Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia whoops auburns ass almost every year. It's barely even a rivalry. Hiring Bryan harsin doesn't make me feel that will be any different. You're delusional if you think he can compete with orgeron, smart and Saban. 

It’s ass backwards, but I definitely think it would behoove Bryan to find the RIGHT (RIGHT!!!) ex-Auburn guys as assistants/analysts, just so we’re not going into instate houses with no familiarity 

Dell is obv who everybody wants, Cadillac is probably the best possible stowaway from last staff. Gonna be hard to demote Kodi but he’d be a hell of a PURELY recruiting coordinator. I’m left soured on everyone on the defensive side. Tracy Rocker would be a great Garner replacement imo 

From Montgomery Advertiser article

Harsin was the 68th-highest paid coach in the country at $1.85 million this season. His buyout for leaving Boise State for another job is just $250,000

The financials of this may provide flexibility in hiring/retaining staff.

1 minute ago, drewzums343 said:

You're delusional if you think he can compete with orgeron, smart and Saban. 

How do you know he won't. 

8 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Geeze, half you folks on here are just miserable. Nothing is ever good enough for you and you just want to complain to hear yours selves bi-otch. We have people on here who have sworn to give up their season tickets, have dog-cussed the BOT members up and down, have degraded one of the best universities around, have talked about finding a new team to root for (move on please, true AU family doesn’t need you then), and actually believe all the crap the media puts out when half of it is proven to be opinions and complete BS anyways, and on and on and on for a week.

Now we are bashing the new coach, his record, his conference, his experience, his recruiting, HIS WIFE, arm-chair quarterbacking and second guessing everything before he has even been confirmed by our great university or you even know anything about the guy.  You are now bitching about who we didn’t get, second guessing everything Auburn does, questioning why we fired Gus in the first place, and on and on and on again. Damn people, get a grip.

Now I have done my fair share of complaining about games and Gus but I have NEVER given up on Auburn University!  Add me to the list you’ll be bi-oching about, and I’ll enjoy the upgrade in my season tickets with all the new seats available from you overly knowledgeable, former season ticket holders. WAR DAMN EAGLE anyways!  From a fourth generation AU grad, married to an AU woman, with children heading to AU.  

You didn’t get the memo, did you? The problem all along at Auburn is all the good football coaches are tied up posting in this forum..

25 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If not for our stupid boosters we could've easily had Napier...if this guy flops do we have any confidence in the PTB to come up with a strong replacement?!

You have at least 3 years to ponder it. 

2 minutes ago, Squidward2016 said:

Our DC needs to be Muschamp, Derek Mason, or Don Brown. I’m sure we have the money, and they’re all immensely qualified and better than Steele. If Steele stays I’ll be very disappointed 

I’m good on Don Brown. Getting routinely ripped apart by at least one non OSU school (read: not as talented as Michigan, and typically playing a very archaic style of football) isn’t a good look to me. Michigan fans wanted him gone for 2-3 seasons. Doesn’t scream improvement to me 

Just now, bigbird said:

How do you know he won't. 

I’m with ‘bird. Hot damn , folks! For all we know it may be a bust or it may be Auburn’s “RichRod” moment. Get behind Harsin or GTFO!

Noooo coach speak!!! Lol. What a relief!!! 🤣😂

2 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Georgia whoops auburns ass almost every year. It's barely even a rivalry. Hiring Bryan harsin doesn't make me feel that will be any different. You're delusional if you think he can compete with orgeron, smart and Saban. 

I feel you, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.  But on paper, we are in Trouble (with a capital T)! 

1 minute ago, drewzums343 said:

Big Facts!! People are getting upset about peoples opinions. I hope he proves me wrong. I live on the west coast and have watched a lot of Boise football from Peterson to Harsin. The record is smoking mirrors. The Mountain West is bad conference.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Big Facts!! People are getting upset about peoples opinions. I hope he proves me wrong. I live on the west coast and have watched a lot of Boise football from Peterson to Harsin. The record is smoking mirrors. The Mountain West is bad conference.

Nice. You post here much?

Looking at the head coaching records, you can make a argument he has a lot more experience and as good if not better record against as good or better competition. Remember in 2020 Napier did not play his usual SEC games that would have been loses.

25F06860-CC04-4EF5-9FDC-B47FD977DB8D.png

71F5F38E-BB50-4084-B0C5-284875C8AA89.png

50 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Because we had 1000 better options available, and we ended up with this guy, who is more than likely going to send Auburn completely in the 🚽

Just stop. We didn’t have 1000 better options than Harsin. We had maybe 4 or 5. Cristobal, Napier, Freeze, Venables, and perhaps a Kiffin or Sark. And two of those come with the NCAA’s extra special attention. Only Cristobal and Napier were home runs with no baggage. The others were very good options. 

We missed on MC and BN and that does piss me off. But this isn’t a crap hire by any stretch. 

Archived