going.

Not a good hire. He wont be able to recruit. Boise State is the cream of the crop in the mountain west and will always be hard to beat. However, Boise State just got waxed by San Jose State. I give will give him 3 to 5 years. Boise State beating Florida State means nothing. They are horrendous right now. I am on the west coast and have watched a lot of Boise football. Mountain West and SEC is like night and day. He was good at Boise but not Chris Peterson good. 

People wanted the splash hire so of course they are going to be mad. I love these hires because this is the type of guy who seems like he can flat out coach. He isn’t just a recruiter. 

Archived