Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

Just now, e808 said:

@aubearcat save this post and we will revisit this in 3 years. I live in Hawaii and love Auburn. I have seen Boise State up close in personal more than most. Playing power 5 teams every now and then is different form on a weekly basis. I hope he proves me wrong.

Well now he will be playing power 5 teams with power 5 players too or did you forget that?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

We fired Malzahn who had a winning record every season he was here in a weird year where coaching shake ups just aren’t happening. If you are going to do something like that, it BETTER be a splash hire. From what I’m seeing in his resume, this guy isn’t going to bring us to the next level like people seem to want. 

Dude, unless you were going to get Urban Meyer, everyone out there is a crap shoot.   Do you not understand that?   Unless you are going to offer Saban or Dabo?

10 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Sec west head coaches. 

Alabama- nick Saban 

Arkansas- Sam Pittman 

Texas am- jimbo fisher 

Lsu- ed orgeron [has a national title]

Auburn-... Bryan Harsin 

Mississippi state- Mike leach 

Ole miss- lane kiffin 

If I was a recruit, no way would I choose auburn over any of those schools. Maybe Arkansas, we are the laughing stock of the SEC. Pathetic 

If you’re not a recruit, I could care less what you think 👍

10 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Sec west head coaches. 

Alabama- nick Saban 

Arkansas- Sam Pittman 

Texas am- jimbo fisher 

Lsu- ed orgeron [has a national title]

Auburn-... Bryan Harsin 

Mississippi state- Mike leach 

Ole miss- lane kiffin 

If I was a recruit, no way would I choose auburn over any of those schools. Maybe Arkansas, we are the laughing stock of the SEC. Pathetic 

This is a joke. This guy has no less credibility and probably more than gusted and recruits still chose us. Wait to see his staff. 

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

To people not agreeing with this hire, what guarentee is there that a big name coach can win in the SEC?  Considering  the other candidates, who among them has proven to be a better coach? You can speculate all you want about woulda, coulda, shoulda but truth be told we coulda ended up with Kevin Steele or worse.

Its nonsense to categorize this hire as aweful.  Much better than CGM, CGC, CTB, CTT and even a better record to our legend Coach Dye. Give the guy a chance before pouring salt over him.

The whole point in throwing Malzahn out on his butt was to get Auburn to the next level. The belief was that we should be winning more than 9 games a year. We should be too 5 in recruiting. We should be competitive in the playoff hunt. The move to get Malzahn out was made to elevate Auburn in the college football world. This hire just doesn’t give me any confidence that it is going to happen. 

Im happy it isn’t Steele. But to go throw a 9 day search, pass on several very qualified and better candidates, miss out on several others, and arrive at a guy with almost no power 5 experience... I’m disgusted.

I don’t see how any people who wanted Napier could be unhappy with Harsin. He’s got more years as a head coach and only 3 years older. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hahahaha I'm shocked this many people are against it!!! We hired a very accomplished sitting head coach at a known program.

Dude, people were thinking we were going to go out and pull Urban back into coaching. And Bob Stoops. Of course this will be the reaction. 

After a quick scan through his bio, I'm pretty excited about this. He's a proven winner and seems to be able to develop players just by looking at his record at Boise St. 

Welcome to the plains, Coach! 

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Dude, unless you were going to get Urban Meyer, everyone out there is a crap shoot.   Do you not understand that?   Unless you are going to offer Saban or Dabo?

I would've been much more excited about Napier.

It’s funny. We were all lathered up over Napier, who looks terrific but is actually less qualified than this guy. And we whine about QB play year after year, this guy was a QB and can coach QBs. 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

No, this means they’re still pulling the strings. I do not want two coaches who conspired to usurp the head coach in a power play anywhere near the program. 

You make a very good point.  I might have to back off from my statement and stand corrected.

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Freeze and Cristobal were better options. Sarkesian was a better option. Even Napier and Clark, who I wasn’t sold on, were better options and were more proven. Of the last three coaches at Boise, this guy has the worst record. 

We hired an Alpha 

We hired a coach who is gonna raise the standards

He recruits guys who are gonna work, wanna be and can be great

His staff is gonna be his best asset, cant wait for it to be filled

2 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

I don’t see how any people who wanted Napier could be unhappy with Harsin. He’s got more years as as a head coach and only 3 years older. 

I mean....this actually makes sense. 

25 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Bowden, Chizik, and Malzahn were all much worse hires.  They all had either undefeated seasons and/or took us to a championship game.  We will be ok.  

Ah ok, that makes sense. 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Dude, people were thinking we were going to go out and pull Urban back into coaching. And Bob Stoops. Of course this will be the reaction. 

Hahahaha touche fam!!! Touche!

Archived