Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Would someone tell me the short version of what Steele did. I have not seen a general description but have just picked up pieces about he and others subverting behind CGM’s back. I don’t doubt it happening..I just missed the details. Thanks

Schemed with the boosters and Garner behind Gus’s back for up to two years for the head coaching job at Auburn. Boosters finally nutted up and fired Gus with intention of promoting Steele until a fan uprising and information leaked and completely railroaded their plan. 

That’s the gist. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Would someone tell me the short version of what Steele did. I have not seen a general description but have just picked up pieces about he and others subverting behind CGM’s back. I don’t doubt it happening..I just missed the details. Thanks

I don't have much more than that to offer, but what I have read is that Steele and RG had been unhappy with Gus' leadership and went behind his back to influential boosters in an attempted palace coup to oust Gus and install Steele.

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Harsin is the next Urban? Wow why didn’t we hire him sooner?

Did anyone say he was?

He said he couldn't coach because he didn't have any past SEC experience. I present a coach without SEC experience that did very well. If you don't like that comparison, then...How'd Spurrier do?

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Did anyone say he was?

He said he couldn't coach because he didn't have any past SEC experience. I present a coach without SEC experience that did very well. If you don't like that comparison, then...How'd Spurrier do?

👍👍

40 minutes ago, e808 said:

I just opened my account today and have been an Auburn fan since Tommie Agee and Lionel James days. I am just giving my opinion based on what I have seen from Boise State. I would have preferred someone with southern recruiting knowledge. it's ok to be optimistic but Tony Elliot , Sark or Freeze would have been far better option.

were Elliot, Sark, and Freeze realistic options?   Elliot wouldnt interview, Sark apparently wanted a huge buyout, and Freeze, well, we know that story.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Did anyone say he was?

Me next!!

How’d Saban do?!

46 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Is the AAC or CUSA a good/strong conference? I would estimate that the MWC is superior to either of those. 

Nope after boise state its slim pickings. UCF, UAB, CINCY, MEMPHIS  are all better than the rest of the Mountain West

It appears B.S. has finished higher than half of SEC in the composite rankings almost every year of Harsin's tenure........and that was with two star talent.

the very fact that the news of Auburns new HC hire has the updykes trolls out in full meltdown mode here ,tells me Auburn made a solid choice. ....WAR EAGLE Auburn.... WAR EAGLE Coach Harsin

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Nope after boise state its slim pickings. UCF, UAB, CINCY, MEMPHIS  are all better than the rest of the Mountain West

Cincy and UCF are definitely good. I’m not sold on UAB or UM. Yes, I’m super glad that anywhere but AUburn bammer Clark is not the head coach at AUburn. 

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Schemed with the boosters and Garner behind Gus’s back for up to two years for the head coaching job at Auburn. Boosters finally nutted up and fired Gus with intention of promoting Steele until a fan uprising and information leaked and completely railroaded their plan. 

That’s the gist. 

Thanks for the clarity. I knew a little but that clears it up. I too would be glad for a clean slate. Hoping that happens. Maybe with Harsin’s fairly “nominal” buyout reported at $250,000 (I think), AU may very well have set themselves up with available cash to buyout the bad actors and can allow Harlin a clean start.

15 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s the gist. 

By the way...let us ALL remember that we may really have a Voice When In Unison!

Archived